6,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
willows dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC2EeVIaFaU

there.....

nope
It honestly doesn't matter.No matter how "hardcore" these people think they are,like what you like.Punk has all different types of sub genres.People say bands like Green Day,Blink-182,Good Charlotte,Simple Plan are Pop Punk because they're cooperate musicians (radio artist).
There's too many people on here who think they're more "Punk" than everyone else because they don't listen to that.Search on Google about the different Punk bands and the sub generas.You'll be surprised,you might find new bands you never heard of.Punk is a way of life.Watch the movie SLC Punk,it will explain a lot about Punk.
B-RyaN_9090
why you need a gengre and definitions... just listen the ******** bands you like >:c

Exactly (: What he said ^^
GirlRancid
It honestly doesn't matter.No matter how "hardcore" these people think they are,like what you like.Punk has all different types of sub genres.People say bands like Green Day,Blink-182,Good Charlotte,Simple Plan are Pop Punk because they're cooperate musicians (radio artist).
There's too many people on here who think they're more "Punk" than everyone else because they don't listen to that.Search on Google about the different Punk bands and the sub generas.You'll be surprised,you might find new bands you never heard of.Punk is a way of life.Watch the movie SLC Punk,it will explain a lot about Punk.
This website is full of obsessive freaks. Get used to it. Or you could just post about these bands in the main music forum and no craps would be given.
Well, you can't say that All Time Low is top-level punk rock like the Sex Pistols. Pop Punk is basically more of a lighter version of punk rock. Even though, they are all punk, but they are divided into groups to make the old-school punks happy. I don't really bother to argue between them both.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Look..... not speaking for everyone but I personally don't care about what anyone likes or doesn't like. Not all of the music I listen to has to be all from the same genre. You can love the music that you like and you can not care about what the genre is and that's fine, yet genres are specific. Does it really matter that anyone here is wrong about the genres that soe of these bands are. Yes there are some bands that I really really enjoy that gets posted here that isn't punk too. I personally won't make a judgment about the quality of the music that you listen to but, I might mention whether or not something is punk. all I really ask is that you don't begin convulsing into seizures when I mention that, maybe you don't like punk. Maybe you've never heard it before. Is that so much to ask
User Image

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
i..... I don't know what pop punk is anymore. I don't know.... who I am anymore

Versatile Lunatic

tl;dr it's all punk in the end, listen to what you want, putting it into classes won't make you superior
I still consider early Sum 41 to be pop punk. I don't wanna go into a nit-picky genre war, because those are ******** annoying.

Catchy? Check.
About 'rebellion'? Check.
Distortion and power chords? Check

Don't agree with it? Whatever floats your boat. All I know is that if someone asks me for a pop punk band, I'd give them Sum 41 or early Green Day, and not Ramones. While they obviously pioneered the sound, if I were to make pop punk, it would most likely sound like modern pop punk bands.

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
this thread's content makes me uncomfortable

anyway,
Alashuko The Fighter
Pop punk is an ironic term. It's a very horrible term and the bands are more terrible than the word. If Justin Bieber joined this, then the musicians and fans of punk will probably commit suicide or lynch Justin Bieber. Pop punk isn't real punk and a perfect example was The End Of The Century album by The Ramones and Green Day's work after Dookie.

Pop punk is VERY punk, thank you very much. Blink 182, Green Day, Brand New, and Face to Face are all considered pop punk.

Friendly Phantom

man overboard is a good example of pop punk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff