Welcome to Gaia! ::

rawheavygreen
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington
Then what would guys classify Icon For Hire as? They sound similar to Paramore, who I always figured were just rock, but people refer to them as pop punk. I have no idea. Genre classification is such a pain. :c

post-evanescense-core: woman with no self awareness who's just attractive enough that her dorkass bandmates won't call her on her s**t because then she might not look at their dicks when they jerk off in front of her

alternatively: a band assembled with a v****a in front for the sole purpose of cashing in on the success of acts like Paramore while operating under the veil of "girlz can rock 2"
hush little darling don't say a word, daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird

if you can't handle an honest answer then you shouldn't ask questions
When i asked for a genre I didn't ask for their life story or their motive for forming a band, you "my musik iz bett3r f** evrythin elss" c**t. I simply asked what genre their sound fell under.
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington
Then what would guys classify Icon For Hire as? They sound similar to Paramore, who I always figured were just rock, but people refer to them as pop punk. I have no idea. Genre classification is such a pain. :c

post-evanescense-core: woman with no self awareness who's just attractive enough that her dorkass bandmates won't call her on her s**t because then she might not look at their dicks when they jerk off in front of her

alternatively: a band assembled with a v****a in front for the sole purpose of cashing in on the success of acts like Paramore while operating under the veil of "girlz can rock 2"

When i asked for a genre I didn't ask for their life story or their motive for forming a band, you "my musik iz bett3r f** evrythin elss" c**t. I simply asked what genre their sound fell under.

Sounds like Nickelback with a girl singer, so post-grunge or hard rock.

I have to give them that they actually made that Nickelback sound worse and I didn't think that was possible.
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington

sorry 'bout yr bad taste

Liberal Smoker

avrablix

Then we have the bands that are the perfect cross between them. All Time Low would be a great example of that. You can't say they're one side more than the other.

*shoots self*
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix

Then we have the bands that are the perfect cross between them. All Time Low would be a great example of that. You can't say they're one side more than the other.

*shoots self*
What?

Liberal Smoker

avrablix
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix

*shoots self*
What?
Saying All Time Low is punk is like saying Justin Beiber is Punk.
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix

*shoots self*
What?
I know they're not punk. They're not pop, either. They're in the middle. Or, at least their older stuff is. Wasn't that obvious?
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington
rawheavygreen
Seppington

post-grunge c** pop-rock à la nickelback / daughtry / lifehouse / etc

quoth rawheavygreen: sorry 'bout yr bad taste

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You know what's ******** awesome? Listening to things because you like them.
Punk Weight
avrablix
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix
Dirt_Hellbringer
avrablix

*shoots self*
What?
I know they're not punk. They're not pop, either. They're in the middle. Or, at least their older stuff is. Wasn't that obvious?
they're not even close to punk or pop, actually
I know. The two genres don't sound at all alike, so the outcome of evenly combining them doesn't sound like either. I'm having a hard time explaining it.

Benevolent Noob

Contagioned
why isn't this thread about alkaline trio

Blessed Survivor

10,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
there s no punk-pop
that s just some s**t
that lame people who listen green day like to say
but green day is the FAKE punk
and avril too
so in other words people who say they listen ''punk-pop''
they have no idea what REAL punk is

Fashionable Prophet

my boyfriend calls the promise ring and the get up kids pop punk but i think there's a huge difference between that and like, the ergs.

i still do not understand what qualifies as pop punk even though i was part of the scene for like, a year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff