Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Well since I made a book club That no one participates in, and since I was just listening to the bags I was reminded I still have to read Alice bag's book "violence girl".

But since the last time I made this thread there was some pretty damn good book recommendations out there I figured I would give it another go. I will probably link the old thread so you can see those recommendations.

Anyway what punk rock books have you been reading. Also any good art books out there? The los angeles art book fair just happened and I ******** missed it.
im reading don quixote
Hrmm, I dunno, I mostly read a bunch of old classic literature stuff, and graphic novels. I know lots of punk artists have certainly written books though, and I know comic zines are pretty popular in punk culture too.
On that note, the only thing that comes to mind at the particular moment is a Vertigo graphic novel written by Lydia Lunch, and drawn by Ted McKeever, called Toxic Gumbo. I got it on eBay for pretty cheap. It's pretty ******** up and depressing as hell, also pretty feminist. The writing style and visuals really make me think of something out of William S. Burroughs.
I also got a book a few years back from a Michael Gira show of his short stories... I'd only so far actually read the first story, but it was also very Burroughs-like. Really psychologically drug-induced ******** grimyness and grit, these no wave fellas.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Shadowolf
Hrmm, I dunno, I mostly read a bunch of old classic literature stuff, and graphic novels. I know lots of punk artists have certainly written books though, and I know comic zines are pretty popular in punk culture too.
On that note, the only thing that comes to mind at the particular moment is a Vertigo graphic novel written by Lydia Lunch, and drawn by Ted McKeever, called Toxic Gumbo. I got it on eBay for pretty cheap. It's pretty ******** up and depressing as hell, also pretty feminist. The writing style and visuals really make me think of something out of William S. Burroughs.
I also got a book a few years back from a Michael Gira show of his short stories... I'd only so far actually read the first story, but it was also very Burroughs-like. Really psychologically drug-induced ******** grimyness and grit, these no wave fellas.
Oh s**t, I had an Issue of that somewhere. I had no idea that Lydia lunch wrote it. Neat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff