• Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Ustareth Merope Riddle
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Am I doing this right?

yeah, but since when do you like sadie sads?

Since I started listening to post-punk and goth s**t.

well, then just check out my blog (that was posted somewhere) and hit the post-punk and goth tag. you'll find a s**t ton of stuff there. and check out leprosarivm as well. he's got plenty of stuff.

I've been looking though it a bit since I made that Japanese punk thread a while back. I know they are post-punk, but I've gotten into Shonen Knife.

they're not post-punk, tho.

That's what I meant to say.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Ustareth Merope Riddle

Since I started listening to post-punk and goth s**t.

well, then just check out my blog (that was posted somewhere) and hit the post-punk and goth tag. you'll find a s**t ton of stuff there. and check out leprosarivm as well. he's got plenty of stuff.

I've been looking though it a bit since I made that Japanese punk thread a while back. I know they are post-punk, but I've gotten into Shonen Knife.

they're not post-punk, tho.

That's what I meant to say.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh

if you liked sadie sads you should probably try 水玉消防団

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Putrid Corpse Of Christ

Mizutama Shobodan—cute name. Anyway, it seems all these Japanese post-punk bands have the misfortune of being obscured by time and the fact that they weren't exactly relevant during their time. That probably has a lot to do with the language barrier and the niche nature of the Japanese music industry in general.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Putrid Corpse Of Christ

Mizutama Shobodan—cute name. Anyway, it seems all these Japanese post-punk bands have the misfortune of being obscured by time and the fact that they weren't exactly relevant during their time. That probably has a lot to do with the language barrier and the niche nature of the Japanese music industry in general.

yeah, for a while now i feel like i've been one of the few "historians" on the genre lmfao like i've had to drag up infinitely obscure bands and tbh i think i've done my part.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
So, I think YAPOOS has legitimately become my favorite band now.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
So, I think YAPOOS has legitimately become my favorite band now.

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Found some sweet-a** copies of Pink Flag, Door Door, and No New York in vinyl at the music library of my college's radio station. Wild times were had.
oh, i was gonna say that i remember another blackened post-punk band; hateful abandon:

Newbie Noob

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
Skeletal Family, The Chameleons, Wire...some of my favorite Post Punk bands. Still have much to sift through as far as music. This pleases me very much to know there's appreciation for this type of music on Gaia. I've listened to Yapoos before and they never quite struck me as Post Punk per se, but I do enjoy some of their music. I think Jun Togawa has an absurd quality that isnt found in a lot of music. She reminds me of a Japanese Nina Hagen in a way.

Ah yes, and loooooove Virgin Prunes. The Moon Looked Down & Laughed was my constant soundtrack while stalking the streets of Seattle.
Jun Togawa is great. Both the pop and the experimental stuff.
Berlyn Bats
Skeletal Family, The Chameleons, Wire...some of my favorite Post Punk bands. Still have much to sift through as far as music. This pleases me very much to know there's appreciation for this type of music on Gaia. I've listened to Yapoos before and they never quite struck me as Post Punk per se, but I do enjoy some of their music. I think Jun Togawa has an absurd quality that isnt found in a lot of music. She reminds me of a Japanese Nina Hagen in a way.

Ah yes, and loooooove Virgin Prunes. The Moon Looked Down & Laughed was my constant soundtrack while stalking the streets of Seattle.

this isn't post-punk?:
[youtuve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnQDRkW5qPI[/youtube]

Tipsy Heckler

Post-punk is excellence. Classic artists are obvious, but what are the favourite modern albums?
Chromefox
Post-punk is excellence. Classic artists are obvious, but what are the favourite modern albums?

modern post-punk hardly matters, but right now my favorite modern (as in from the last five years) post-punk album is hateful abandon's album, Famine (Or Into The Bellies Of Worms). merchandise have also done some really cool stuff.

(i should be seeing them on the 5th of january, so i'm super excited about that)

Tipsy Heckler

I literally just picked up that album two days ago, and I'm really fond of it.

Newbie Noob

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
Spectres

Moral Hex Meh, I guess Moral Hex aren't classically considered post punk, but what evs. I love em & they're def post-punk in spirit. It's actually hard for me to think of newer bands that I even like. I listen to way too much music that's 30 years plus old.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff