Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smoker

Shadowolf
Yep, the song you posted is at least my type of thing. I'll check out more of their stuff later. Thanks
The Lonesome Wail

this is gorgeous. why have i never heard this?

Benevolent Noob

this is a terrible thread
Jody Highroller II

but you post in the GD, so . . .

Benevolent Noob

Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Jody Highroller II

but you post in the GD, so . . .

you post on gaia

Conservative Fatcat

i thought swans was no-wave and then just later became drone-rock
Queen Sugartits

Their period with Jarboe's presence, I feel, went especially towards post-punk and goth, particularly Children of God/World of Skin.
Queen Sugartits

well no wave technically is post-punk, that's why james chance and suicide are also on there. but i only included those bands because they were particularly post-punky

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
There's an image that is broken in the OP.
Caucasian Walk
There's an image that is broken in the OP.

******** ******** ******** fixing that s**t now
Contagioned
I'll admit that my knowledge of the genre doesn't get much further than The Cure and Joy Division (plus all the random black metal / post-punk bands that I don't really hear post-punk in). But Aves is probably my single favorite artist for the last few months now. Which is part of that BM/post-punk thing, but this time I don't really hear the BM in it.

I even have a tough time choosing which songs to post, that's rare. Also, I'm pretty sure I've posted songs from him/them before.

Oh wow, this is awesome. I seriously can't stop listening to this.
Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me there are more of these blackened post-post punk bands out there like Aves.
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND
Contagioned
I'll admit that my knowledge of the genre doesn't get much further than The Cure and Joy Division (plus all the random black metal / post-punk bands that I don't really hear post-punk in). But Aves is probably my single favorite artist for the last few months now. Which is part of that BM/post-punk thing, but this time I don't really hear the BM in it.

I even have a tough time choosing which songs to post, that's rare. Also, I'm pretty sure I've posted songs from him/them before.

Oh wow, this is awesome. I seriously can't stop listening to this.
Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me there are more of these blackened post-post punk bands out there like Aves.

sleeping peonies has some post-punk influences. not really blackened-postpunk, tho

and then uhhhh, there's vuota. he's pretty cool.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Am I doing this right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces