Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you ever press your music into physical copies like tapes n s**t? if so, how do you go about getting it done/what is the cost/any other information you could possibly give about self-releasing stuff would be great. thanks in advance.
bung life
do you ever press your music into physical copies like tapes n s**t? if so, how do you go about getting it done/what is the cost/any other information you could possibly give about self-releasing stuff would be great. thanks in advance.

the cost is whatever the tapes/jewel cases are going to cost which depends on the project and the color scheme of the project and the amount needed for the the project, paper,time to construct your art and whatever your going to do,postage stuff and thats about it.

all it takes is tapes,paper,time, and money for the materials in a nutshell.
so you do all the recording onto the tapes yourself, not through a pressing plant?

Hilarious Poster

deffo do the dubbing yourself, i hate charging more than like $4 for a tape

edit: if yr gonna buy tapes in bulk National Audio Companyis probably the best place
bung life
so you do all the recording onto the tapes yourself, not through a pressing plant?

yea get a cheap duplicator. i was lucky enough to get a used master/slave set made by Kingdom a bit ago that'll make three copies from one master for like $50 and the guy threw in a couple boxes of C60s too.

can't remember where i used to buy my blanks from but i don't think they're around anymore; that NAC site has some pretty good prices
alright i'll look into the duplicator, thanks guys! and NAC is now bookmark'd for when i have everything in order.

on a similar note, this guy and i are putting out a split, but we're going to do CD-Rs and mine are going to have neat little inserts. he wants to do 100 which i think is a little bold but w/e it's not like i have anything else to do with my time

Hilarious Poster

cool, i'll be able to play noise on my dreamcast

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas