Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Recent pop-punk is the b*****d child of early 00's "hardcore" and mid 90's "pop-punk" and has yielded some pretty okay bands such as New Found Glory, The Wonder Years, and Masked Intruder. The problem is 00's era hardcore is more or less metal-core slowed down a bit.
So you have to explain a lot to get to that point...

BUT: It's recent rise in popularity is due to websites such as Tumblr.com and Vinyl collection forums such as DeadFormat.

It will surely dry up when the next fad hits.
Emil Storm
the world is turning inside out
Mr Sandy Man
Recent pop-punk is the b*****d child of early 00's "hardcore" and mid 90's "pop-punk" and has yielded some pretty okay bands such as New Found Glory, The Wonder Years, and Masked Intruder. The problem is 00's era hardcore is more or less metal-core slowed down a bit.
So you have to explain a lot to get to that point...

BUT: It's recent rise in popularity is due to websites such as Tumblr.com and Vinyl collection forums such as DeadFormat.

It will surely dry up when the next fad hits.

nope
i wish every hardcore dude would break up with their girlfriend so they can finally admit that new found glory is bad
bung life
i wish every hardcore dude would break up with their girlfriend so they can finally admit that new found glory is bad

ppl who like hardcore but also like new found glory

why is this a thing

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Because people can like more than one genre.
Duh.
Mr Sandy Man
Because people can like more than one genre.
Duh.

but nfg isn't even good

why pretend
do you like cats
bung life

why is this a thing

Because Chad Gilbert plays in New Found Glory and Shai Hulud and their stage presence is very much influenced by the hardcore scene.
Winter Forever
do you like cats
bung life

why is this a thing

Because Chad Gilbert plays in New Found Glory and Shai Hulud and their stage presence is very much influenced by the hardcore scene.

Gilbert hasn't been a permanent member of shai hulud since the 90's, he quit the band before most of nfg's fan base could s**t in toilets by themselves

also shai hulud is really terrible but i guess fans of NFG aren't really that concerned with quality

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
But.. anyone who listens to hardcore should know that "quality" isn't even the point.
Mr Sandy Man
But.. anyone who listens to hardcore should know that "quality" isn't even the point.

ur dumb

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Yup. That's me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers