Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
i don't really understand hardcore dancing, can someone please explain it to me

idk aboput hardcore dancing really, but da mosh is just da mosh. i don't particiapate unless i'm really intoxicated or else really just feelin' it, but sometimes you just get caught up in the music. the last time i moshed specifically to mosh was a Trapped Under Ice show (******** you guys that band rules) and i ended up breaking some dude's nose. but he understood and it was cool.

the only "hardcore dancing" i hear about is from poser s**t shows like For Today and Sleeping Giant, you know christian s**t whose fans don't really about proper hardcore punxxx and their only show expieriance is that weird s**t where they pray in betweeen sets and stuff. most of the "dancing" i see now is just side to side stuff at punk shows. but as stated in the DOH thread, i don't exactly go to shows very often anymore so what's popular is pretty foreign to me

wait this is actually a thing????

yeh, i have a buddy who's really into christian metalcore and every year he goes to this Scream The Prayer fest or w/e and they have legitimate prayer sesh's between sets and sometimes during sets between songs. it's a bizarre counter-counter culture.

Hilarious Poster

i know a girl who does that. she has a tattoo of dio on the cross iirc
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

idk aboput hardcore dancing really, but da mosh is just da mosh. i don't particiapate unless i'm really intoxicated or else really just feelin' it, but sometimes you just get caught up in the music. the last time i moshed specifically to mosh was a Trapped Under Ice show (******** you guys that band rules) and i ended up breaking some dude's nose. but he understood and it was cool.

the only "hardcore dancing" i hear about is from poser s**t shows like For Today and Sleeping Giant, you know christian s**t whose fans don't really about proper hardcore punxxx and their only show expieriance is that weird s**t where they pray in betweeen sets and stuff. most of the "dancing" i see now is just side to side stuff at punk shows. but as stated in the DOH thread, i don't exactly go to shows very often anymore so what's popular is pretty foreign to me

yeh, i have a buddy who's really into christian metalcore and every year he goes to this Scream The Prayer fest or w/e and they have legitimate prayer sesh's between sets and sometimes during sets between songs. it's a bizarre counter-counter culture.

i'd like to know when christians decided to start playing metalcore. like, which band started this whole surreal trend?
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

i'd like to know when christians decided to start playing metalcore. like, which band started this whole surreal trend?

it's likely an extension of 90's hardcore becoming more open and accepting of the ideas of organized religion in general. i know there were chuggy hardcore bands in that decade with christian ideals firmly rooted in their music but i can't think of them right now. either way it was probably Zao.
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

it's likely an extension of 90's hardcore becoming more open and accepting of the ideas of organized religion in general. i know there were chuggy hardcore bands in that decade with christian ideals firmly rooted in their music but i can't think of them right now. either way it was probably Zao.

i guess christianity would be the logical next step from straight edge, tho.
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

the next logical step was Krishna, which was infinitely more interesting than christxcore, if only because 108 are one of the best bands to ever play that chuggy metalcore style

the christian thing was mainly adopted by nerds who wanted their parents support and nerds who wanted to challenge the "open and accepting" atmosphere of 90's 'core in the mildest way possible
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

the next logical step was Krishna, which was infinitely more interesting than christxcore, if only because 108 are one of the best bands to ever play that chuggy metalcore style

the christian thing was mainly adopted by nerds who wanted their parents support and nerds who wanted to challenge the "open and accepting" atmosphere of 90's 'core in the mildest way possible

i kinda like 108, but krishnacore is weird.

i wish satan worship (not satanism, tho) was popular in the hardcore scene. like, wouldn't that be sick if there were legitimate devil worshiping hardcore bands?

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I've never had that problem, but I'm pretty hard to knock over.
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

i wish satan worship (not satanism, tho) was popular in the hardcore scene. like, wouldn't that be sick if there were legitimate devil worshiping hardcore bands?

it'd be a lot more tolerable than all this god is dead 666 st. peter's cross fruitcup s**t, that's for sure
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

it'd be a lot more tolerable than all this god is dead 666 st. peter's cross fruitcup s**t, that's for sure

wait what are you talking about. like, faux satan worship in modern punk? is that a thing?
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

wait what are you talking about. like, faux satan worship in modern punk? is that a thing?

it's really like anti-christianity more than satan worship, and really more in metallic hardcore than in punk specifically. bands like Harm's Way and s**t.
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats
bung life
do you like cats

it's really like anti-christianity more than satan worship, and really more in metallic hardcore than in punk specifically. bands like Harm's Way and s**t.
oh, well no wonder i don't know about it then; i care very little for metallic hardcore

Newbie Noob

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
Huh, well I hardly I ever go to shows anymore, much less Punk shows but most of the Punk shows that I have been to not everyone was trying to take out their frustrations of past child abuse on other people. I dunno, it's definitely happened, some beefy guys trying to bounce & knock me down. I'm 5'6 125 & I don't get aggro with anyone unless backed into a corner like a feral rat, so yea it pisses me off. I'm more a fan of a skank-type dance that goes in a circle or pogoing myself. I'm more a quiet faggoth so it doesn't suit. I was irked people were barely dancing at Circle JErks show I went to last.

Trash Kid

dat pit bro.
Dat pit.
I've gotten many a kick to the face from shows like that.

Dangerous Conversationalist

We used to call em' ballerhino'S.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas