Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I think they deserve their own thread. a lot to talk about including their early time as an art.... thing about how society is de-evolving due to our attachment to technology to the rocket power theme. anyone remember ******** rocket power? ain't it crazy that devo did the theme?

or that they made this and that it was great?!

Yes devo. Devolution. I am so drunk right now you don't even know but there's a lot to talk about

like about how society is de-evolving because technology

I know some of you people will get it, and the rest of you are teenagers who.... who just don't get it.

I am sorry, some of you people listen to s**t. I normally don't point it out but.... you listen to this blood on the dance floor and green day. do yourself a favor and listen to devo. listen to more than that but devo.... it's just great. enjoy your time on this planet.

Touya Todoroki's Fangirl

IRL Goth

34,425 Points
  • Memento Mori 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • I Get Knocked Down... 50
Jocko Homo has a timeless place in my heart. I remember seeing the characters from Rocket Power but I didn't have cable so I never watched it;;;;; Cheers though!
Mark from Devo also composed the Rugrats theme song, as well as plenty of other cool stuff.

New Traditionalists is a regular listen for me (as is most early Devo)
Devo rules. The fact that they get dismissed as a one hit wonder is a god damned tragedy. Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice are high quality post-punk/new wave albums.

And I had no clue that Devo (or some form of Devo) did the Rocket Power theme, but it makes an insane amount of sense. Consider my mind blown.

Tight song:

I like Devo, but love Rocket From The Tombs. Cleveland had some great bands in the 1970s.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My favorite Punk rivalry will always be Devo getting into a fist fight with The Dead Boys.
Metronome
My favorite Punk rivalry will always be Devo getting into a fist fight with The Dead Boys.

my favorite (until now, because this is ******** awesome) was Born Against vs Sick Of It All. but that's mainly just because i enjoy pranks on the greater community (and we got an awesome BA song out of it)

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Listening to the Live in Seattle '81 disc they put out this year.

Holy CHRIST, is it good.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

1982 alternate version of Girl U Want is the best Girl U Want.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

This is also culled from the same 3-Devo TV concert. I had it on a ******** video cassette in 1987 and it shows a couple of things:

A) It's the only time the song was ever performed live. One and done. Which is obscene because the song was already awesome off the record, and they ******** kill it here live.
1) Alan Meyer is a ******** BEAST. I'm pretty sure all the drums on the album were drum machine by this point, but you watch this live and it sounds absolutely, terrifyingly perfect in every way.
Metronome
1) Alan Meyer is a ******** BEAST. I'm pretty sure all the drums on the album were drum machine by this point, but you watch this live and it sounds absolutely, terrifyingly perfect in every way.

Alan Myers was my favorite DEVO drummer. RIP robo drumlord.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Metronome

This is also culled from the same 3-Devo TV concert. I had it on a ******** video cassette in 1987 and it shows a couple of things:

A) It's the only time the song was ever performed live. One and done. Which is obscene because the song was already awesome off the record, and they ******** kill it here live.
That s**t is ******** nuts

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces