Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Noob

I'm probably gonna sound like a d**k here but anyone notice anything odd, like everyone has nearly the same list and most are pre 90's. I'm not saying the lists are bad in any sort of way but they are all comprised of THEE punk bands, the who's who if you will.

Does anyone like any newer punk. I know, i know punk is dead and it's all now pop-punk, post-punk, and any other sub genre it can be defined by.

That being said my list pretty much includes all that has been said but including...

Leftover Crack
Star ******** Hipster
All
7 Seconds
Gogol Bordello
Street Dogs
Teenage Bottlerocket
The Gits
The Germs

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'd rather talk about The Pod, honestly.

It's such a good album.
Metronome
bung life
i was thinking about how great the dead kennedys are while taking a s**t at work earlier. such a great band.

Even though it doesn't do any service to the bass or the drums, the production on Plastic Surgery Disasters is gorgeous in its murky, white noise-ish terribleness.

Gives it a nervous (post?) Apocalyptic feel. The only album that goes one better in terms of grossness is Ween's The Pod.

PSD may actually be my favorite DK album as a full piece.

Dangerous Genius

9,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I love The Misfits heart lol And Blitzkid. whee and Cancerslug... lol

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Devils Rain

What's so funny?

Dangerous Genius

9,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Metronome
The Devils Rain

What's so funny?

Because I like so many things smile
TommyKae
I'm probably gonna sound like a d**k here but anyone notice anything odd, like everyone has nearly the same list and most are pre 90's. I'm not saying the lists are bad in any sort of way but they are all comprised of THEE punk bands, the who's who if you will.

Does anyone like any newer punk. I know, i know punk is dead and it's all now pop-punk, post-punk, and any other sub genre it can be defined by.

yeah, the regulars here like modern punk. personally, i don't give much of a s**t about most older bands.

Clean Smoker

do you like cats
TommyKae

yeah, the regulars here like modern punk. personally, i don't give much of a s**t about most older bands.
Punk Weight
do you like cats
TommyKae

i said "most". i mean, my all time favorite punk band is probably rudi peni, and their first ep was in '81

Clean Smoker

do you like cats
Punk Weight
do you like cats
TommyKae

i said "most". i mean, my all time favorite punk band is probably rudi peni, and their first ep was in '81
new and old, it doesn't matter

most of the punk i listen to is pretty modern

Savage Capitalist

Rock n Roll Adventure Kids, The Cramps, Piss Shivers.

Am I cool yet?
Alashuko The Fighter
The Misfits, The Ramones, The Cramps, The Exploited, Bad Religion, The Descendants, Downset, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Pennywise, Anti-Nowhere League, Anti-Flag, and Rise Against.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff