Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've seen Harm's Way live. Amazing band right there.
Another great band is Xibalba.
i aw xibalba in a garage once and thought they were pretty terrible tbh

but yeah this is a powerviolence thread and to make this post relevant, i also once saw the dude from insect warfare do guest vocals for hatred surge
rawheavygreen

but yeah this is a powerviolence thread and to make this post relevant, i also once saw the dude from insect warfare do guest vocals for hatred surge

You talking about Rahi? Rahi is a ******** mad-man.
and wasn't Alex from Hatred Surge originally in Insect Warfare?
Bass and Drum Powerviolence is best Powerviolence.
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND
rawheavygreen

Alex Hughes was in every band, his resumé is pretty ridiculous.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Alex+Hughes+(2)
Sacred Shock isn't listed, and there's probably a few more too
rawheavygreen
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND
rawheavygreen

Alex Hughes was in every band, his resumé is pretty ridiculous.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Alex+Hughes+(2)
Sacred Shock isn't listed, and there's probably a few more too

I knew he was in Knuckle Scraper (Max Isn't The b*****d is, hands down, one of the best PV 7" ever) and Machine Gun Romantics; but I had never heard of the other bands (except for Mammoth Grinder but I didn't know he was with them.) He sure as s**t knows his way around the PV.
DosXAmigos needs to record more material.
The split with Godstomper is godly ******** awesome; they seriously put Godstomper to shame at their own ******** game. Best Bass and Drum PV ever.
i saw xibalba in seattle and they were v. obnoxious. not even good musically, imo. but they were the kind of guys that you don't want to be around, and idk. they were just dicks, and their music was v. mediocre.
XxX_ScReAmO_sLuT_XxX
i saw xibalba in seattle and they were v. obnoxious. not even good musically, imo. but they were the kind of guys that you don't want to be around, and idk. they were just dicks, and their music was v. mediocre.

They did a tour here in Australia not long ago, and they played at a venue literally 5 minutes from my house. I went with some mates who enjoy that s**t. Was good dumb fun just tearing s**t up in the pit for awhile, but not something I'd go out of my way to listen ever again.
they were pretty typical dudes when i saw them but they wouldn't shut up about going to see Dimebag Darryl's grave
So I have started a bass and drum PV band with a mate of mine;
I'll be providing the bass in said project Vocal duties shared in trve PV stylez.

We have several songs worked out so far and are in the process of acquire some equipment to record them and put out a demo.
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND
I'll be providing the bass in said project Vocal duties shared in trve PV stylez.

We have several songs worked out so far and are in the process of acquire some equipment to record them and put out a demo.

Unless you are planning on investing in further recordings (perhaps including other peeps in your local scene) you might want to hit a local studio, usually cheaper than the gear.

Or you might just go analogue which would be even cheaper...depending. I am not exactly an expert
Jeb The Rock Hammer
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND

Unless you are planning on investing in further recordings (perhaps including other peeps in your local scene) you might want to hit a local studio, usually cheaper than the gear.

Or you might just go analogue which would be even cheaper...depending. I am not exactly an expert

Well, this isn't the only other project that the drummer is involved with. He does alot of solo work and work with other bands and has studied/done work as a sound engineer, in particular studio recording. He would have been purchasing these items regardless of our band being together - he has been hellbent on recording s**t for bands(his own or others) out of his work-space for ages.
Water Torture are working on a split 5" with Witch Cult, one of the UK's best powerviolence bands to be released in the next month or so.

We have a potential AOTY on our hands.

also, discuss Water Torture and their overwhelming auditory domination during 2012.
Hey, can you give me any recommendatios for some good PV bands?
All i've been listening to so far is Chest Pain, Spazz, Infest, Mind Eraser and Weekend Nachos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff