Welcome to Gaia! ::

its so cold in Alaska
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
what inspires this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
tho tbh i've never listened to Harm's Way, it's just i always see them rec'd on other powerviolence band's last.fms. and this dude is just always so ripped.

This picture was taken in my parent's basement
Any time I saw this band and the singer dropped the mic to mosh myself and everyone around me immediately ran to the side.

were they any good?

Liberal Gawker

Putrid Corpse Of Christ
its so cold in Alaska
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
what inspires this:
tho tbh i've never listened to Harm's Way, it's just i always see them rec'd on other powerviolence band's last.fms. and this dude is just always so ripped.

Any time I saw this band and the singer dropped the mic to mosh myself and everyone around me immediately ran to the side.

were they any good?

I always really liked them, they were from Chicago which wasn't too far from my city so I saw them play a lot in my city with bands like Weekend Nachos from about 08-10.
Their newest album is really good I think.

Liberal Gawker

Putrid Corpse Of Christ
its so cold in Alaska
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
what inspires this:

were they any good?

Also funny story about the singer, my brother was trying to write a paper about Chicago hardcore for school and he was interviewing him and he was just saying the most ridiculous things that couldn't be used in a school paper. My brother asked "What is an ideal show to you?" and he said "bricks given to every kid that enters, kids moshing with razor blades and stagediving with hammers."

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
I like both power AND violence. I think I'll look some of this stuff up when I get home from work.
Chest Pain. They ******** shred. That is all.
DO YOUR BEST OK
Chest Pain. They ******** shred. That is all.

Chest Pain are on my top 10 for best modern powerviolence bands.
That self-titled EP is crazy good.

Tipsy Tipper

I really like early powerviolence; honestly Neanderthal, Apartment 213 and Infest are the only ones I know. I'd like to get into earlier stuff more because it often sounded like the Metalcore of the time.

It's kind of like most of the bands that were expanding from traditional Hardcore into Metal/Grind/PV had similar sounds, but totally different attacks.
DiabolusNaggers
I really like early powerviolence; honestly Neanderthal, Apartment 213 and Infest are the only ones I know. I'd like to get into earlier stuff more because it often sounded like the Metalcore of the time.

It's kind of like most of the bands that were expanding from traditional Hardcore into Metal/Grind/PV had similar sounds, but totally different attacks.

get into GASP

Man-Hungry Fairy

Romantic Gorilla ******** rules -- but also this music video does!

so i almost got into a power violence rage last night.

went to a local show (ended up being shitty blink 182 worship) and on the way i was asked what music i listen to. i said punk, and emphasized that i listen to hardcore, crust, and powerviolence. so when powerviolence was mentioned someone said "ooh like what?" so i named a few bands, and then they're like "oh yeah [didn't know the bands] well i listen to magrudergrind"

i just sorta laughed and gritted my teeth
i used to really like magrudergrind a few years ago but i listened to them again like last month and couldn't even make it through half an album. ick.

anyway i saw cattle decapitation last night and i guess that's kinda relevant but i'm drunk so probably not
rawheavygreen
i used to really like magrudergrind a few years ago but i listened to them again like last month and couldn't even make it through half an album. ick.

anyway i saw cattle decapitation last night and i guess that's kinda relevant but i'm drunk so probably not

it's not relevant but i would definitely like to see cattle decapitation, if only for nostalgic reasons. what do they sound like now?
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
rawheavygreen

it's not relevant but i would definitely like to see cattle decapitation, if only for nostalgic reasons. what do they sound like now?

pretty much just more of the same. fast parts with amazing vocals. lyrics about humans being gored by bulls or something, idk. the vocalist hawked a loogie into his palm and then snorted it tho.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff