Welcome to Gaia! ::

seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog
Why is it so hard to believe that their are christian punk bands? punk only describes the musical influence, not lyrical influence. get it straight you silly silly people.. stare

it's not really hard to believe that it exists, just hard to believe that people listen to it (because it is more often than not completely flaccid and devoid of anything entertaining in the least bit)

either way, i'm not a fan of punk, though i do listen to some alternates to worldly music, because i rather listen to christian metal than lyrics about things i don't particularly care to relate to.

can someone translate this gobbledygook for me
bung life

...no stare

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
bung life
seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog
Why is it so hard to believe that their are christian punk bands? punk only describes the musical influence, not lyrical influence. get it straight you silly silly people.. stare

it's not really hard to believe that it exists, just hard to believe that people listen to it (because it is more often than not completely flaccid and devoid of anything entertaining in the least bit)

either way, i'm not a fan of punk, though i do listen to some alternates to worldly music, because i rather listen to christian metal than lyrics about things i don't particularly care to relate to.

In other words, he's trying to say the musical instruments are the only thing he cares about and he doesn't care about the lyrics and message. If that's the case, then Einstein needs to just listen to metal if he's listening to Christian metal for the instruments. Idk what sense he's trying to make
seanicthedgehog
bung life

...no stare

sorry yr diction sux

Aged Gaian

bung life
seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog

"I'd rather listen to shitty metalcore that sucks balls, but mentions Jesus, than listen to music that is actually remotely decent."
chaos.ultima.mage
bung life
seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog

"I'd rather listen to shitty metalcore that sucks balls, but mentions Jesus, than listen to music that is actually remotely decent."

10 points to gryffindor. now was THAT so difficult to understand? razz

and if i may ask, why do you find it not interesting at all? is it because of the lyrics? or are you really that close minded towards anything outside your understanding?

Shy Prophet

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Only one i like is Skillet... o.o 4laugh

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
oStormyNightso

That's christian hard rock and they are too mainstream to be punk. True Liberty is a better example.
seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog

you can't relate to things that aren't obviously christian

Greedy Capitalist

Alashuko The Fighter
oStormyNightso

That's christian hard rock and they are too mainstream to be punk. True Liberty is a better example.

emotion_eyebrow
seanicthedgehog
chaos.ultima.mage
bung life
seanicthedgehog
bung life
seanicthedgehog

and if i may ask, why do you find it not interesting at all? is it because of the lyrics? or are you really that close minded towards anything outside your understanding?

it's because it's generally just so devoid of anything even potentially interesting

christian bands seem to tend to work in this process: hey band x is cool > but i wish my mom didn't hate them > if only they sang more about jesus or whatever > hey that's it i'll start a band just like band x except about prayers > results in something out of date and overdone with a christian overtone that would make charles schultz jealous

tbh i can't even think of a single devout christian band that is even the least bit interesting

Greedy Capitalist

bung life
seanicthedgehog
chaos.ultima.mage
bung life
seanicthedgehog

it's because it's generally just so devoid of anything even potentially interesting

christian bands seem to tend to work in this process: hey band x is cool > but i wish my mom didn't hate them > if only they sang more about jesus or whatever > hey that's it i'll start a band just like band x except about prayers > results in something out of date and overdone with a christian overtone that would make charles schultz jealous

tbh i can't even think of a single devout christian band that is even the least bit interesting

current 93 is christian! sorta! tbh, i don't understand david tibet's religion, but he definitely believes in some form of christianity. probably copticism, or something similarly archaic and esoteric. (and add a dash of buddhism for good measure)
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
bung life
seanicthedgehog
chaos.ultima.mage
bung life
seanicthedgehog

current 93 is christian! sorta! tbh, i don't understand david tibet's religion, but he definitely believes in some form of christianity. probably copticism, or something similarly archaic and esoteric. (and add a dash of buddhism for good measure)

i honestly just kinda assumed Tibet was just some kind of weird computer program generating itself in human form for a joke

Greedy Capitalist

bung life
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
bung life
seanicthedgehog
chaos.ultima.mage

i honestly just kinda assumed Tibet was just some kind of weird computer program generating itself in human form for a joke

his extreme desire for approval is proof that he's not a computer program
the fact that we're fighting still over which music is better is pathetic. honestly, i don't care if you like it or not, and you shouldn't care if i like your s**t or not. there's a reason why there are different musical genre's and labels, for different "tastes." so if you can't understand or even comprehend that, i assume your life will not be worthwhile. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff