• Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa

yeah, i'm a wannabe, because i totally want to be a super cool christian punk like you. and i'm fairly certain, correct me if i'm wrong, that christian punk is punk about christianity. that's all your stupid genres ever are, just other genres with preachy bullshit lyrics.

No. I mean you are a wanna be in knowing everything. You couldn't be a poseur christian punk and convince a blind guy.

2nd, Christian punk doesn't mainly preach. Most songs are about saying what's wrong with pop culture, extremists Christians that aren't real Christians, corruption with government, and Christian anarchy. Complicated until u listen to it
yeah, just punk about christianity... nothing original. i never claimed to know everything, only that your music is bad and your god is fake.

Until you can offer ME, not other Christians, but ME, scientific facts that Greg Gaffin could, then I'll believe ya. That's just your opinion til then. Til then, your a sorry excuse for a troll. I've seen better punks on this forum that criticize music. smile
lol, scientific facts ok, you honestly expect me to believe your faith is based on science? you keep thinking that.

No. It's based off faith and history. However, there are Christian Science colleges. No idea how that works.
k dude. put it this way, if you were raised in a different country you would be saying the same things about adifferent religion. how does that make you feel about the chances of you being right?

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
yeah, just punk about christianity... nothing original. i never claimed to know everything, only that your music is bad and your god is fake.

Until you can offer ME, not other Christians, but ME, scientific facts that Greg Gaffin could, then I'll believe ya. That's just your opinion til then. Til then, your a sorry excuse for a troll. I've seen better punks on this forum that criticize music. smile
lol, scientific facts ok, you honestly expect me to believe your faith is based on science? you keep thinking that.

No. It's based off faith and history. However, there are Christian Science colleges. No idea how that works.
k dude. put it this way, if you were raised in a different country you would be saying the same things about adifferent religion. how does that make you feel about the chances of you being right?

I'm not saying I am. But I would be selling out if I changed my faith to be an atheist. Atheism is pretty much fitting in since its so popular thanks to MTV and pop culture.

Wheezing Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa
Alashuko The Fighter
Mr Sativa

I'm not saying I am. But I would be selling out if I changed my faith to be an atheist. Atheism is pretty much fitting in since its so popular thanks to MTV and pop culture.
atheism is accepting that you dont know s**t about how the universe works, but instead of just believing what some people who lived thousands of years ago (whose combined iq would equal 10 by todays standards) wrote, you try to learn as much as you can about it.

Aged Gaian

Alashuko The Fighter

If I were previously involved in this conversation, I'd be done with it at this point. neutral

Conservative Fatcat

Alashuko The Fighter

76% of americans identify as christian
1.6% identify as agnostic/atheist

In a 2006 nationwide poll, University of Minnesota researchers found that despite an increasing acceptance of religious diversity, atheists were generally distrusted by other Americans, who trusted them less than Muslims, recent immigrants and other minority groups in "sharing their vision of American society".

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter

In a 2006 nationwide poll, University of Minnesota researchers found that despite an increasing acceptance of religious diversity, atheists were generally distrusted by other Americans, who trusted them less than Muslims, recent immigrants and other minority groups in "sharing their vision of American society".

Yea, well 98% of my school is atheist. So Minnesota ain't me and it ain't 2006

Conservative Fatcat

Alashuko The Fighter
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter

no it is not

and i don't think you understand how to read: "in a 2006 nationwide poll" (the other statistics are from a nationwide survey)

Greedy Capitalist

Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter

no it is not

and i don't think you understand how to read: "in a 2006 nationwide poll" (the other statistics are from a nationwide survey)

i'm curious to see if those stats about trusted religions have changed in the past 7 years. seems unlikely, but i'd definitely like to see that survey redone sometime in the near future.

it did blow my mind, tho, when in 2006 muslims somehow managed to rank higher than atheists, considering islamophobia was still going strong (not to say it's gone away, but it seems like the media doesn't cover islamic paranoia as much as it used to . . . and i do regularly read Fox Nation). i know that in england most people think atheism is synonymous with satanism, so perhaps that same idea is what rules popular thought in america?
alashuko are you real

Girl-Crazy Genius

you are my favorite thread maker alashuko

Conservative Fatcat

SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter

no it is not

i'm curious to see if those stats about trusted religions have changed in the past 7 years. seems unlikely, but i'd definitely like to see that survey redone sometime in the near future.

it did blow my mind, tho, when in 2006 muslims somehow managed to rank higher than atheists, considering islamophobia was still going strong (not to say it's gone away, but it seems like the media doesn't cover islamic paranoia as much as it used to . . . and i do regularly read Fox Nation). i know that in england most people think atheism is synonymous with satanism, so perhaps that same idea is what rules popular thought in america?

basically it seems more like they think people will act evilly unless they think some magic being in the sky watching them to keep them in line

it's been replicated in other surveys - the most recent finding i found actually was a psychology journal article from 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841

"A description of a criminally untrustworthy individual was seen as comparably representative of atheists and rapists but not representative of Christians, Muslims, Jewish people, feminists, or homosexuals"

here's a cool article from this january http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=in-atheists-we-distrust

Greedy Capitalist

Zsa Zsa Gabortion
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter
Zsa Zsa Gabortion
Alashuko The Fighter

no it is not

basically it seems more like they think people will act evilly unless they think some magic being in the sky watching them to keep them in line

it's been replicated in other surveys - the most recent finding i found actually was a psychology journal article from 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841

"A description of a criminally untrustworthy individual was seen as comparably representative of atheists and rapists but not representative of Christians, Muslims, Jewish people, feminists, or homosexuals"

here's a cool article from this january ]http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=in-atheists-we-distrust

this reminds me that i need to subscribe to scientific american again

the really interesting part to me is how the study found that non-religious people also preferred religious people for high trust jobs.
Why is it so hard to believe that their are christian punk bands? punk only describes the musical influence, not lyrical influence. get it straight you silly silly people.. stare
seanicthedgehog
Why is it so hard to believe that their are christian punk bands? punk only describes the musical influence, not lyrical influence. get it straight you silly silly people.. stare

it's not really hard to believe that it exists, just hard to believe that people listen to it (because it is more often than not completely flaccid and devoid of anything entertaining in the least bit)
bung life
seanicthedgehog

it's not really hard to believe that it exists, just hard to believe that people listen to it (because it is more often than not completely flaccid and devoid of anything entertaining in the least bit)

either way, i'm not a fan of punk, though i do listen to some alternates to worldly music, because i rather listen to christian metal than lyrics about things i don't particularly care to relate to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff