Welcome to Gaia! ::

does anybody listen to aus rotten anymore?
ok not green day what were some of the first punk bands you discovered that made you want more
for me i really liked c**t 45 and then i memorized all of aus rotten's songs
i don't listen to either now but i srsly never hear anyone mention aus rotten

sry if this thread's already been done

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
cliche story but it's pretty understandable that I got into punk basically because of Minor Threat and Have Heart. the rest was a long story but these two bands were the foundation of it all. I sort of 'got out' of punk and hardcore a while ago but every once in a while I still listen to them and some other few and of course, I wouldn't be who I am today if not for them and their music.

Aged Gaian

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater soundtracks. Pennywise, The Vandals, Goldfinger, Millencolin, etc... when I was 13 and then on through high school.

I also had a few friends introducing me to other stuff, like Bad Religion, Black Flag, Dropkick Murphys, The Impossibles, Strung Out, Turbonegro, etc...

After about 14 or 15, though, I found metal, and that's what I listen to for the most part, but I get on a punk kick every now and then.

Greedy Capitalist

aus-rotten was a favorite of mine way back in the day. but the band that really got me into punk was rudi peni. and they're been a favorite of mine ever since i first heard death church in like 2006. the stalin was also a huge help in making punk one of my favorite genres.
afi and minor threat

Girl-Crazy Genius

Slime, Dead Kennedys, Meatmen, and Kill Your Idols were my firsts.
Definitely Tony Hawk Pro Skater! (Adolescents, Suicidal Tendencies, etc). Then my friend introduced me to the album p***s Envy by Crass and my world was changed.

Greedy Capitalist

I Am Music Whore
Definitely Tony Hawk Pro Skater! (Adolescents, Suicidal Tendencies, etc). Then my friend introduced me to the album p***s Envy by Crass and my world was changed.

i forgot to mention this. i knew about crass before hearing p***s envy, and i liked them well enough. but then i heard p***s envy and was blown away. i think the super feminist lyrics were what made it so appealing to me.
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
I Am Music Whore

i forgot to mention this. i knew about crass before hearing p***s envy, and i liked them well enough. but then i heard p***s envy and was blown away. i think the super feminist lyrics were what made it so appealing to me.

i always knew about rudipenisis and listened to cosmetic plague a lot but took a while to listen to the rest. the super feminist anti capitalist stuff by aus rotten helped me shape me growing adolescent babby social ideals and opinions which is why i rly got into them.

btw ure famous

Wheezing Lunatic

Ramones. Bad Religion.
kearni filth
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
I Am Music Whore

i always knew about rudipenisis and listened to cosmetic plague a lot but took a while to listen to the rest. the super feminist anti capitalist stuff by aus rotten helped me shape me growing adolescent babby social ideals and opinions which is why i rly got into them.

btw ure famous

Hell yeaaah a few more awesome feminist punk songs you might be into

I Am Music Whore
kearni filth
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
I Am Music Whore

btw ure famous

Hell yeaaah a few more awesome feminist punk songs you might be into

Those are awful ******** suggestions, she should listen to this instead:

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That first GWAR album is still pretty delightful.
kearni filth
does anybody listen to aus rotten anymore?

i listened to the system works lp today at work

crass subhumans and opivy were my genesis

Greedy Capitalist

kearni filth
SKY FULL OF RED PETALS
I Am Music Whore

btw ure famous

i wonder if punk helped me to develop my hxc social views. maybe! i dunno! i guess it's impossible to know for sure, because i don't remember when i started becoming super leftist.

?????????????it's a mystery???????????????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff