Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am so glad I'm not the only one offended by this song! It was horrible! It was WAY too vivid of a song to put on this site! I could barely make it through the song, the lyrics just kept getting dirtier and more graphic! I do not approve Gaia. This is a PG-13 site, and while I know the content allowed under that rating grows everyday (ugh!), I still think this one is out of line.

Divine Berserker

I agree. I don't know about PG13 ratings. But it made me uncomfortable.
I agree wholeheartedly. That song is HIGHLY inappropriate. I started to play it, heard the lyrics, and completely left the dance floor. I have an 8 year old sister, and I DEFINITELY don't want her to hear that sort of thing.

Gaia, you're breaking your own rules. Not only is the song explicit, it uses language in an inappropriate manner as well. Please, if you do nothing else, remove this song.

Durem Elder

I agree! That song is totally disgusting. For a site that claims to be rule oriented, they broke their own TOS. The song is NOT PG-13. It's grossly over sexual.
stare omg get over it. its a damn song n the only people whining about it happens to be the OLDER people. Grow up. most people are smart enough nowadays to get on with life without being influenced by what people tell them or whatever anways. Gaia obviousally made the decision to put it on there. its done. what are you STILL whining about? im sure the poooor poor younger generations will survive with or without this song, and im pretty sure there are way worse things out there popping in their faces everyday. go cry.
shankycakes
stare omg get over it. its a damn song n the only people whining about it happens to be the OLDER people. Grow up. most people are smart enough nowadays to get on with life without being influenced by what people tell them or whatever anways. Gaia obviousally made the decision to put it on there. its done. what are you STILL whining about? im sure the poooor poor younger generations will survive with or without this song, and im pretty sure there are way worse things out there popping in their faces everyday. go cry.

and the event is going to end soon. So why bother ._____.

Durem Elder

Yes, exactly. The older people are the only ones complaining because we're the only ones who know it's wrong. Younger kids don't have a clue. Voicing a legitimate compaint is not whining, it is voicing a legitimate complaint. Just because the younger people have worse things in thier faces every day, doesn't meant they should have those things. Kids shouldn't have to grow up so fast.

BESIDES the fact that with the posting of this song, Gaia is being EXTREMELY hypocritical and breaking the TOS that they have set forth. Users have been banned for similar offences. Shouldn't the admins be held to the same standards that we are?
You'd think. But im pretty sure they run the place =]
The event is ending in 50 minutes >__>
shankycakes

I am very curious to see how old you think us "OLDER" people actually are. Do you picture us with walkers wearing support hose? Using "Depends" and Ben Gay?

Would it surprise you to know that I, as you defined as one of the "OLDER" people have multiple piercings and hair that is sometimes Purple and sometimes Turquoise - IRL? That I enjoy going to concerts and clubs, and listen to music that is certainly not PG-13 rated?

Yes, the younger generations will survive, and I am sure most of them have heard this language on TV, in movies, at school, on the internet, etc.

However, I don't think Gaia is the place for it.

How old, I wonder, do you guys think the mean age of the majority of the Gaian community is?
(Actually, I would love to see stats on that myself)

Ok, yes, the event is over.

So what do I want at this point? Why am I still "whining" about it?

I thinks Gaia owes it's community a major apology. I would like to see an announcement, or at least a post, simply admitting an error in judgment, and a promise to review more carefully their media for future events.

What about it, Gaia?
eger28
holey jesus i thought i cleared this up >.< to now a day standerds that song is pg-13 and if gaia dident think the kids could hadle the song they would of never put it on i know u older people dont like the song kids do o well if they do what it says their falt its their choice the song isent telling them to do it its all about self will if they are smart they will no not to do it if their not good luck

eger - As a public service to all of us who have to try to decipher what you wrote, please at least glance at:

Wikipedia: Punctuation Usage
i considered older 18+
and do you want an award for your hair and piercings? cause im sure i could care less what you look like. But yeah it over basically. I don't see why they have to apologize. It's their site. But if they do, thats grand.
Gaia doesn't own you anything. - the end

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
LOL I thought that song was funny. I was kind of surprised Gaia would put a song like that on their site though. XD But when you look at some of the items they have on here, I guess it's not that surprising...
Ok, so I understand why people dislike the song because it's inappropriate (especially for younger gaians), but I think that song is hilarious. I thought that song was there as a joke.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff