Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, so I finally got my media panel just the way I like it. All encompassing.

The problem is, those annoying controls are still in the way. They appear over the video AND give my viewer the option of turning off the music. Both are completely unacceptable.

Anyone know how I can get rid of those controls? I want it to be more of a background instead of an actual video. You can look at my profile as it is now for reference. I've been toying with the parameters tags for youtube videos but the only one that seems to work is the autoplay.

Thanks in advance for reading my post. All one of you. blaugh

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
"They appear over the video AND give my viewer the option of turning off the music. Both are completely unacceptable."

It is like someone in your house turn on a loud speaker and playing a music you do not like but you are not allowed to ask him to turn it off.
=============
Back to the topic, while I do againts your idea of not giving viewer to turning off the music. I am ok with helping the other part about you do not want the media controls to appear so the video can show up as more "background-like"

You can use &controls=0 parameter for that.

First you just have to make sure you are NOT using &version=2 or googleapis version of Youtube since it is not supported if you are using those parameters together

Second although the player does not show any controls, there are still keyboards shortcut controls and the users still allowed to pause the music by clicking the video. To some extend, playlist and licensed video title will still appear even showinfo is set to 0

reference: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters#controls

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces