Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Kitten

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Hello Gaians!

If you are a lot like me...and find this coding stuff seriously confusing then I am your girl. If you have paint, a wix account, and web browser then you're going to be just fine! This is for a profile with just a basic homepage.

Creating your wix profile (read all before beginning)

First off: You need a flash wix layout. Now before you freak out, I have provided a link below to send you straight to the template (layout) you need to use. Whew, that was scary.
Click here(Not a spam, promise) You want to select the start from scratch one. If you already have a flash layout created proceed to stage two. If not go ahead and begin your beautiful wix layout by experimenting and having fun.

User ImageStage 2User Image

Once you have completed, click PUBLISH!

Now let's get to the tricky stuff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step one: Once you've got your website's URL, go ahead and click on it. It should direct you to your beautiful homepage.

User ImageA URL is the address of a specific Web site or file on the Internet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step two: Right click the background (not on the layout) you should get a small task option bar. Click View Page source

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step three: You will be led to another tab filled with endless numbers and letters and words.This is a large code. You need to copy the entire thing by hand. HAHAH jk xp Just right click, select all and copy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step four: Go to this website; its a generator that will help you. Paste your code into the blank box and click convert. It'll lead you to a page with two codes. Select all of the media code and copy. We will refer to this page as the generator page. DO NOT EXIT FROM THIS TAB. Keep the tab posted for final steps

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step five: After copYing the code, go to this website and paste.Click shorten URL. To the right itll give you a small link. Copy it. This is your media code.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step Six: Go to Gaiaonline.com. Go to account settings. Hover over the preferences tab, and select profile options. Make sure your theme code box is completely clear. Change your profile option to current. SAVE

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step 7: Proceed to your Gaiaonline profile, and click edit profile. If you already have a media section proceed to step 8. If not, select content on the menu to the right and add a media section to your profile.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step 8: Click edit on the media section, and paste the URL into URL space. Click update. Now remove all sections except your media section. Trust me, it'll be cluttered and behind your layout.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step 9: Click Theme in the menu off to the right. Before we can continue, you need the CSS code. And that is located on the generator page. Return to the Tab and select all and copy the CSS code provided under the media code. Return to Gaiaonline, select the CSS tab on the theme section, and paste code into box. Click update.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Step 10: Now Save! =] It should appear once you preview your homepage normally.

Now if you want to change your profile whether its the music or the layout in general, you have to do the entire stage 2 over again everytime. =]

Wow, see that was easy wasn't it? For any questions, please contact me and I'll be sure to answer any of your questions.

-Duffy Dear User Image

Devoted Gaian

thank you duff heart

Fluffy Bunny

Thank youI emotion_bigheart you Just a random person being thankful

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items