Welcome to Gaia! ::

So in the code I set a picture as the background url and set the size to cover.
However now there seems to just be this white bar on the bottom of the profile and nothing I do gets rid of it.

Also, is there a way to have like two background images? One on top of the other?
So like if I want a background image of a pattern then to put another set of images on top is there a way to do so?

Beloved Darling

Sh Axk

It's hard to see what you've done wrong if your profile is set to private. It would be helpful if you did so in order for us to help you with the first problem.

Having two background images is possible using background-image layering, which is explained concisely in Knight Yoshi's style sheet solutions guide, near the bottom of the background post.
Confelicity

o: That's cool thanks!
Sorry about the profile thing but here's what it looks like on my browser xx.
That's the bottom of the page and the background is set to cover so I don't know why that white bar exists

Beloved Darling

Sh Axk

User ImageUser Image

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´нєℓℓσ тнєяє♥User Image

It might be that the background image that you're using is already stretched out wide enough to fit the page, but it's not tall enough to fit it because its actual size is smaller than the screen.

Try using this:

html, body {background: url(______________) no-repeat center center fixed; background-size: cover}

If it doesn't work, please set your profile to public so it is easier for us to help you and examine your coding.

User Imageуσυ ɑяє ωση∂єяƒυℓ♥`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Judging by screenshot alone, I can tell the problem lies in your background code selector.

You just used body selector but you forgot to add html into it
It supposed to be html, body { ....

and also you might need background-attachment:fixed;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out