thanks

More like..
#columns {
float: none;
margin: 0 auto;
position: relative;
width: 1024px;
}

The !important rule is not necessary, just need to make null what Gaia has for the pre-set style and apply a width, then 'margin' will work just fine.
Also... really, have you tried using less flash, and smaller images? Your profile causes so much lag, all the time.. gonk

Codebreaking Genius

9,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
Katsuyuna
Like many other people I use the Stylish addon-on so !important is quite necessary to me. Also 0 before auto isn't necessary either. Just auto work the same. She was already using float: none is I was skipping this step, I think she already knew that.
Knight Yoshi
The !important rule is not necessary, just need to make null what Gaia has for the pre-set style and apply a width, then 'margin' will work just fine.
Also... really, have you tried using less flash, and smaller images? Your profile causes so much lag, all the time.. gonk

"Like many other people I use the Stylish addon-on", I know what Stylish is, however, I do not know "many" people who use it to style profiles, because how many profiles do you see daily that have "!important" for every single property..

The "0 auto", zero defines the top and bottom margins. The margin: auto; sets all margins to auto - that is, margin-top, margin-right, margin-bottom, and margin-left.

Now, the reason why you probably don't see any difference in the margin of the top and bottom properties is this: well, it just doesn't seem to work in any browser. Regardless of a set height...

So, with a set width, and a set height, margin: auto; is supposed to center both horizontally and vertically. But it doesn't. So it won't affect it... for now. But the 0px auto is not redundant. It sets top and bottom margins to 0px, and left and right to auto. margin: auto; sets all margins to auto.

In other words, it's just good practice to set it to zero if you don't need it.

Also, decompressed your CSS and took a look at it.
You know that
#id_comments div.postcontent span {
display: none !important;
;
}

Will remove any thing that has underlines, colors, size, you do realize that? As demonstrated in a comment I posted. Just saying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff