Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://horntastic.angelfire.com/ Is not working with my code that I have for my Wix. Is anyone else having this problem? If I'm the only one can someone else convert my code for me?

Dapper Gaian

Hello,

So I actually found the video you linked at the beginning of this thread by doing google searches on how to make a Gaia profile, and everything is good except for the fact that it would appear that Wix doesn't offer Flash Templates anymore? I can only seem to access HTML templates, and when I search for Flash templates I get this: User Image

I'm currently using Google Chrome on my laptop, and this is what I see, but whenever I use Chrome on my Android, I can see all the templates for Flash. I was wondering if its just that they had got rid of them for the Desktop website, but not for the mobile site? Thank you so much in advance.

Dapper Phantom

LexorTheGreat
Hello,

So I actually found the video you linked at the beginning of this thread by doing google searches on how to make a Gaia profile, and everything is good except for the fact that it would appear that Wix doesn't offer Flash Templates anymore? I can only seem to access HTML templates, and when I search for Flash templates I get this: [img.]http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab126/lexor5674/Untitled_zps24790a20.jpg[/img]

I'm currently using Google Chrome on my laptop, and this is what I see, but whenever I use Chrome on my Android, I can see all the templates for Flash. I was wondering if its just that they had got rid of them for the Desktop website, but not for the mobile site? Thank you so much in advance.

I have long suspected that they would eventually completely remove the Flash-based templates tbh.
When I click the link to go to the old Flash templates, I am actually redirected to the HTML ones now.
Do you see the same behavior?
(to check: click link in first post about Flash templates, hover over one, click "view" button, see if the HTML5 logo shows in the upper right corner)

Skilled Genius

I am doing a follow up. Wix no longer allows creating or editing existing Flash sites.
https://www.wix.com/support/html5/ugc/1f045f5d-f234-4b1f-b42b-fe41db1381e2/e7cfc4de-c1c0-4b7d-9eee-108cee82ec04
Additionally, we no longer allow building sites using the Flash editor.

Devoted Hellraiser

8,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please check at least the first group of FAQs (1.x) before quoting this.
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

So, there aren't any flash wix's anymore therefore I can't make a profile on Wix so I don't think Wix profiles for Gaia are doable anymore. Existing one's are fine though apparently. Please let me know if you find away to do it?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
No Reason Boner
So, there aren't any flash wix's anymore therefore I can't make a profile on Wix so I don't think Wix profiles for Gaia are doable anymore. Existing one's are fine though apparently. Please let me know if you find away to do it?
If you read Yoshi's post right above yours, Wix dropped its Flash templates a few weeks ago.
There is no longer any way to create or edit a Wix Flash template.

If you still want a Flash profile, you would have to find someone who knows how to make custom Flash layouts yourself and hire them to make you one. Otherwise, you're going to have to learn how to use CSS if you want a fancy profile.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Devoted Hellraiser

8,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
No Reason Boner
If you read Yoshi's post right above yours, Wix dropped its Flash templates a few weeks ago.
There is no longer any way to create or edit a Wix Flash template.

If you still want a Flash profile, you would have to find someone who knows how to make custom Flash layouts yourself and hire them to make you one. Otherwise, you're going to have to learn how to use CSS if you want a fancy profile.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I saw that, yeah. I'm just going to have to do that eventually, thanks! smile

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Animefrak1
Can anyone help me convert Wix Profile into a gaia profile?

If you have a look at the recent replies in this thread, you can see that Wix recently discontinued support for their Flash profiles, which is the version which was required to embed in a Gaia profile. So there's no way to use a Wix design on your profile any more. If you're wanting a new profile, you can have a look at some of the guides for regular profiles here to make one yourself, see about getting a premade (Gaia Tools is the only currently updated site which offers ready-to-use profiles, though there's a few older ones) or paying another user in the Personalised Graphics or Services forum to create a profile for you.

Dapper Phantom

I have added an announcement to the front page regarding the removal of Flash templates.
In January, I will be updating this thread and the guide webpage to make this change more clear.

Sorry guys, but this is the end of Wix profiles on Gaia.

Bashful Explorer

7,015 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
That sucks! I just remembered about this software for the first time in years and came here to make another profile. They're fun to make but I'm sure there's a reason.

Thanks for updating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces