Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

xtwiztidxjuggalettex666
Have you found a way to get the embed code?

Not yet, as I have not yet had a chance to work on the issue.
Chances are there is no way to get the embed, so I will have to completely re-write the converter.
If it works, I can quote you when the first page is updated if you want.

Edit:
Ok I've found a workaround and put some info on it on the front page.
Hopefully this will help you get your Wix set up

Alastair Robin
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

I've made a profile and after publishing it there's no embed button to get the code. And it's DEFINITELY a flash profile. I've already made the mistake of making an html haha

help

Please see the announcement in the first post, and the above response./color]

Anxious Gaian

While I update the guild and my Guide, I have also updated my guide slightly and linked your Visual Guide in the "News and Announcements" section of my own guide so that members can use both Guides.

Dapper Phantom

First post is updated to reflect recent Wix changes, but needs cleaning.
I'll do that soon/whenever I feel like looking at this stuff again *shot*

Dapper Phantom

xtwiztidxjuggalettex666
Thank you, for figuring it out. I'm trying to get to the converter website, but it won't let me.
Could you try to figure that out, or here is my code from wix if you could put it in your converter and tell me the codes i need. I don't know which is easier for you. Thanks so much.

Please can you put that in spoiler tags or delete it from the post? It's really stretching the page.
Looks like all of Angelfire is down, it'll probably come back up soon.

Media code:
http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?pageId=YJX5NZYaHwsEVQWnqzkhVg--a&embedFormat=websites

CSS:
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 2444px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; width: 2444px; }
.media_panel { height: 768px !important; width: 2444px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 2444px; width: 2444px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; color: #eee; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }
#texts_container, #pictures_container { width: 0; margin-left: 50%; position: absolute; top: 0; }

Note that that's going to be very wide.

Note to self:
Make converter handle character counting & error handling a bit better.

Dangerous Lover

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Horntastic

I am on a mac and I right clicked and the flash thing DOES pop up. I also have no embed code and am on a mac. I have no idea what i'm doing I have the profile I want saved and ready to put onto my profile but don't know how.

Cat

18,500 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Thanks for the converter and easy instructions. i was able to make my new profile because of it. whee

Dapper Phantom

-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic

I am on a mac and I right clicked and the flash thing DOES pop up. I also have no embed code and am on a mac. I have no idea what i'm doing I have the profile I want saved and ready to put onto my profile but don't know how.

Check back through the guide - Wix has removed the embed code option but there is a way around that.
I'm still working on getting cross-browser instructions, but you need to view the page source of the editor.
Safari for mac looks like it might be difficult, but if you have Chrome you should be able to open the edit page in a new tab instead of a new window and then find the view source in the menu > tools > view source or by pressing ctrl or command + U after clicking the address bar.
Horntastic

i followed the guide and its still not working.

Dapper Phantom

Pip Louise
Horntastic

I'm not sure what happened, put your source code in pastebin.com and give me the link.
(or PM me the whole code but I'd rather you use pastebin as Gaia messes up the formatting)
Also give me the link to your view page.
Horntastic
Pip Louise
Horntastic

I'm not sure what happened, put your source code in pastebin.com and give me the link.
(or PM me the whole code but I'd rather you use pastebin as Gaia messes up the formatting)

http://pastebin.com/qbzFGQdE
Do you mean this ?woeisrain.wix.com/rainrain
and thanks cx

Dangerous Lover

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Horntastic
-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic

Check back through the guide - Wix has removed the embed code option but there is a way around that.
I'm still working on getting cross-browser instructions, but you need to view the page source of the editor.
Safari for mac looks like it might be difficult, but if you have Chrome you should be able to open the edit page in a new tab instead of a new window and then find the view source in the menu > tools > view source or by pressing ctrl or command + U after clicking the address bar.

Okay so I was able to view the source but it is a huge page of code so now i'm lost and have no idea what to do from here

Dapper Phantom

Pip Louise
Horntastic
Pip Louise
Horntastic

and thanks cx

That's weird that it's not working let me PM you tomorrow when I've had a chance to pick that apart.

-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic
-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic

Okay so I was able to view the source but it is a huge page of code so now i'm lost and have no idea what to do from here

You stick the source into the converter. horntastic.angelfire.com

Dangerous Lover

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Horntastic
Pip Louise
Horntastic
Pip Louise
Horntastic

and thanks cx

That's weird that it's not working let me PM you tomorrow when I've had a chance to pick that apart.

-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic
-l- MlMl -l-
Horntastic

You stick the source into the converter. horntastic.angelfire.com

Thanks so much your a doll!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas