Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Poster

9,875 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well I went the flash route because it was easier, but now I have a big grey line going down the profile.

Demonic Capitalist

You guys make this process so easy.

<3'ed and subscribed to this thread.

Dapper Phantom

no original username
Well I went the flash route because it was easier, but now I have a big grey line going down the profile.

That's a problem with the setup of your Wix. Make sure your background covers the full area.
There are two backgrounds that you can set while editing your Wix. One is the background of the Flash area itself - this is the background that will appear on Gaia. It cannot be transparent, as Gaia does not support Flash transparency, even though Wix does. The second is the background that goes on the page behind the Wix on your Wix viewing page - this one will not be included in your conversion.
If nothing else, you can create like a black rectangle shape that is slightly bigger than your profile and send it to the back, covering up the excess white.
If you continue to have issues, let me know and I'll post more info about the different ways of setting up bgs on Wix, though it may take several days.

@Kyrin: Thanks! I'm glad it helped~

12,625 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Mage 100
Horntastic
Lament of Max
I haven't open my gaia account for like 2 years and now I just found out that you can no longer update your wix profile, because wix took away the embed feature, I was wondering if there is still a way to update my profile, and if there is I'd really appreciate if you guys can help me.

This guide currently provides an up-to-date method of getting your Wix code, even without the embed. The method has changed quite a bit though, so read through carefully first. If you get stuck, let me know where n_n

the guide worked like a charm!
Thanks for the help mr. Horntastic, you have my everlasting gratitude.

Quick Kitten

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I am so glad to hear that you can still use wix to build profiles! I saw someone with an adorable profile earlier and she direceted me to the thread, but she wasn't sure if it still worked since Wix had changed a lot. I am definitely going to be reading through this thoroughly in order to build my profile! (I tried building my own with just editing basic code... it didn't work out so well for me. LOL)

OG Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please check at least the first group of FAQs (1.x) before quoting this.
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Hi! gonk
I can't seem to get those white boxes out of the way!
I'm not so good at resizing the CSS and stuff like that so I'm just so confused right now
as to why it's not showing up properly. I've tried messing around with the height and stuff but I can't work it out. v_v

Please help!!! heart sweatdrop

Here is my pro on wix: http://coolcats53.wix.com/productofsociety

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Dapper Phantom

CHIsecake
Horntastic
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

Hi! gonk
I'm not so good at resizing the CSS and stuff like that so I'm just so confused right now
as to why it's not showing up properly. I've tried messing around with the height and stuff but I can't work it out. v_v

This is a problem with the background settings that a lot of people are having issues with.
I will be researching & making a post on the issue, but probably won't be able to until this weekend.

OG Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
Horntastic
CHIsecake
Horntastic

Hi! gonk

This is a problem with the background settings that a lot of people are having issues with.
I will be researching & making a post on the issue, but probably won't be able to until this weekend.

Okay, no problem! Thank you so much!
Can't wait :3

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Apparently, after coming back to Wix and making a new profile in ages, I just now noticed that they have html versions now. I spent 3+ hours on this profile and found out it was not flash. fml forreal.

http://chewyness.wix.com/ghibli

I'm guessing there's no way to "convert" html profiles to flash profiles?

Desirable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
  • Survivor 150
Chewyness
Apparently, after coming back to Wix and making a new profile in ages, I just now noticed that they have html versions now. I spent 3+ hours on this profile and found out it was not flash. fml forreal.

http://chewyness.wix.com/ghibli

I'm guessing there's no way to "convert" html profiles to flash profiles?

I literally just did the same thing. There are Flash profiles still, but I had to Google it first, then go back into the site to find them. It's a pain.

I spent literally 5 or more hours working on this damn profile, all for it to be HTML.

Quick Kitten

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
No idea how this happened, but I was able to get my wishlist AND my Wix media to be seen on my profile. I'm not sure if it's a glitch, but it WAS what I was trying to do. At first the wishlist layered UNDER the Wix, but now it's way down at the bottom of the page, so that it shows up just under the Wix media box!!!

I was actually trying to get my wishlist to show BESIDE my media, but I'm not sure if that is possible or not. I'm just happy to have the wishlist visible again.

Dapper Phantom

Moonstone Mystique
No idea how this happened, but I was able to get my wishlist AND my Wix media to be seen on my profile. I'm not sure if it's a glitch, but it WAS what I was trying to do. At first the wishlist layered UNDER the Wix, but now it's way down at the bottom of the page, so that it shows up just under the Wix media box!!!

I was actually trying to get my wishlist to show BESIDE my media, but I'm not sure if that is possible or not. I'm just happy to have the wishlist visible again.

The code collapses all the columns on top of each other to make the code more generic.
One of these days I may tweak it to prevent the problem you had, but I dunno I just don't have much time for Gaia anymore.

So basically, you can have other panels if you put them in the same column as the Wix, but you can't have them next to each other unless you know enough CSS to change how the Wix displays. You may want to try temporarily removing the CSS when rearranging your panels.

Uh, if you really want your wishlist to the side and don't mind waiting a few days for code to make it happen, PM me.

Visio Dei's Kouhai

Shirtless Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Horntastic
Moonstone Mystique

The code collapses all the columns on top of each other to make the code more generic.
One of these days I may tweak it to prevent the problem you had, but I dunno I just don't have much time for Gaia anymore.

So basically, you can have other panels if you put them in the same column as the Wix, but you can't have them next to each other unless you know enough CSS to change how the Wix displays. You may want to try temporarily removing the CSS when rearranging your panels.

Uh, if you really want your wishlist to the side and don't mind waiting a few days for code to make it happen, PM me.

I'm glad i reviewed some of the recent posts before asking my question cause you might have just answered it, in a way, I've been having an issue where after the wix profile is posted onto my gaia account, and it appears fine and dandy, after a day or so the wix profile disappears and all the content appears collapsed on top of each other. I was wondering why it did that and if there was a way to prevent/ change it to where it does not do that anymore.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
NEKO-NIl
I'm glad i reviewed some of the recent posts before asking my question cause you might have just answered it, in a way, I've been having an issue where after the wix profile is posted onto my gaia account, and it appears fine and dandy, after a day or so the wix profile disappears and all the content appears collapsed on top of each other. I was wondering why it did that and if there was a way to prevent/ change it to where it does not do that anymore.
Sounds like you're changing your Username a lot?
Every time you change your name, your profile "resets" -- all of your default panels reappear and your customized panels (Media and Customs) are removed.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces