Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat

18,500 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please read the red announcement in the first post regarding new/updated profiles before quoting this.

Hello :3

I am having an issue making the white box go away in my profile. I can get the sides but not the bottom part. I think it has something to do with the width and height i have it set to on gaia vs wix but i am not certain. Usually i can play with it until I find the right ratios but this one has me stumped. (i have also tried adjusting the master page to no avail)

wix demensions: width 1150 height 1150.

this is what i have in my theme override:

html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; }
.media_panel { height: 1000px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 1000px; width:1000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }

I have tried going smaller in height but it only throws the sides off making the white box worse. The profile doesn't look terrible now...the extra white at the bottom blends in i guess but i am picky for details.
Do you have any suggestions in possibly correcting this?

Dapper Phantom

Bleach1114
Horntastic
Please read the red announcement in the first post regarding new/updated profiles before quoting this.

I am having an issue making the white box go away in my profile. I can get the sides but not the bottom part. I think it has something to do with the width and height i have it set to on gaia vs wix but i am not certain. Usually i can play with it until I find the right ratios but this one has me stumped. (i have also tried adjusting the master page to no avail)

#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }

I have tried going smaller in height but it only throws the sides off making the white box worse. The profile doesn't look terrible now...the extra white at the bottom blends in i guess but i am picky for details.

Are you sure those are the dimensions of the profile?
That implies a square profile, but the profile actually looks slightly rectangular.
I got better results when I changed the number I bolded in red above to "913" rather than "1000".
(all the other numbers, even the height of the embed/object, need to stay at 1000 due to how Wix sizes - I can go into more detail if you're curious about this. It's probably what was causing you to have issues when trying to re-size the code yourself)

Cat

18,500 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Horntastic
Bleach1114
Horntastic

Are you sure those are the dimensions of the profile?
That implies a square profile, but the profile actually looks slightly rectangular.
I got better results when I changed the number I bolded in red above to "913" rather than "1000".
(all the other numbers, even the height of the embed/object, need to stay at 1000 due to how Wix sizes - I can go into more detail if you're curious about this. It's probably what was causing you to have issues when trying to re-size the code yourself)

Thank you! that was the exact issue. i was trying to change both heights instead of the one.
Much loves! you Rock!! heart

Dapper Phantom

Bleach1114
Thank you! that was the exact issue. i was trying to change both heights instead of the one.
Much loves! you Rock!! heart

Oh, good!
Basically, Wix always sizes to a square, so you have to make the actual embed/object be a square and then I use the media panel's overflow option to trim off the bottom of the Wix, making it rectangular. If that makes any sense.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
So I have a quick question... I gather the Wix profiles used on Gaia don't show HTML codes? 'Cause I have an HTML code box on my Wix page, and it shows up when I view the site through Wix (http://bluebanshee0079.wix.com/gorathtsugaia), but as soon as I set it into my Gaia profile the HTML doesn't show up anymore.

The HTML is the little box in the bottom right of the page. My PS3 trophy icon.

Dapper Phantom

Gorath Tsu
So I have a quick question... I gather the Wix profiles used on Gaia don't show HTML codes? 'Cause I have an HTML code box on my Wix page, and it shows up when I view the site through Wix (http://bluebanshee0079.wix.com/gorathtsugaia), but as soon as I set it into my Gaia profile the HTML doesn't show up anymore.

The HTML is the little box in the bottom right of the page. My PS3 trophy icon.

That is correct. The HTML is actually separate from the Flash, so it doesn't get carried in when we grab the Flash code.

Since that HTML is actually just a linked image, instead try adding it to your profile using the Text feature of the Gaia-side editor:
[url=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/Guyzel_Dreighten][img]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Guyzel_Dreighten.png[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Horntastic

Yeah, I suppose I could just do that. Works well enough. The only problem is that it makes the image really tiny for some reason. Ah well, at least it shows up.

Dapper Phantom

Gorath Tsu
Horntastic

Yeah, I suppose I could just do that. Works well enough. The only problem is that it makes the image really tiny for some reason. Ah well, at least it shows up.

You need to put it in a floating code area, not a custom section.
But if you really want to use the custom section, they have a max image width set.
Add this code:

#column_1 img { max-width: 9999px; }

(that code will not actually re-size the image, it will just override the limiting code Gaia sets)

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Horntastic

I'm not really sure what you mean by a "floating code area"...

Dapper Phantom

Gorath Tsu
Horntastic

I'm not really sure what you mean by a "floating code area"...

When you click edit your profile the little control panel comes up.
The last option before the save button is a button that says code.
That button allows you to create a floating area like images, except instead of an image it's custom text or code.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Horntastic

Ooh, right... I get it. Alright. Though is there some way to move that box around? It layers itself right over the top of my Wix page. >>;;

Also... If I take out the content code so I can edit the Gaia profile again, it sticks the custom text box up in the top left corner where it can't be clicked on to be edited. Any clue how to fix that?

Dapper Phantom

Gorath Tsu
Horntastic

Ooh, right... I get it. Alright. Though is there some way to move that box around? It layers itself right over the top of my Wix page. >>;;

Also... If I take out the content code so I can edit the Gaia profile again, it sticks the custom text box up in the top left corner where it can't be clicked on to be edited. Any clue how to fix that?

Floating image and text/code areas should be able to be dragged and dropped into any position.
If you're having trouble moving them, try on another browser.
(especially if you mainly use Chrome - the v2 editor is sometimes quite buggy with Chrome)

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Horntastic

I was able to move the code area until I put in the theme CSS code. When I first tried, it layered the custom text code box over the upper middle of my Wix page, so I removed the theme code and was going to move the code text box into another position, but after remove the CSS and going to edit my Gaia profile, it stuck the custom code box up into the upper left corner with the bar that you click and drag stuck into the Gaia bar so I can't click it or even delete it.

I've remove the CSS from my profile now. You can see what I'm talking about...

Dapper Phantom

Gorath Tsu
Horntastic

I was able to move the code area until I put in the theme CSS code. When I first tried, it layered the custom text code box over the upper middle of my Wix page, so I removed the theme code and was going to move the code text box into another position, but after remove the CSS and going to edit my Gaia profile, it stuck the custom code box up into the upper left corner with the bar that you click and drag stuck into the Gaia bar so I can't click it or even delete it.

I've remove the CSS from my profile now. You can see what I'm talking about...

Did you try another browser? This is a fairly common problem.
The code I wrote for Wix profiles does move floating images like that around so they can be centered properly with the rest of the profile, but should not affect your ability to move the image. However, the v2 editor is quite glitchy and sometimes you have to come at it from a different browser.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Horntastic

Well, I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer, and with all three the box is stuck in the top left corner where I can't select it. Bah. ><;;

I wonder if there's a way that I can "reset" my profile to its default? Hmmm...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff