10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Horntastic

Nethaca
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

I followed your guide in every step but when it gets to adding the code into the media box I get the following error:

Database Error
Could not delete medias

That is my embedded code from wix (I did make it on a flash profile).
Any idea why it is doing this?

Ok, you have one of the media/custom panel profile glitches. This has more to do with Gaia than it does Wix.
To fix this, try:
1. Open up the profile editor, click the theme button then the CSS tab.
Save the code that is currently in there somewhere safe, then delete it and replace it with this:
#id_media_, #id_custom_ { display: none; }
This should remove the glitchy media and custom panels on your profile, and return it to the 3-column view.
3. Delete all your panels except for one, like the details section or something. Save and make sure they go away.
You should have only one panel visible on the profile when this is done.
4. Add a new media panel, and put the media code in it.
Save the profile and view it, making sure that the Wix is properly in the media panel (if a bit small)
5. Delete the non-media panel and save again. Open the theme > CSS tab again.
Delete the code you added in step 1 and replace it with your Wix CSS. Save and view, make sure it worked.

Thank you very much for the help - it worked perfectly!
Now I need to re-edit my wix profile because the music didn't go on it but I will re-follow your guide again.

Again, thank you for the help! Excellent guide!

Dapper Phantom

Nethaca
Horntastic

Nethaca
Horntastic

I followed your guide in every step but when it gets to adding the code into the media box I get the following error:

Database Error
Could not delete medias

Ok, you have one of the media/custom panel profile glitches. This has more to do with Gaia than it does Wix.
To fix this, try:
Save the code that is currently in there somewhere safe, then delete it and replace it with this:
This should remove the glitchy media and custom panels on your profile, and return it to the 3-column view.
3. Delete all your panels except for one, like the details section or something. Save and make sure they go away.
Save the profile and view it, making sure that the Wix is properly in the media panel (if a bit small)
Delete the code you added in step 1 and replace it with your Wix CSS. Save and view, make sure it worked.

Now I need to re-edit my wix profile because the music didn't go on it but I will re-follow your guide again.

When you edit the profile I'm like 99% sure that the embed code doesn't actually change, so you shouldn't have to re-convert your code each time.
Glad you like the guide, and you're welcome!

Dedicated Friend

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Horntastic
Nethaca
Horntastic

Nethaca
Horntastic

Database Error
Could not delete medias

To fix this, try:

When you edit the profile I'm like 99% sure that the embed code doesn't actually change, so you shouldn't have to re-convert your code each time.
Glad you like the guide, and you're welcome!

I'll let you know if it does so you can know for your gudie in the futurue :3

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Horntastic
Loveszmassacre
Horntastic
Loveszmassacre
Finally! Thanks sooooo much biggrin !
My profile is zoomed in like a close up .-. but it's okay biggrin .
It looks better than what i was working with before.
This was easy and took less time than i expected! ♥
~praises~

If it really looks funny I can try to help you figure out why, but if you're ok with it then that's cool too n_n

I'm so glad you liked the guide~

Ok razz . Well, tried fixing it because i read over what you said about height and width because
I also have a white edge on the far right of my profile. I checked the sizing and both width and height are the same amount (2100px, probably a little too big e_e). Do they have to EXACTLY be in the form Width>Height?

Width should be greater than or equal to height.
2100px is really quite large, we may be able to modify the CSS or something to make it look better?
I'll need to be able to view your profile though, which is currently on private.
Feel free to add me temporarily if you want to keep it hidden from everyone else.

Nethaca
Horntastic

Database Error
Could not delete medias

To fix this, try:

Sorry about that >_<. Opened to public now :].

Adored Cat

8,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Horntastic

Hi, I just finished my Wix profile but it seems that Wix has changed, when i click "publish" I don't see where to get the codes crying

Can you help pleas?
Thank you

Dapper Phantom

Loveszmassacre

Ok I messed with your code a bit but the height of the profile currently looks like its larger than the width or something I'm not really sure. Can you paste your embed code here?

KTaoGH
Horntastic

Hi, I just finished my Wix profile but it seems that Wix has changed, when i click "publish" I don't see where to get the codes crying

Can you help pleas?
Thank you

You have most likely made a profile from an HTML template, which are incompatible with Gaia.
Unfortunately, there is no way to convert an HTML Wix to a Flash one, which are compatible.
Look at the first guide post (getting started) to learn how to choose a Flash template.
Once you have the Flash template the guide's screenshots should match n_n

Adored Cat

8,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Horntastic

You have most likely made a profile from an HTML template, which are incompatible with Gaia.
Unfortunately, there is no way to convert an HTML Wix to a Flash one, which are compatible.
Look at the first guide post (getting started) to learn how to choose a Flash template.

Thank you, I figured that out and...now I have to start over again.

Dapper Phantom

KTaoGH
Horntastic

Thank you, I figured that out and...now I have to start over again.

You're welcome~
I really like your profile btw, it's simple and well laid out, and the colors are nice.
I also like how your page change menu stays in the same place on each page ;)

Adored Cat

8,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Horntastic

You're welcome~
I really like your profile btw, it's simple and well laid out, and the colors are nice.
I also like how your page change menu stays in the same place on each page ;)

Thanks~
I had a hard time doing the menu. Apparently menus are supposed to go outside the box, which will not show in Gaia...
I am glad you like it ^^
Finally I have a decent profile LOL

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Horntastic
Loveszmassacre

Ok I messed with your code a bit but the height of the profile currently looks like its larger than the width or something I'm not really sure. Can you paste your embed code here?

KTaoGH
Horntastic

Can you help pleas?
Thank you

<object width="2100" height="2750" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid biggrin 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10.0.0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/> <param name="[removed]" value="always"/><param name="base" value="http://static.wix.com"/><param name="movie" value="http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="FlashVars" value="pageId=7ikd;PqOvVU4CJ66WrtSew--a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=3fefd495-c160-463d-8adc-e0327312c647&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a" /><param name="scale" value="noScale" /><param name="salign" value="tl" /><embed src="http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf" quality="high" allowNetworking="all" [removed]="always" allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="pageId=7ikd;PqOvVU4CJ66WrtSew--a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=3fefd495-c160-463d-8adc-e0327312c647&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="2100" height="2750" base="http://static.wix.com" scale="noscale" salign="tl" ></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.wix.com"><b>Free website</b></a> - <a href="http://www.wix.com/create/website" ><b>Powered By Wix.com</b></a>

Dapper Phantom

Loveszmassacre

Ok yeah, your height is currently greater than your width.
To change the height of the profile, open the Wix editor then click Settings at the top then appearance.
Uncheck the aspect ratio box then change the height to be no greater than the width.
(so like make it 2100x2100 or something so we can get it to size properly)
When you're done, get the embed again and paste it here.

Dapper Swapper

So the wix profile editor says I can either choose to upload personal music or upload via URl, but it doesnt give me the choice to upload from URL.

Dapper Phantom

Tetrahydrocannabinolism
So the wix profile editor says I can either choose to upload personal music or upload via URl, but it doesnt give me the choice to upload from URL.

Hmm, I'm not really sure, but it's possible they removed the button without changing the tooltip?
If you have the direct link to the mp3 though you can download it.
One way would be to open the link in your browser, then right click and "save as".
Another would be to make a link to it then right click it in your browser and click "save (link/target) as...".
The save dialogue should have mp3 in the type, make sure it's not like html in the type or something.
Once it's on your computer, you can just upload it back to Wix.
Ex:
http://users.skynet.be/fa046054/home/P22/track39.mp3
(this mp3 is just a digital test sound)

Dedicated Soldier

7,075 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
You, are a life saver. I thought the world was going to end cause I made a new site for a profile and everything was different, I couldn't even view the site after I saved it (other than in preview), no embed code...I was flipping man, I was flipping man. Wix sure pulled a fast one on me! I didn't realize I wasn't editing in flash. Man, now I have to start all over, but thanks to your thread, I know how to get to the flash templates.

Whew, real life saver!

Blessed Regular

Horntastic

I published my profile but forgot to get the code, How do i get it now i am unable to re-publish

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff