Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic

thank you so much for the help but im still having issues. You make it seem so simple and im ripping out my hir. I think im technologically impaired. You make all teh sense in teh world its just some of the info tha ti cant comprehend like what part you mean with the teh code. I dont know what oen to yous. the one that you get or teh one that you have to change. Gahhh i think im just going nuts right know. -bangs head on table- stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream -throws comp out window-

We'll get it figured out (:

Ok, it looks like you ended up with my test profile.
This is probably because you put something that was not embed code into the converter, and it gave you an example of embed code to help show you what you were looking for.
First off, have you made a Flash profile? If you are still trying to use the profile you linked in the other thread, it will not work.
You need to make a profile based on the templates available on the page I linked you to.

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic

thank you so much for the help but im still having issues. You make it seem so simple and im ripping out my hir. I think im technologically impaired. You make all teh sense in teh world its just some of the info tha ti cant comprehend like what part you mean with the teh code. I dont know what oen to yous. the one that you get or teh one that you have to change. Gahhh i think im just going nuts right know. -bangs head on table- stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream -throws comp out window-

This is probably because you put something that was not embed code into the converter, and it gave you an example of embed code to help show you what you were looking for.
First off, have you made a Flash profile? If you are still trying to use the profile you linked in the other thread, it will not work.
You need to make a profile based on the templates available on the page I linked you to.

ya i made a new profile with teh other url so i got that under control and all and i followed your directions i think i might have scrwed up half way through. Im dumber then dumb when it comes to this. After a while i feel as if i have dyslexia. cus most of the words look like others and are flyign off the page and look so weird. and question what is a flash profile. (sorry for being so dumb)

Dapper Phantom

satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic

ya i made a new profile with teh other url so i got that under control and all and i followed your directions i think i might have scrwed up half way through. Im dumber then dumb when it comes to this. After a while i feel as if i have dyslexia. cus most of the words look like others and are flyign off the page and look so weird. and question what is a flash profile. (sorry for being so dumb)

A Flash profile is a profile that uses the Adobe Flash technology like the games here on Gaia, rather than normal HTML and CSS like, for instance, my profile. But it's not too important other than to note that you can put Flash from other websites on your profile, but cannot use HTML from other websites.

Where did you get stuck?
It looks like you got pretty close at least one time or you wouldn't have my test profile on your page (:
If you managed to get your embed but are having trouble converting it, I can convert it for you.
If you still haven't managed to get your embed, link me to your site so I can double check you made the right kind.

You're not dumb we'll get this figured out. (if you're really dyslexic that's tough man)

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic

A Flash profile is a profile that uses the Adobe Flash technology like the games here on Gaia, rather than normal HTML and CSS like, for instance, my profile. But it's not too important other than to note that you can put Flash from other websites on your profile, but cannot use HTML from other websites.

Where did you get stuck?
It looks like you got pretty close at least one time or you wouldn't have my test profile on your page (:
If you managed to get your embed but are having trouble converting it, I can convert it for you.
If you still haven't managed to get your embed, link me to your site so I can double check you made the right kind.

You're not dumb we'll get this figured out. (if you're really dyslexic that's tough man)

im not dyslexic but after looking at teh comp for about 5 hours study for history and algebra 2 you actually start to see things like numbers and letter fly of the page but here sthe url to hte profe. i got partly through it but it kinda confuses me after awhile
http://jaimee2008.wix.com/gaiaprofile

Dapper Phantom

satans homicidal maniac
im not dyslexic but after looking at teh comp for about 5 hours study for history and algebra 2 you actually start to see things like numbers and letter fly of the page but here sthe url to hte profe. i got partly through it but it kinda confuses me after awhile

So you've got the right sort of profile, that's good.

Now you just need to:
1. Go to the My Account page
2. Open the profile in edit mode
3. Click the green publish button at the top
4. Click the green publish button on the popup
5. A new popup that says "Congratulations!" on it should come up - on it is a button that says </> Embed
6. Click that button and copy the code in the "Your code" box, paste it here

Then if you can:
7. Go to http://horntastic.angelfire.com/
8. Paste in the code you copied in step 6
9. Replace the code in the media box with the blue profile with the media code it gives you
10. Save and view the profile - make sure your page is in the little box now
11. Delete all the panels except for the media box with your Wix
12. Get the CSS from step 8 and put it in the box you get when you are in edit mode and click Theme then the CSS tab

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac

Now you just need to:
5. A new popup that says "Congratulations!" on it should come up - on it is a button that says </> Embed

Then if you can:
9. Replace the code in the media box with the blue profile with the media code it gives you
12. Get the CSS from step 8 and put it in the box you get when you are in edit mode and click Theme then the CSS tab

OMG I LOVE YOU RIGHT KNOW. I FINALLY GOT IT. EEEEKKKKKKKK. IM SO HAPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME. EKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Dapper Phantom

satans homicidal maniac
Horntastic
satans homicidal maniac

Now you just need to:

Then if you can:

OMG I LOVE YOU RIGHT KNOW. I FINALLY GOT IT. EEEEKKKKKKKK. IM SO HAPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME. EKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Yay! I'm glad you got it~

Wheezing Humorist

7,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

Hi, my wix profile keeps coming up as a big white box. I've refreshed and recoded a few times, nothing seems to be working. Any help is appreciated.

Off topic - I love your avatar.

Dapper Phantom

Laenien
Horntastic

Hi, my wix profile keeps coming up as a big white box. I've refreshed and recoded a few times, nothing seems to be working. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, I think you have the error where instead of the profile you made it gives you the code for your template.
If the editor is currently open, save and close it, then open it back up from your my account page, maybe make a small change, then save/publish and get the code again.
This is a strange glitch and I'm not sure why it happens but it is usually only with new profiles.

And thanks~ <3

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Finally! Thanks sooooo much biggrin !
My profile is zoomed in like a close up .-. but it's okay biggrin .
It looks better than what i was working with before.
This was easy and took less time than i expected! ♥
~praises~

Dapper Phantom

Loveszmassacre
~praises~

If it really looks funny I can try to help you figure out why, but if you're ok with it then that's cool too n_n

I'm so glad you liked the guide~

Wheezing Humorist

7,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Horntastic
Laenien
Horntastic

Ok, I think you have the error where instead of the profile you made it gives you the code for your template.
If the editor is currently open, save and close it, then open it back up from your my account page, maybe make a small change, then save/publish and get the code again.
This is a strange glitch and I'm not sure why it happens but it is usually only with new profiles.

And thanks~ <3

Thank you so much! I would have never figured this out on my own.
I just cannot thank you enough. biggrin

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Horntastic
Loveszmassacre
~praises~

If it really looks funny I can try to help you figure out why, but if you're ok with it then that's cool too n_n

Ok razz . Well, tried fixing it because i read over what you said about height and width because
I also have a white edge on the far right of my profile. I checked the sizing and both width and height are the same amount (2100px, probably a little too big e_e). Do they have to EXACTLY be in the form Width>Height?

Dedicated Friend

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Divorced 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Horntastic

I followed your guide in every step but when it gets to adding the code into the media box I get the following error:

Database Error
Could not delete medias

<object width="1000" height="650" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10.0.0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/> <param name="[removed]" value="always"/><param name="base" value="http://static.wix.com"/><param name="movie" value="http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="FlashVars" value="pageId=DSiUV5LLXMa01NaktANyKg--a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=91234a38-c246-478e-876a-5aa68eeb4536&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a" /><param name="scale" value="noScale" /><param name="salign" value="tl" /><embed src="http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf" quality="high" allowNetworking="all" [removed]="always" allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="pageId=DSiUV5LLXMa01NaktANyKg--a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=91234a38-c246-478e-876a-5aa68eeb4536&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1000" height="650" base="http://static.wix.com" scale="noscale" salign="tl" ></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.wix.com"><b>Free website</b></a> - <a href="http://www.wix.com/create/website" ><b>Powered By Wix.com</b></a>

That is my embedded code from wix (I did make it on a flash profile).
Any idea why it is doing this?

Dapper Phantom

Loveszmassacre
Horntastic
Loveszmassacre
~praises~

Ok razz . Well, tried fixing it because i read over what you said about height and width because
I also have a white edge on the far right of my profile. I checked the sizing and both width and height are the same amount (2100px, probably a little too big e_e). Do they have to EXACTLY be in the form Width>Height?

Width should be greater than or equal to height.
2100px is really quite large, we may be able to modify the CSS or something to make it look better?
I'll need to be able to view your profile though, which is currently on private.
Feel free to add me temporarily if you want to keep it hidden from everyone else.

Nethaca
Horntastic

I followed your guide in every step but when it gets to adding the code into the media box I get the following error:

Database Error
Could not delete medias

That is my embedded code from wix (I did make it on a flash profile).
Any idea why it is doing this?

Ok, you have one of the media/custom panel profile glitches. This has more to do with Gaia than it does Wix.
To fix this, try:
1. Open up the profile editor, click the theme button then the CSS tab.
Save the code that is currently in there somewhere safe, then delete it and replace it with this:
#id_media_, #id_custom_ { display: none; }
This should remove the glitchy media and custom panels on your profile, and return it to the 3-column view.
3. Delete all your panels except for one, like the details section or something. Save and make sure they go away.
You should have only one panel visible on the profile when this is done.
4. Add a new media panel, and put the media code in it.
Save the profile and view it, making sure that the Wix is properly in the media panel (if a bit small)
5. Delete the non-media panel and save again. Open the theme > CSS tab again.
Delete the code you added in step 1 and replace it with your Wix CSS. Save and view, make sure it worked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff