Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

Bringing this to the top~
The old guide has gone a bit out of date and a lot of the same questions are being asked over and over.
This should help address many of them, including the HTML vs Flash issue and the converter link being broken.
I hope this guide helps some of you (:

Beloved Cutie-Pie

I need some help. I am making my friend a profile and the size of it is a bit off. There is a large white bar of blank space going up the side of it. If you would help that would be wonderful.
Link to profile here

Dapper Phantom

Dead Eyed DoII
I need some help. I am making my friend a profile and the size of it is a bit off. There is a large white bar of blank space going up the side of it. If you would help that would be wonderful.
Link to profile here

This is happening because your profile is taller than it is wide, which doesn't size the same way as wider-than-tall profiles ):
If you can re-organize the Art (or add scroll) then make the profile's height the same as its width, the white should go away when you re-convert.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Horntastic
Dead Eyed DoII
Link to profile here

This is happening because your profile is taller than it is wide, which doesn't size the same way as wider-than-tall profiles ):
If you can re-organize the Art (or add scroll) then make the profile's height the same as its width, the white should go away when you re-convert.

How would I go about change the width and height of it? Like in the code, and if so where would that be?

I fixed it. Thank you so much. This new thread is very helpful!

Dapper Phantom

Dead Eyed DoII
Horntastic
Dead Eyed DoII
Link to profile here

How would I go about change the white and height of it? Like in the code, and if so where would that be?

You have to do it within the Wix editor.
Open up the profile in the editor, then click the Settings button on the top bar (the one with Publish).
Change to the Appearance tab - on that page it should tell you the page dimensions.
You will have to uncheck the aspect ratio box to be able to change the height without affecting the width.
Changing this will change your embed a bit, so make sure to re-convert to get new CSS.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Horntastic
Dead Eyed DoII
Horntastic
Dead Eyed DoII
Link to profile here

How would I go about change the white and height of it? Like in the code, and if so where would that be?

You have to do it within the Wix editor.
Open up the profile in the editor, then click the Settings button on the top bar (the one with Publish).
Change to the Appearance tab - on that page it should tell you the page dimensions.
You will have to uncheck the aspect ratio box to be able to change the height without affecting the width.
Changing this will change your embed a bit, so make sure to re-convert to get new CSS.

I fixed it. Thank you so much. This new thread is very helpful!

Beloved Poster

6,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Market Browser 100
Thanks, it helped a lot.

Witty Businessman

8,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
This Was Very Helpful I was up 2 nights in a row trying to figure it out on my own xD
Thank you very much though I'm new to this site, you made it so easy to do.

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100
okay so like everytime i save and view the profile it like its not really working ? Like i did that converting thing and then i put it in my media box and stuff but its showing the one i didn't finish ?? I really need help
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

Hello, I recently edited my wix profile, wanting a change, but once I republished it, and went to check it on here, it still shows my old one. I've refreshed multiple times, and I've recoded it. Is there anything I'm missing, or doing wrong to just edit it? I really would like to avoid creating a whole new one.

Dapper Phantom

Jewelmreno
okay so like everytime i save and view the profile it like its not really working ? Like i did that converting thing and then i put it in my media box and stuff but its showing the one i didn't finish ?? I really need help

I don't currently see a media box on your profile, but there is something funny in the background setting of the editor.
First, change your default theme to like clouds or the kiki one or something to clear up the background setting problem.
Then add a new media panel and paste your media code in there, and if it breaks again leave it up so I can try to find out what went wrong.
If the wrong Wix is displaying, also provide a link to the preview page on Wix and the embed code you converted.
(you can get to the preview page by going to the my account section of Wix then clicking the View button by the Edit button)

Mundane Divinity
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

Hello, I recently edited my wix profile, wanting a change, but once I republished it, and went to check it on here, it still shows my old one. I've refreshed multiple times, and I've recoded it. Is there anything I'm missing, or doing wrong to just edit it? I really would like to avoid creating a whole new one.

I currently see a sort of brown and gray page, is this the incorrect one?
Can you provide a link the the preview page of the profile you want to show, and your embed code?
(you can get to the preview page by going to the my account section of Wix then clicking the View button by the Edit button)
Also please note if the preview page is currently showing the updated version of your profile.

I hope that these issues aren't indicative of a larger problem, but will be looking into it as a possibility.

Dapper Phantom

Updated the second post with new screenshots on how to get to the Flash-based templates to address the recent change.

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Horntastic

thank you so much for the help but im still having issues. You make it seem so simple and im ripping out my hir. I think im technologically impaired. You make all teh sense in teh world its just some of the info tha ti cant comprehend like what part you mean with the teh code. I dont know what oen to yous. the one that you get or teh one that you have to change. Gahhh i think im just going nuts right know. -bangs head on table- stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream -throws comp out window-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff