Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

Ohai,

I have my video in autoplay and all of that and I have the code to hide the media, HOWEVER. I can not seem to find where to place said hide code for the multimedia section. I dont want the video showing up at all just to autoplay when someone visits. If someone could take a look or help me out I would be very thankful and would be willing to pay

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
You put the code into your CSS Theme Override (found under Profile Preferences)
Can't help much more than that since your profile is private.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Dangerous Hunter

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
You put the code into your CSS Theme Override (found under Profile Preferences)
Can't help much more than that since your profile is private.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I know it goes in the theme override, but I dont know where in the coding it goes. I can send the coding if you like. People said in the multimedia section but mine has multimedia h2 and when I placed the code it did nothing to hide the video

Thank you though

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Sai Kunoichi
I know it goes in the theme override, but I dont know where in the coding it goes. I can send the coding if you like. People said in the multimedia section but mine has multimedia h2 and when I placed the code it did nothing to hide the video

Thank you though
There isn't really an order to coding -- you can paste it anywhere as long as it isn't interrupting another code you already have.
Easiest thing to do would be to put it at the top or bottom.

If it isn't working though, could you post the part you are trying to use, or just make your profile public?
(we can see your code if you make it public)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Witty Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sai Kunoichi

Thank you though

If you do not have a multimedia section then write it in.

#multimedia {
[CODE HERE]
}

If I recall correctly, 'multimedia h2' is the actual video box while the "multimedia"l is the bar with the pause play and whatnot.
Since you're in classic I'm just taking a shot in the dark that it's '#multimedia' and not something else, pretty sure it's right though.

I am very wrong.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Trolten
Sai Kunoichi

Thank you though

If you do not have a multimedia section then write it in.

#multimedia {
[CODE HERE]
}

If I recall correctly, 'multimedia h2' is the actual video box while the "multimedia"l is the bar with the pause play and whatnot.
Since you're in classic I'm just taking a shot in the dark that it's '#multimedia' and not something else, pretty sure it's right though.
Wrong.

#multimedia is the section selector
#multimedia h2 is the section header selector
#multimedia object and #multimedia embed is the selector for the actual video.

The actual html structure

div#multimedia
-- h2
-- object
---- embed

And as lady saxo said. If you dont know where to put that in your code part. Just put it by the start or the end of your code.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff