Welcome to Gaia! ::

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
For most people who still does not realize whats added up in latest profile update
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1055/#1055

Gaia has added new default CSS:
===============================
#gaia_header {display:block !important; position:relative !important; top:0px !important; left:0px !important; width:100% !important; height:25px !important; margin:0 !important; padding:0 !important; z-index:9999 !important; font-size:11px !important;}
#header_left {display:block !important; position:relative !important; top:0px !important; float:left !important; width:49% !important; height:25px !important; line-height:24px !important; margin:0 !important; padding:0 !important; z-index:9999 !important; font-size:11px !important; text-align:left !important;}
#header_right {display:block !important; position:relative !important; top:0px !important; right:0px !important; width:49% !important; height:25px !important; line-height:24px !important; margin:0 !important; padding:0 !important; z-index:9999 !important; font-size:11px !important; text-align:right !important;}
#header_left img {display:inline !important;}
#header_left ul {display:inline !important;}
#header_right ul {display:inline !important;}
#header_left li {display:inline !important;}
#header_right li {display:inline !important;}
#header_left a {display:inline !important;}
#header_right a {display:inline !important;}
===============================
These new CSS is located as header styles AFTER user customization styles. You can found it on the source page of your profile page. Because of the overwrite-ordering basic in CSS, these rules will overwrites any same properties on the same target element.

There is of course workaround for that and you still can overwrite these new rules or even completely disables them if your know-how enuf.

Now then, I have bolded selectors and css parts that usually most users do customize. If you have those customized, maybe you should check again your profile to make sure things does not messed up.

O.G. Gaian

Ah, hadn't occurred to me...

Hm. Nope, I'm good. *checks source* Yup, code's in there... oh.

A thought. Cos when that all was announced, mostly it just caused confusion as to what the rules were so I PMed a mod for clarification, and to ask whether I had to remove the header code I was using. And no, in a nutshell mine's a good example of how the header can be modified.

So, it occurs to me that if the addition of this extra CSS has broken anyone's header style, they might want to double-check whether it's within the rules, maybe adjust the style slightly to make sure it is. *shrug*

Skilled Genius

Fredy-san
There is of course workaround for that and you still can overwrite these new rules or even completely disables them if your know-how enuf.

Keep in mind that can make your profile reportable, since it's being enforced for a reason.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Knight Yoshi
Fredy-san

Keep in mind that can make your profile reportable, since it's being enforced for a reason.
Haha true wnuf.That is why I said know-how, because when you know how to do that, I assume you also know what are the risks.

-I-Netrix-I-'s Waifu

10,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Married 100
I feel stupid asking this, but if I don't ask I'll never know the answer will I? sweatdrop

Are we still allowed to modify the appearance of the header bar?
You know, changing the background color of it and the color/size/font style of the links, or is that against ToS? rolleyes

O.G. Gaian

Saeryin
I feel stupid asking this, but if I don't ask I'll never know the answer will I? sweatdrop

Are we still allowed to modify the appearance of the header bar?
You know, changing the background color of it and the color/size/font style of the links, or is that against ToS? rolleyes

Yeah, to an extent. Go ahead and have a glance at mine; I got the official moderator ok on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff