Welcome to Gaia! ::

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
pirate Okay, for experts, there are many ways to do this thing. Ranging from easy and just simple prank stuff to get rid to truly hazardous trap for anyone who blindly copied their profile code.

I am sharing one of this trick for you all here since profile stealing becomes popular lately, not only on my profile works but also other profile shops. So lets start by an example of one code I recently often use on my own profile:

.media_panel h2, form:not[action*='fredy'] .panel {
display:none;
}

At first, this code will trash out all the panels IF the username does not contains 'fredy' in the word. Alone this code seems easy to get rid of. Not to mention you can just search for the keyword " :not "

But multiple profile locks, slipped between hundreds of code lines will surely takes the heck out of anyone to edit. Not to mention what if I set it like this

/*.panel*/ #header_right li:nth-of-type(1) a[href*='fredy'] {
position:static !Important;
}

#gaia_header ~ form:not([action*='red']) * {
}

/*----INSERT HUNDREDS OF CODE LINES----*/

#id_comments .style1, #header_right li:nth-of-type(1) a {
position:absolute;
top:400px;
margin-top:50px;
}

.media_panel h2, form:not([action*='y-s']) #control_panel {
}

/*----INSERT ANOTHER HUNDREDS OF CODE LINES----*/

#Header_right li:nth-of-type(1) a[href*='4831'] {
margin-top:0px;
}

form:not([action*='san']) {
position:fixed;
top:0px;
left:0px;
width:100%;
height:30px;
background:red;
z-index:1000000;
overflow:hidden;
}

#header_right li:nth-of-type(1) a[href*='2419'] {
margin-top:0px;
}

This code example will juke out the Gaia header to the point it is reportable for them and tearing down the control panel so the only way you can edit your profile is thru profile preferences or using really expert stuff. It also will removes all your hard worked panels, inserted avis, texts and the likes btw so after you managed to recover, you have to reinsert all of them.

Of course it is not going to happen if used on my own profile due to the "keys" selector used.

There are even more advanced method like using a plug in you made for yourself to create an element on editor and when this element does not exist in the editor page, the code will goes rampage and so on.

===End words===
Remember, no matter how good the traps you set, most of the peeps who good at coding will easily goes thru them. But simple one will upset even most of the average.

Well there goes another knowledge. Have fun in coding and make sure you don't hit your own trap.

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
|||| I have to protect your code @ all cost.

Fashionable Gaian

Theme stealing is always been popular, its hard to catch people that jack others themes or coding. Only way is someone knows your work and inform that someone jacked your theme/coding, or stupid people post in PD asking for rates or help which has happened many times in the past.

However it's a nice trick for people that protect their coding. Graphics there is a trick for that using Photoshop, and I have seen one PDer do this to a thief. That person woke up to a nice welcoming profile lol

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
B3autiful Hangover
Theme stealing is always been popular, its hard to catch people that jack others themes or coding. Only way is someone knows your work and inform that someone jacked your theme/coding, or stupid people post in PD asking for rates or help which has happened many times in the past.

However it's a nice trick for people that protect their coding. Graphics there is a trick for that using Photoshop, and I have seen one PDer do this to a thief. That person woke up to a nice welcoming profile lol
Do you mean the one made by Yoshi?

Fashionable Gaian

Fredy-san
B3autiful Hangover

Do you mean the one made by Yoshi?

No, this was like way, way back like 6 years ago.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE PROFILE?

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
ugIy en fat

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE PROFILE?

Depends on what you set.

I already described what the traps can do. From just pranks to deleting the whole existing profile contents, removes editor control panel, and Gaia header. Which ultimately leading to the profile being bannable due to Gaia header removal.
Fredy-san

you're evil lool

idk, open codes are great bec you're totes sharin' knowledge
              to those basic betches who wanna learn sooo~
              but if they like stole the whole code and claim it as their
              own that's when they need a serious a** kickin'

like on my profile freebs, i let em copy all my codes
              for them to also learn & stuff as long as they'll credit me ;D

Fashionable Gaian

I forgot to point this out. Report Profile link is broken since day one. People will have to report the old fashion way.
This is incredibly easy to circumvent. I would not even bother doing this.

What I would do is to add all of the code into one line and mix it up pretty well. Seeing as v2 profiles are very custom set, well. If you put in the time and effort to space everything out, determine the order of the custom sections AND set the correct custom section ID's I would say that said coder truly deserved to take it.
I would think that doing this takes much more effort than simply just writing your own code.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Hi nwn
This is incredibly easy to circumvent. I would not even bother doing this.

What I would do is to add all of the code into one line and mix it up pretty well. Seeing as v2 profiles are very custom set, well. If you put in the time and effort to space everything out, determine the order of the custom sections AND set the correct custom section ID's I would say that said coder truly deserved to take it.
I would think that doing this takes much more effort than simply just writing your own code.

I already wrote there it is just a simple example and I just need to copy the lines over and over with a bit alternation .

As for one liner. I could just use notepad++ and use replace function look for " } " and " ; " then replace with " } n " and " ; n "

ps: n means create new line break.

There are many methods to do this kind of stuff. But as I wrote on end note:
" Remember, no matter how good the traps you set, most of the peeps who good at coding will easily goes thru them. "

So you are probably good at coding, that is why you could say it is very easy to.

Beloved Darling

Fredy-san

Hello; I was trying out some of these codes on my profile, but only some of them work, maybe because I'm doing it wrong. I tried them out with your own username and numbers in them, updated and saved my profile, but they don't affect anything.

The ones that work for me are the third one (looks like it takes out everything but the header), the code that removes the control panel, and the next to last one (which cuts out everything except part of the top of the screen).

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Confelicity
Fredy-san

Hello; I was trying out some of these codes on my profile, but only some of them work, maybe because I'm doing it wrong. I tried them out with your own username and numbers in them, updated and saved my profile, but they don't affect anything.

The ones that work for me are the third one (looks like it takes out everything but the header), the code that removes the control panel, and the next to last one (which cuts out everything except part of the top of the screen).
My code is like poison and antidote. I usually slips the poison between codes part that I want to protect (at least).

Beloved Darling

Fredy-san

Haha... oh. So only some of them mess up the coding for others, and the rest are sort of like decoys?

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Confelicity
Fredy-san

Haha... oh. So only some of them mess up the coding for others, and the rest are sort of like decoys?
I will leave that up to you. To be honest I, myself is rare to use such code. The code part I protect usually is utilizing glitch(es) , the profile I made is really exclusive , experimental codes or the likes. Its not like I wanted to kick those peeps who tried to copy. It is more like a warning "dont try to copy unless you really know what this CODE do to your profile"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff