Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok, so i'm tryin to figure out how to link the add me, pm's, and trade buttons to my wix profile i made. if anyone can just help me find a video or something that shows the actual steps would be nice, cause i've tried many that aren't specific to what i'm tryin to find.

Dapper Phantom

PANDASTlC
ok, so i'm tryin to figure out how to link the add me, pm's, and trade buttons to my wix profile i made. if anyone can just help me find a video or something that shows the actual steps would be nice, cause i've tried many that aren't specific to what i'm tryin to find.

Where exactly are you getting stuck?
Resources for Flash Wix can be hard to turn up these days, as their preferred type is HTML now and not that many people use the Flash ones with Gaia anymore. If you describe your problem in more detail - what you tried, where you got stuck - I may be able to work with you to get it sorted.
(I can't make a video though. Have you tried searching Youtube?)

The basic steps are:
1. Use the Add menu on Wix. Hover over Navigation and then click Buttons, choose one you like.
(you may also be able to use text... many objects on Wix can be linked but buttons are easier)
2. Edit the button's text by double clicking on it.
3. When you select the button by single clicking it, a menu appears in the lower right of your screen.
On this menu, click the Link option.
4. Enter the link to what you want. You can get links for various contact methods from that other thread I linked you to: [x]
5. Make sure your link is set to open in a new window, not same window. Same-window does not work on Gaia.
(new window should be the default option)

Again, if you get stuck, tell me where in that list you had trouble so I can be more detailed.
(If you really really need it I guess I can make some screenshots like the main guide, but it will take longer...)
Horntastic
PANDASTlC

Where exactly are you getting stuck?
Resources for Flash Wix can be hard to turn up these days, as their preferred type is HTML now and not that many people use the Flash ones with Gaia anymore. If you describe your problem in more detail - what you tried, where you got stuck - I may be able to work with you to get it sorted.
(I can't make a video though. Have you tried searching Youtube?)

The basic steps are:
1. Use the Add menu on Wix. Hover over Navigation and then click Buttons, choose one you like.
(you may also be able to use text... many objects on Wix can be linked but buttons are easier)
2. Edit the button's text by double clicking on it.
3. When you select the button by single clicking it, a menu appears in the lower right of your screen.
On this menu, click the Link option.
4. Enter the link to what you want. You can get links for various contact methods from that other thread I linked you to: [x]
5. Make sure your link is set to open in a new window, not same window. Same-window does not work on Gaia.
(new window should be the default option)

Again, if you get stuck, tell me where in that list you had trouble so I can be more detailed.
(If you really really need it I guess I can make some screenshots like the main guide, but it will take longer...)

yes i have tried looking up youtube, but it seems like there aren't any good examples as to what i was asking for
what i'm asking for is how to link the "add me, pm me, trade me, and etc with the wix profile i made. and yea now that you mention it, mine seems to be html, but i'm not sure, i mean i did finish it and all, just need to connect the links and then code it is all i need left to do. I've tried going thru the forums but all they have is how to get the bcc for the profile. i just wish i can show you what i mean rather then saying it cause kinda hard at explaining things :/
Had trouble with that too

Dapper Phantom

PANDASTlC
yes i have tried looking up youtube, but it seems like there aren't any good examples as to what i was asking for
what i'm asking for is how to link the "add me, pm me, trade me, and etc with the wix profile i made. and yea now that you mention it, mine seems to be html, but i'm not sure, i mean i did finish it and all, just need to connect the links and then code it is all i need left to do. I've tried going thru the forums but all they have is how to get the bcc for the profile. i just wish i can show you what i mean rather then saying it cause kinda hard at explaining things :/

Sorry this took like forever.

If you made an HTML, not a Flash profile, none of the following will work, and you will not be able to convert your profile for use on your Gaia profile. Make sure you have a Flash one. If you do not have a Flash profile, you will have to start over using a Flash template. (that link is also in the guide in the Getting Started post)

Once you have a Flash profile, the method to add a button link goes like this:
User Image

User Image

User Image
Horntastic
PANDASTlC

Sorry this took like forever.

If you made an HTML, not a Flash profile, none of the following will work, and you will not be able to convert your profile for use on your Gaia profile. Make sure you have a Flash one. If you do not have a Flash profile, you will have to start over using a Flash template. (that link is also in the guide in the Getting Started post)

Once you have a Flash profile, the method to add a button link goes like this:
User Image

User Image

User Image

Wow that helps actually thx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items