Welcome to Gaia! ::

blvshy's Fangirl

Trash

What is the code for the tabs? You click on a button and it changes into a different content. Also, what is the code for the hidden scroll bar? I tired it a couple times, but it doesn't work.

Also note, I am not interested in Wix profiles.

One of the tabs example is this profile. [x]

For the hidden scroll bar, this is the example [x]

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
As far as I can tell, the profile you linked as an example doesn't have a hidden scrollbar??? Unless you were thinking of something else? The trick behind hidden scrollbars is that you put the scrollbar on a child element, using padding to move the scrollbar away from the element and hide overflowing content on the parent element. You just need to know the right selectors to use. Be aware that using hidden scroll means that people without scroll wheels (some laptop users and people on tablets/mobiles) will find it difficult to access the content. It's not the end of the world (I use hidden scroll on my own profile), but it's worth knowing.

This guide details the selectors you can use and a bit about how to set it up. If you get stuck on a specific element on your profile, you can always ask for more help. There's no child element for wishlists on current/v2 profiles, so you can't use hidden scroll on them.

The trick with changing content on a button press is related to the use of spoilers and using them plus margins to move content around when you open/close the spoiler. It's fairly complex stuff, and easy to break your profile if you don't know what you're doing, but if you're a little familiar with CSS and want to have a crack at it, I'd suggest having a chat to Fredy-San (honestly, I understand the basic principle behind it, but I've never tested this out myself, so I don't know the specifics). He's around here often, and you can always post in his PD Extended FAQ thread. It's definitely not something where you can just copy and paste a few lines of code and have it work, but if you're prepared to learn, there's no reason why you can't give it a go.

blvshy's Fangirl

Trash

Zzyli

Thank you emotion_kirakira
I'm ready to learn different coding and try to go a bit higher. I know the basics coding and I'll check out the links also.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Hmmm the concept of horntastic is push-content and manipulate the push range using spoiler buttons. That's why when you open his profile, all stuffs get pushed out on start.

As for the hidden scrollbar, both profiles you used as examples dont use it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff