This poll closed on December 18, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30 31 32 > >>

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Thanks so much! The transition works! biggrin Is there anyway I can change the prefix for ALL browsers or will I have to do that individually? Individually as in typing out my whole code for each and every browser.

However the content problem under my contact section still persists. My code looks like this, is there anything I did wrong when copying your code? Sorry about this. sweatdrop

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a:before {content: ' + '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a:before {content: ' … '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {content: ' ↔ '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mishyigo
Thanks so much! The transition works! biggrin Is there anyway I can change the prefix for ALL browsers or will I have to do that individually? Individually as in typing out my whole code for each and every browser.

However the content problem under my contact section still persists. My code looks like this, is there anything I did wrong when copying your code? Sorry about this. sweatdrop

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a:before {content: ' + '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a:before {content: ' … '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {content: ' ↔ '; visibility: visible; font-size: 15px;}

You can copy the code, and past it 3-4x's, then change the prefix, but that'll have to be done by hand. But least you won't have to type it all out. If you didn't see, the browser prefixes are on the first page. Although, IE9 currently doesn't support the transition affect. So you'll only need it for Firefox, Opera, Chrome/Safari.

If you notice in your coding with the "a" you have a colon after it for all of them, remove the colon and you'll be set.

User Image

Anything else, just ask. emotion_dealwithit

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Thanks so much! You're awesome! emotion_kirakira heart

Just one last question, do heights change per browser? I'm speaking in terms of how you set the height in certain codes since on some browsers my text is cut off. It's not a big deal, I'm just kinda fussy. sweatdrop

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mishyigo
Thanks so much! You're awesome! emotion_kirakira heart

Just one last question, do heights change per browser? I'm speaking in terms of how you set the height in certain codes since on some browsers my text is cut off. It's not a big deal, I'm just kinda fussy. sweatdrop

Screenshots please.

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Hm, okay, my issues are below. I'm really sorry about this, I feel like I'm pestering, thanks again for your help.

- When I add these codes together (below), the moz transition code changes how my profile looks on Safari — the height changes. Instead of it being perfect, the images on my wishlist are cropped a little. Instead of the codes being exclusive for certain Firefox versus Safari/Chrome, the moz code is affecting how my hover looks in Safari/Chrome — again, images on my wishlist and writing in my comments being cropped a bit. This isn't a big deal but if there's a way to have the codes be exclusive and not affect each other, I wouldn't mind knowing.

#id_about {height: 35px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}
#id_about:hover {height: 100px;}
#id_comments {height: 160px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}
#id_comments:hover {height: 250px;}
#id_wishlist {height: 42px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}
#id_wishlist:hover {height: 72px;}

#id_about {height: 30px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}
#id_about:hover {height: 107px;}
#id_comments {height: 165px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}
#id_comments:hover {height: 253px;}
#id_wishlist {height: 42px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}

- Your transition code worked, thanks! Although, even though it worked, my links aren't clickable on Safari/Chrome, only Firefox. Code I used is below.

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a:before {content: ' + '; visibility: visible;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a:before {content: ' … '; visibility: visible;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {content: ' ↔ '; visibility: visible;}

- Clicking on wishlist items makes most of my page grey and then leaves an 'equipped item' pop-up on the lower end of the screen. This is only removable when refreshing.

Okay and that's it. Since you have Firefox you can few what I'm talking about there, although if you still want screenshots, I will provide.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mishyigo
Hm, okay, my issues are below. I'm really sorry about this, I feel like I'm pestering, thanks again for your help.

- When I add these codes together (below), the moz transition code changes how my profile looks on Safari — the height changes. Instead of it being perfect, the images on my wishlist are cropped a little. Instead of the codes being exclusive for certain Firefox versus Safari/Chrome, the moz code is affecting how my hover looks in Safari/Chrome — again, images on my wishlist and writing in my comments being cropped a bit. This isn't a big deal but if there's a way to have the codes be exclusive and not affect each other, I wouldn't mind knowing.

#id_about {height: 35px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}
#id_about:hover {height: 100px;}
#id_comments {height: 160px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}
#id_comments:hover {height: 250px;}
#id_wishlist {height: 42px; -webkit-transition: height 2s;}

#id_about {height: 30px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}
#id_about:hover {height: 107px;}
#id_comments {height: 165px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}
#id_comments:hover {height: 253px;}
#id_wishlist {height: 42px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}

- Your transition code worked, thanks! Although, even though it worked, my links aren't clickable on Safari/Chrome, only Firefox. Code I used is below.

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(1) a:before {content: ' + '; visibility: visible;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(2) a:before {content: ' … '; visibility: visible;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a{visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {content: ' ↔ '; visibility: visible;}

- Clicking on wishlist items makes most of my page grey and then leaves an 'equipped item' pop-up on the lower end of the screen. This is only removable when refreshing.

Okay and that's it. Since you have Firefox you can few what I'm talking about there, although if you still want screenshots, I will provide.

Firstly, browser prefixes are browser specific, if a browser doesn't recognize it, it skips that entire property. Secondly, no need to have two sets of declaration blocks for -webkit- and -moz- they can be within the same declaration block. Next, I'm not getting any image cropping/cut offs. Screenshots please. Also, remember Safari is a semi-major browser just gets tagged along with Chrome, only a small percentage of internet users actually use it (relatively to FF and Chrome), so it doesn't have to be "exact" for them. Just close enough.

Also, I see what you mean about the links not being applied (lame) emotion_drool However, there's a work-around for this. Set a height and width on the list item; height: 15px width: 20px; approximately, you may have to adjust those, and then set an overflow.

But the only issue I'm having that your stating out of all that is the links not being applied. So I'm thinking the images being cropped has to do with your screen resolution. neutral

Checked in: User Image User Image User Image

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Thanks so much! I'll try the height thing for the links, if not I'll just forget about it. The thing I wanted most was the transition for hovering so thank you again. Also, since you said that when clicking on the wishlist you don't see the page grey out, maybe it's just me. Anyway thank yooooooouuuuu! 4laugh emotion_kirakira

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mishyigo
Thanks so much! I'll try the height thing for the links, if not I'll just forget about it. The thing I wanted most was the transition for hovering so thank you again. Also, since you said that when clicking on the wishlist you don't see the page grey out, maybe it's just me. Anyway thank yooooooouuuuu! 4laugh emotion_kirakira

Oh, forgot about the "gray out". That's actually a Gaia setting. However, the equip panel showing up, I do not know. Have you tried saving your CSS in a file and removing it from your profile and testing it to see if it brings it up?

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Knight Yoshi
Mishyigo

Oh, forgot about the "gray out". That's actually a Gaia setting. However, the equip panel showing up, I do not know. Have you tried saving your CSS in a file and removing it from your profile and testing it to see if it brings it up?

I have. It only seems to appear after I add coding. It's not only my profile, I see it on others. Although some people with extensive CSS don't have it so it just made me wonder if there was a code to erase the "glitch".
Now that I've got my friends profile mostly done, I was wondering if you knew how to get rid of this annoying grey line that appears at the right end of the extended profile header?

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/Halbireo/AnnoyingGreyLine.jpg

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lorlanegg
Now that I've got my friends profile mostly done, I was wondering if you knew how to get rid of this annoying grey line that appears at the right end of the extended profile header?

Simple
#header {border: 0;}
User Image
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg

Simple
#header {border: 0;}
User Image

-Facepalm- Thanks! Loving the solved sign xD

Wealthy Genius

11,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
Knight Yoshi

Forgive me for asking, but, who are you?

I'm confused as to why you linked me here!

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Impulsive Button Pusher
Knight Yoshi

Forgive me for asking, but, who are you?

I'm confused as to why you linked me here!

Did you not read the first comment I left? Correcting your statement about Current profiles not having as many features about Classic? From there I posted a link to here about how you can style a profile with CSS and in the Current template having more features, plus CSS, equals a far better profile than just a Classic profile with CSS.

Wealthy Genius

11,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
Knight Yoshi

I didn't see that. sweatdrop Gaia apparently only alerted me on one of your profile comments!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff