Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Knight Yoshi
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi
I almost have a feeling you'd like the conversation to be taken here instead. lol so I'm totally crashing in on your thread for the rest of my questions.

Go right ahead, this thread is here to assist... and fix the mistakes other poorly put together threads make... Those other threads that are crap are a disgrace to web developers everywhere User Image
Surprisingly it was one of the very well made threads.
I most likely read the directions wrong, so it was probably me.

I did what you said, and the white lines decided to change position instead. lol To be as non-dirty talking as possible, I do believe the lines like to be on the bottom.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi
I almost have a feeling you'd like the conversation to be taken here instead. lol so I'm totally crashing in on your thread for the rest of my questions.

Go right ahead, this thread is here to assist... and fix the mistakes other poorly put together threads make... Those other threads that are crap are a disgrace to web developers everywhere User Image
Surprisingly it was one of the very well made threads.
I most likely read the directions wrong, so it was probably me.
I did what you said, and the white lines decided to change position instead. lol To be as non-dirty talking as possible, I do believe the lines like to be on the bottom.

Which thread? I know there's only a couple other good ones out there, and most that are good are out of date. neutral
However, the problem you posted now... sounds like you're using Chrome?

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Knight Yoshi

Which thread? I know there's only a couple other good ones out there, and most that are good are out of date. neutral
That I am. :3
I take it there's no fix for it in chrome? D:

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi

I'm not sure. neutral I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox. :/ I don't know why Chrome preserves a 1px font size sad You can always just set the font color to the same color as the background, make sure you specify a link color just in case as well.

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Knight Yoshi
S u n n i e pea
Knight Yoshi

I'm not sure. neutral I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox. :/ I don't know why Chrome preserves a 1px font size sad You can always just set the font color to the same color as the background, make sure you specify a link color just in case as well.
Ok I can try that. :3

My urge to code is now dead after that though.
I'm watching Gabriel Iglesias on youtube. owo
Insta-brain fry.
I'm trying to make a profile for my friend, and I want the background to stretch to fit different screen sizes. So far I have this:

body {
background: url(http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/Halbireo/FairyProfileBackground-1.jpg);
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: 100%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

I've used something similar to this on another profile I made and it seemed to work. Not sure why it isn't now.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lorlanegg
I'm trying to make a profile for my friend, and I want the background to stretch to fit different screen sizes. So far I have this:
body {
background: url(http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/Halbireo/FairyProfileBackground-1.jpg);
}
I've used something similar to this on another profile I made and it seemed to work. Not sure why it isn't now.

Okay, well you have to specify the X & Y axis on the background size. If you don't, it will only stretch on the, I do believe, X axis. Also, excluding the background-size, you can combine those background properties into the single background property as seen in the background post on the first page.
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg
body {
}

Okay, well you have to specify the X & Y axis on the background size. If you don't, it will only stretch on the, I do believe, X axis. Also, excluding the background-size, you can combine those background properties into the single background property as seen in the background post on the first page.

I tried setting the x and y axis for the background size, but then the background displayed oddly.. Also thanks for telling me about shrinking the code down, and your guide is just great. I used your other ones before and found them really useful.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lorlanegg
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg
body {
}

I tried setting the x and y axis for the background size, but then the background displayed oddly.. Also thanks for telling me about shrinking the code down, and your guide is just great. I used your other ones before and found them really useful.

Took a look at what you have this is wrong
background-size: x:1300px y:975px;
You don't specify X: and Y: just know the first one is the X-axis and the second is the Y-axis. and instead of using pixels, it's best to use percentage. If you want it to fit the whole screen use 100% As 1300x975 is larger than most peoples screens, even mine by a spec.
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg
Knight Yoshi

Took a look at what you have this is wrong
background-size: x:1300px y:975px;
You don't specify X: and Y: just know the first one is the X-axis and the second is the Y-axis. and instead of using pixels, it's best to use percentage. If you want it to fit the whole screen use 100% As 1300x975 is larger than most peoples screens, even mine by a spec.

I tried doing that, but I don't quite get what you mean. Sorry for my stupidity >.<. You first said to specify the x and y, which I did. But that wasn't right. So do I use x: 100% y: 100% or something completely different?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lorlanegg

I tried doing that, but I don't quite get what you mean. Sorry for my stupidity >.<. You first said to specify the x and y, which I did. But that wasn't right. So do I use x: 100% y: 100% or something completely different?

You're not stupid, just my bad explanation skills. sweatdrop You specify the x&y-axis by setting more than one value.
Okay, here's what you want/need; background-size: 100% 100%;

In your initial post you had; background-size: 100%;
Only having one value only targets the x-axis, or width, of the image. You don't set any other characters like "x:" or "y:", the values for the axis' are as stated above specified by two values, one for each.
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg

You're not stupid, just my bad explanation skills. sweatdrop You specify the x&y-axis by setting more than one value.

Only having one value only targets the x-axis, or width, of the image. You don't set any other characters like "x:" or "y:", the values for the axis' are as stated above specified by two values, one for each.

Ah, I see what you meant now :3. I should've caught on sooner. Thank you so much for the help. And I really do think more people should be using your guide, it's concise, well explained and covers lots of info. Kudos to you!

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lorlanegg
Knight Yoshi
Lorlanegg

Ah, I see what you meant now :3. I should've caught on sooner. Thank you so much for the help. And I really do think more people should be using your guide, it's concise, well explained and covers lots of info. Kudos to you!

Yep. I'll be making a selectors guide eventually, a guide containing all the editable elements in both Classic and Current profiles (Current has far more, including but not limited to the edit mode elements).

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Hi, you helped me before. I just have two more questions for you if you don't mind:

- You gave me a code to hover over sections of my profile but how do I get them to hover in a gliding fashion seamlessly? I figured your transition codes would help but after tinkering so much, I have no clue what to apply them properly to get them to work.

- You gave me a code (below) to change the text for my contact area. I understand that the pseudo-element changes the position of the content. How do I JUST get ONLY the content to show without having the default 'Trade Items' to show up?

#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {content: ' ↔ ';}

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mishyigo

-How do I get them to hover in a gliding fashion seamlessly? I have no clue what to apply them properly to get them to work.
In the element, w/out the hover pseudo, put
{property value; -prefix-transition: <property> <duration> <timing> <delay>;}
    -Where the blue property is, is the one you want to change, with the values for that property set.
    -Then in the transition property, you specify the property you want to change, along with the transition time (duration), timing, and delay.
      --You don't need timing function or delay, just the property you want to change and the time it takes to change.

-Then when you hover the element, just set the new height you want, and it will smoothly transition.

So lets say your about section
#id_about {height: 200px; -moz-transition: height 2s;}
#id_about:hover {height: 300px;}

I use Firefox, so I use the -moz- prefix, however, you should set it to all the supporting browsers, so everyone gets the same feel. Not just you, remember, your profile is really for other people, not yourself. So if you only make it look good to you, it might not look good to the next person if it's not browser compatible.

-How do I JUST get ONLY the content to show without having the default 'Trade Items' to show up?
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a: {visibility: hidden;}
#id_contact ul li:nth-of-type(3) a:before {
content: ' ↔ ';
visibility: visible;
}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items