Welcome to Gaia! ::

Star-Crossed Fairy

I haven't done this before so sorry for stepping on any feet in advance

I found a free profile template and when I went to edit it to make the content boxes scrollable, the coding isn't what I expected; it's split into column #1, #2 and #3 with no differing aspects to differentiate between, say, comments, wishlist, friend list etc etc as shown here;

#column_1 {background: transparent; width:160px; margin-left:150px; margin-top: 410px;}

#column_2 {background: transparent; width:350px; margin-left:30px; margin-top: 410px;}

#column_3{display: none;}

is there a way to keep the profile layout, but change the coding so I can customise it more as right now it's rather long and I would prefer a more compressed, box style layout

I'd pay for one but having not been active for 2+ years my gold amount has gone from what was rather a lot to now being...well, pretty poor apparently, and I don't really want to wait emotion_sweatdrop

Tipsy Loiterer

Et Folium

I found a free profile template and when I went to edit it to make the content boxes scrollable, the coding isn't what I expected; it's split into column #1, #2 and #3 with no differing aspects to differentiate between, say, comments, wishlist, friend list etc etc as shown here;

#column_1 {background: transparent; width:160px; margin-left:150px; margin-top: 410px;}

#column_2 {background: transparent; width:350px; margin-left:30px; margin-top: 410px;}

is there a way to keep the profile layout, but change the coding so I can customise it more as right now it's rather long and I would prefer a more compressed, box style layout

I'd pay for one but having not been active for 2+ years my gold amount has gone from what was rather a lot to now being...well, pretty poor apparently, and I don't really want to wait emotion_sweatdrop

Hm. I don't think you place the scrollbar codes with columns as the selectors. You need to be specific like: #id_about {SCROLLBAR CODING;}

Here's a good guide for the list of selectors.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Gemini Syndrome
Et Folium

Hm. I don't think you place the scrollbar codes with columns as the selectors. You need to be specific like: #id_about {SCROLLBAR CODING;}

You can, just need to set the height.

Tipsy Loiterer

Fredy-san
Gemini Syndrome
Et Folium

You can, just need to set the height.

ohhh.

Star-Crossed Fairy

Okay but literally none of that helped me

Fashionable Fatcat

Et Folium

I'm not sure what specifically you want (especially since I can't see your profile), but if you want the individual panels to have scrollbars, you'll need to add code using the following syntax:
selector{
height: ###px;
overflow:auto;
}
What you then need to know is the selectors. Gemini Syndrome directed you to the right place to learn the selectors for V2 profiles, but some examples might be:
comments is #id_comments
wishlist is #id_wishlist
and so on. they're all pretty much exactly what you'd expect except for the following two:
the panel that has your avi and date joined and stuff is #id_details
the recent visitors panel is #id_footprints

Take the selector for the thing that you want to modify and put it into that code where it says "selector". Then decide how tall you want it to be, and put that value in where it says ###px, for example maybe 200px, and you should be done. Repeat those steps for all of the panels that you want to resize.

I hope that made sense.

Star-Crossed Fairy

kittymmeow
Et Folium

I'm not sure what specifically you want (especially since I can't see your profile), but if you want the individual panels to have scrollbars, you'll need to add code using the following syntax:
selector{
}
What you then need to know is the selectors. Gemini Syndrome directed you to the right place to learn the selectors for V2 profiles, but some examples might be:
comments is #id_comments
wishlist is #id_wishlist
and so on. they're all pretty much exactly what you'd expect except for the following two:

Take the selector for the thing that you want to modify and put it into that code where it says "selector". Then decide how tall you want it to be, and put that value in where it says ###px, for example maybe 200px, and you should be done. Repeat those steps for all of the panels that you want to resize.

I hope that made sense.

Sorry, I closed it to just friends cause I dislike how it looks rn >.> changed it back to public

And the coding isn't set up into different sections, nor does adding the different sections do anything - I already tried just adding in the code I needed and it either ruined the entire layout/glitched out and deleted some sections, or didn't change a thing

I'm thinking of just doing my own design cause this is just...ugh

Fashionable Fatcat

Et Folium
kittymmeow
Et Folium

selector{
}
comments is #id_comments
wishlist is #id_wishlist

I hope that made sense.

Sorry, I closed it to just friends cause I dislike how it looks rn >.> changed it back to public

And the coding isn't set up into different sections, nor does adding the different sections do anything - I already tried just adding in the code I needed and it either ruined the entire layout/glitched out and deleted some sections, or didn't change a thing

I'm thinking of just doing my own design cause this is just...ugh

What exactly do you want? If you want the individual panels to be smaller than they are, with a scrollbar, if you follow my instructions you should get that.
The way the code is written right now does not affect each panel individually, it only separates them by column. V2 profiles are structured into three columns (#column_1, #column_2, and #column_3), which is the only thing that the maker of this profile has decided to edit, not the panels individually. If you try to add a height and overflow to the preexisting code, it will likely mess things up. You have to add new rules yourself (a rule being selector{...}) because there is nothing yet affecting each individual panel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff