Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Shade

I like to think that I have quite a bit of experience in css coding (v2 profiles) and tend to do all my profiles, however there are those times where even the best get stuck somewhere and have to turn to outside help; and I'm obviously nowhere near the best.

So, I spent almost all of yesterday night working on a code on my mule. It was all going great and had it exactly the way I wanted and I saved it. It was all well up to this point.

Finally, I added a new custom panel and made the changes to it to get it the way I wanted it and clicked update, In edit mode it appeared the way I wanted, however when I clicked save, it all screwed up. It was nothing like the way I had it. I went back and erased the last made changes to get it back to the previous state, clicked update, it was alright but when I clicked save again it screwed up again. Even in the state that worked previously.

I went from using chrome to mozilla for the coding, but it still doesn't work.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
By "screwed up" do you mean that the theme possibly seems to have reset to its default state?
The Profile editor often gets glitchy and injects whatever you have inside of your custom panel into the "User-specified Theme Background" field
In order to fix that, go to Theme > URL > Type none (or just hit the space bar) > Add > Save

If that doesn't work, could you link the problematic profile?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

OG Shade

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
By "screwed up" do you mean that the theme possibly seems to have reset to its default state?
The Profile editor often gets glitchy and injects whatever you have inside of your custom panel into the "User-specified Theme Background" field
In order to fix that, go to Theme > URL > Type none (or just hit the space bar) > Add > Save

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Yes, I've done that before and it seemed to work, but I couldn't recall which changes made to the code/theme got it to work correctly, since I added quite a few changes at once and then clicked save. Well, it's back to the way I had anticipated and let's hope it stays this way, Will I have to add 'none' into the URL bar each time this problem appears?

O.G. Gaian

old junkie
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Yes, I've done that before and it seemed to work, but I couldn't recall which changes made to the code/theme got it to work correctly, since I added quite a few changes at once and then clicked save. Well, it's back to the way I had anticipated and let's hope it stays this way, Will I have to add 'none' into the URL bar each time this problem appears?

Probably.

You can also update your CSS overrides on your profile options page, though, which I'd assume would prevent this problem happening again (personally, I find it more convenient than the profile live editor anyway, actually *shrug*).

OG Shade

faolan
old junkie
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Probably.

You can also update your CSS overrides on your profile options page, though, which I'd assume would prevent this problem happening again (personally, I find it more convenient than the profile live editor anyway, actually *shrug*).

Yeah, I find it much more convenient as well, but having to switch back and forth and refreshing each time I make a new change seems like a bit of a hassle. I use the live editor for tweaking and stuff and the profile options theme override for the bulk changes.
It seems I am having the same issue...except I have typed none into the URL line (as well as trying the space)

Every time I hit update, the profile looks the way I want it to..but when I go to hit save, the backgound disappears.

Any ideas?

Heh...nevermind. Go figure, as soon as I made this post, I would figure it out. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff