Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a current-style profile and I'm looking for help with a bit of coding.
I want my about me section to stretch from the top of the page to the bottom but I'm not sure how to accomplish this or if it's even possible. Here's a poor illustration if I'm not explaining myself very well: [x] I want the white bar going down the middle to be my about me section.
I feel like I should be able to accomplish this by simply changing the length and width of the section but I have no idea how to do that. Help? Haha.

Dapper Phantom

I would say something like this:

#id_about {
position: fixed;
background: white;
top: 0;
left: 50%;
height: 100%;
width: 400px;
margin-left: -200px;
}

This should make the about always at least as long as the page. If the content is too long, the entire page should scroll.
The margin-left should be negative and should be half of the width.
This will center the about as the normal centering won't work with fixed positioning.
You should put the "Miles Still to Roam" etc text inside the about or it won't center properly without additional code.
Thanks so much!
Your profile is lovely, by the way!
I'm a whovian myself. wink

Dapper Phantom

miles still to roam
Thanks so much!
Your profile is lovely, by the way!
I'm a whovian myself. wink

Thanks!
PS:
I messed something up and your hidden scrollbar actually isn't that hidden on large monitors.
Use this code instead of all the #id_about stuff you have right now:

#id_about {
position: fixed;
background: transparent;
top: 0;
left: 50%;
width: 400px;
margin-left: -200px;
padding: 0;}
#id_about ol {
width: 100%;
overflow-y: auto;
padding-right: 50px;}

Then add a couple empty lines to the bottom of the about and like a . on the last line to make sure your text clears the media bar.
And if you want the "miles still to roam" to not scroll just put it outside of the list tags~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff