Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Unheard
La Petit Chouchou

Yes, your profile is pretty plain but everything goes well together. Maybe you should edit the header too - pink background and white links. I'll give it a 7/10. I usually don't like plain profile, I don't even rate them. But yours is an exception. I like even the font colors you chose for your about me. 3nodding

Okay, so I get what you were doing with your profile, however, I noticed somethings.
The comments element, first of all, why are you using the animation property? The @keyframs and animation property are only currently supported in Chrome & Firefox with the -moz- and -webkit- prefixes. Why not use the 'transition' property (which is really what you want), although not standard, it's supported in nearly all major browsers with their associated prefix (IE10 will support it as well when released). On top of that, you're only using it in the comments hover declaration block, which means when you take the mouse off, it'll snap back. If you used the transition property in the starting declaration block it'll transition to and fro.

As for the overall affect of the profile, it's decent. I don't like what you did with the text though, it's just a little annoying. :< Other than that, it's a solid 7 of 10.

Already rated, skip me for now, rate Unheard

Ariellati's Bestie

Knight Yoshi

Transition only makes something go from point A to point B. But with animation I could go from A to B to C to D. I'm not sure if that's possible with transition, if it is then I guess I need to read more. XD And yes, I am also bothered by how the comment snaps back to its original when you move your mouse away. I was thinking of working on that. And as for the text effect, others do find it troublesome to read, while others enjoyed it. I, myself, enjoy it. So I'll keep it that way. But thank you for the feedback. emotion_yatta

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Unheard
Knight Yoshi

Transition only makes something go from point A to point B. But with animation I could go from A to B to C to D. I'm not sure if that's possible with transition, if it is then I guess I need to read more. XD And yes, I am also bothered by how the comment snaps back to its original when you move your mouse away. I was thinking of working on that. And as for the text effect, others do find it troublesome to read, while others enjoyed it. I, myself, enjoy it. So I'll keep it that way. But thank you for the feedback. emotion_yatta

Go from point A to D? No, but what you can do is set a delay to each property. Have the width slide out first, then the height slide next

something like (basic example, no prefixes).
selector {
height: 50px;
transition: height 1s linear 1s, width 1s linear .5s;
width: 100px;
}

selector:hover {
height: 300px;
width: 400px;
}
What this does is transition each one over the course of one second, however, they both have delays on them. The width will transition after .5s of hovering while the height won't transition for till 1s has passed. Of course you change change the delay time, or make the width not have a delay time and just set a delay to the height to wait till the width is done or almost done. However, the 'animation' property cannot transition back, like the actual 'transition' property. It can go have an alternating direction, however, it will not wait till you stop hovering it. It'll immediately alternate back the moment it reaches the 100% mark.
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaian

@knightyoshi 5/10
your profile has this "from 1996" look
its just like
no
acesuv
@knightyoshi 5/10
its just like
no

10/10! Yours looks so professional! ;D
& Your caute. c;

Beloved Noob

@lrresistible; well... I like your background.. but nothing on your profile really coordinates with it. Your header doesn't really compliment it. The borders look REALLY bad, and your header within your panels throws it off too. I hope I do not come off as a jerk. 3/10.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
acesuv
@knightyoshi 5/10
its just like
no

Aw, it's okay Miimic, I know you don't like me. I don't really care. lol
It's funny though somebody said your profile "looks" professional. Except it's really not. Yours is 5 of 10 as well. lol

Blessed Bibliophile

8,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            0 / 10

Gaian

Knight Yoshi
acesuv
@knightyoshi 5/10
its just like
no

Aw, it's okay Miimic, I know you don't like me. I don't really care. lol
It's funny though somebody said your profile "looks" professional. Except it's really not. Yours is 5 of 10 as well. lol
bro dont get butthurt sad

(if it makes you feel better ill admit you have the right idea going, you just didnt do it right)

IiI kim's Senpai

Profitable Saint

Crystal Sparda

I love the colours
They are similar to cotton candy 'u'
The art on your profile is wonderful as well!
Ahh, I'm sorry, but it's a bit cluttered with words galore
Calculates... ...
You get a B!

@rater
Be nice 'x'
Yeahhh sorry for no background, but I am stuck for ideas, do you know any good backgrounds??
Same for my media, any NONVIOLENT and NONPAINFUL suggestions?

Gaian

@icerivers: heres some things you need to change

get rid of the moving column code
turn off autoplay and get a youtube player instead of w/e youre using
you might want to just not even include media
4/10 good colors though

for a background id recommend maybe a cloud background?
or even a solid color is white
maybe #eeeeee
Woah, 10/10 eek

Gaian

ely IV
Woah, 10/10 eek
ikr

also 6/10

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff