Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Noob

Maplestory themed 4laugh
[x]<--my profile.

Okay so I have a lot of questions because I am pretty new to this kind of stuff.

1) Does anyone know how I could make a link to other things such as "Add" , "Message" , and "Trade"?
2) How do I resize and change the color of links? I can resize regular font but not links
3) How do I make it so everything on the page stays in place no matter what the size of the screen is?
4) How do I make my youtube player a little box with the play button on it?

If anyone doesn't understand my questions then just ask! heart
Tell me what you think c:

Skilled Genius

s k y y l i n e
Maplestory themed 4laugh
[x]<--my profile.

Okay so I have a lot of questions because I am pretty new to this kind of stuff.

1) Does anyone know how I could make a link to other things such as "Add" , "Message" , and "Trade"?
2) How do I resize and change the color of links? I can resize regular font but not links
3) How do I make it so everything on the page stays in place no matter what the size of the screen is?

1. Use the drop menu on a profile or in the forums, copy the users add link and replace the UID (user ID). For instance if you copy mine, you will see add/(num) you would replace my UID with your UID which you can get from your profile URL in the address bar.
  2. a {font-size: 15px; color: red;}
    adjust accordingly.
  3. #columns, #texts_decoration, #pictures_ decoration {
    border: 1px solid red;
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -512px;
    position: absolute;
    width: 1024px;
    }
    I have included a border so you can see the width of the area. As long as you stay within the left and right border it will be in the same position on every screen, but after that you'll want to remove it unless you want an ugly red border.
  4. .media_panel {padding: 0; margin: 0;}
    .media_panel h2 {display: none;}
    .media_panel object, .media_panel embed {height: 25px; width: 30px;}

IRL Noob

Knight Yoshi
s k y y l i n e
Maplestory themed 4laugh
[x]<--my profile.

1. Use the drop menu on a profile or in the forums, copy the users add link and replace the UID (user ID). For instance if you copy mine, you will see add/(num) you would replace my UID with your UID which you can get from your profile URL in the address bar.
    adjust accordingly.
    }
    I have included a border so you can see the width of the area. As long as you stay within the left and right border it will be in the same position on every screen, but after that you'll want to remove it unless you want an ugly red border.

AHH YOU ARE AMAZING!! Thank you so much! emotion_kirakira
Although, I think im having some issues with # 3, Even though it is within the red border, it still moves on a different screen size. I added in the height, but how do I make it start from the top?
If you don't understand what I am saying then I left the red border up so you can see what's going on

IRL Noob

Knight Yoshi
s k y y l i n e
Maplestory themed 4laugh
[x]<--my profile.

adjust accordingly.
    }

Actually, I think I might have worded # 3 wrong. I pretty much want the pictures to be glued to the background, so everything is properly placed when someone has either larger or smaller computer screen. sorry about that D:

IRL Noob

Knight Yoshi
s k y y l i n e
Maplestory themed 4laugh
[x]<--my profile.

adjust accordingly.
    }

I did my links all in this kind of format so where would I put the: a {font-size: 15px; color: red;}?

[ align=center][ url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/friends/add/33188255?_gaia_t_=724]a d d .[/url ][/align ]

(without the spaces)

btw I am placing this it the "text" category on my profile, not theme, ect.

and when I tried making "trade" a link it did not work :c

sorry I'm such a noob

Cute Kitten

User Image
I think it'd be cute if you used like bannedstory to make maplestory persona's instead of blurry resized avatars.
You could also make your own background with NPC's and mobs too.

I know you're using that red border with support from the person above but it's really distracting and an eyesore.
When you have everything situated with that border, be sure to hide it using border: none;
User Image

Fashionable Fatcat

s k y y l i n e
Actually, I think I might have worded # 3 wrong. I pretty much want the pictures to be glued to the background, so everything is properly placed when someone has either larger or smaller computer screen. sorry about that D:
s k y y l i n e
I did my links all in this kind of format so where would I put the: a {font-size: 15px; color: red;}?

[ align=center][ url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/friends/add/33188255?_gaia_t_=724]a d d .[/url ][/align ]

(without the spaces)

btw I am placing this it the "text" category on my profile, not theme, ect.

and when I tried making "trade" a link it did not work :c

sorry I'm such a noob

For the problem with the pictures (#3 on the original post), it's not working because apparently Gaia killed Knight Yoshi's code... For the selectors, change "#columns, #texts_decoration, #pictures_ decoration" to "#columns, #texts_container, #pictures_container"

For the links, put that CSS he gave you into the theme override box (same place as the rest of the CSS)

Trade links don't work because they have an ampersand ( & ) in them, and those don't work in the links you can put in with BBCode. You'll have to put the link through a URL shortener (bit.ly, tinyurl, etc) and use that instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff