Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have not been on gaia for awhile and I can seen some big changes. I'm having trouble doing my Profile Layout. Since it's been awhile I don't know how to add a Profile layout. I found 1 I like on gaiaholic but I' not sure how to add it to my profile. Can some please give a little help so I can put the proper code or CSS. I hope I can get some help. Thanks.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Well, Gaia has two versions of profile page. Classic (V1) and Current (V2)
For the start, you should check first the code you got for which profile version.

Then make sure you have used the correct profile version here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/profileprefs/

On the left column first drop-option. Change first, save, and the insert the code into theme override box on the right column in the same page.
Fredy-san
Well, Gaia has two versions of profile page. Classic (V1) and Current (V2)
For the start, you should check first the code you got for which profile version.

Then make sure you have used the correct profile version here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/profileprefs/

On the left column first drop-option. Change first, save, and the insert the code into theme override box on the right column in the same page.

Is gaiaholic against TOS? I found a really nice one and would like to use it. I will look at V1 and see how it works. If I can do it that's great. Just hope gaiaholics is ok to use.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Cerberyss
Is gaiaholic against TOS? I found a really nice one and would like to use it. I will look at V1 and see how it works. If I can do it that's great. Just hope gaiaholics is ok to use.
Gaiaholic, along with many other free layout websites, is allowed c:
The only things you have to be careful about is making sure that the theme does not include any offensive images (your profile images must follow the same rules as forum pictures -- no nudity or excessive gore) and making sure the navigation header is not altered in an incorrect way (i.e. links are missing or the "Gaiaonline" logo in the top left is completely removed)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Cerberyss
Gaiaholic, along with many other free layout websites, is allowed c:
The only things you have to be careful about is making sure that the theme does not include any offensive images (your profile images must follow the same rules as forum pictures -- no nudity or excessive gore) and making sure the navigation header is not altered in an incorrect way (i.e. links are missing or the "Gaiaonline" logo in the top left is completely removed)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I did not get an answer from a mod. But there is one, and I hope gaiaholic is legal. Where did you find one?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Cerberyss
I did not get an answer from a mod. But there is one, and I hope gaiaholic is legal. Where did you find one?
This forum is very slow and I haven't seen a mod post here in months, so you probably won't get one posting in this thread to answer your question ^^; As long as your theme follows the Rules and Guidelines though, it's fine. I believe most of Gaiaholic's layouts follow those rules, but there might be a few with offensive pictures which were accidentally submitted.

And "where did I find one?" ... one what? o:
If you mean where did I find my profile, I made it myself c:

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Cerberyss
Your PMs are set to Friends Only and your Profile is private, so I'm responding to your PM here rofl
Cerberyss
I know about to offensive, I just don't want to get some profile that says use this on gaia. I appreciate your respose. I'm not good at profile layouts, and it has change a lot since I have been gone. So I need a little help learning. I will and it won't be cheap or I will give with a gift or MC for some help.
Use this on Gaia" ... well, where else would you use it? ouo;;
If you want to make or get a layout for a different website (like Twitter or Myspace or whatever), you'll need to go to there instead.
If you would like to learn how to code your own profile though, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have c:

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Like I said It's been awhile. Can I add you. You seem to know al little more than some and if I ever need a ?instead post you could answer. I'm not new, but have not been on for about 3 years so I'm behind on things. Only have 1 friend I would like to have more. have you seen gaiaholics.com? There is an awesome one there, and if you make profiles you get rewarded.Let me know if that site is legal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff