Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I've searched and searched through the forums but not once have i found a decent or non full profile customization thread and so now i'm here. If anyone out knows how to make custom coding, profiles, or knows someone that does i'd really appreciate if you keep reading this so you can help me out in this.

Ok, so like I aid previously, I'm searching for someone to customize my profile with images and such. I'm not talking about just adding them, I'm saying like using a pic and placing the panel heading inside of it... Like this for example. "About me" text but in the background is a picture of a dragon.

Also, I wish to put in custom panelings and other things to add like a common color theme or picture theme. I know this is a lot to ask but this is my last resort, I'd gladly like if anyone that can do or knows someone that can please reply to this thread, but do NOT pm me. I get enough mail as is.

Thank you for your time.

Fashionable Fatcat

Neoni12
I've searched and searched through the forums but not once have i found a decent or non full profile customization thread and so now i'm here. If anyone out knows how to make custom coding, profiles, or knows someone that does i'd really appreciate if you keep reading this so you can help me out in this.

Ok, so like I aid previously, I'm searching for someone to customize my profile with images and such. I'm not talking about just adding them, I'm saying like using a pic and placing the panel heading inside of it... Like this for example. "About me" text but in the background is a picture of a dragon.

Also, I wish to put in custom panelings and other things to add like a common color theme or picture theme. I know this is a lot to ask but this is my last resort, I'd gladly like if anyone that can do or knows someone that can please reply to this thread, but do NOT pm me. I get enough mail as is.

Thank you for your time.

If you are looking to pay someone for working on your profile, your best options would be the Personalized Graphics (if it requires art/custom images as well) or Services (if you just want the code but already have the pictures) forums.

If you want to learn to make or modify your own profile, there are guides dedicated to teaching that:
1. The V1 profile guide — teaches how to make V1/classic profiles, and does a pretty good job of it. It does well explaining the selectors and does a decent job explaining basic CSS you can use.
2. The V2 profile guide — teaches how to make V2/current profiles, and does a mediocre-at-best job of it, but there isn't really a better option at the moment. It's only useful for learning the selectors, and you should not by any means use it to try to learn actual CSS– its CSS explanations are terrible.
3. The CSS guide — does not cater to either profile version specifically, but is the best/most accurate guide on Gaia for learning the actual CSS that you will use to customize your profile.

For your specific requests:

To add a background to the headings (I used the selector that will apply to all of the headings. If you want to only make it on one certain heading, use the section selectors from the V1 profile guide followed by h2):
.section h2{
background: url('paste your image url here') ;
}

To add custom sections on a V1 profile (which is the profile version that you have), your best option would be to just read the guide about them. I can help clarify some stuff if the guide confuses you, but since I don't know exactly what you want, I can't do the actual code for you so I'll just leave you with the means to learn.

Color theme or picture theme are really up to you. Basically just find some colors or pictures that you like and change your profile to suit them (change text, links, backgrounds, etc). Once again I can't really give you specific help because it's your profile and your opinion what to do with it.

Skilled Genius

Neoni12

Thank you for your time.

Oh and something completely off-topic. You need to remove the image from your signature. The max signature size can only be 100,000 bytes, the image you have is 1,805,578 bytes. Which will get your signature disabled and you will need to pay gold to re-enable it.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
But-But I love toothless! Why do I need to change it? do the bytes hurt the server or something or is it just against the law?

Skilled Genius

Neoni12
But-But I love toothless! Why do I need to change it? do the bytes hurt the server or something or is it just against the law?
You need to change it because Gaia says the max size of the signature on the signature page can only be no more than 100,000 bytes. Larger images impact the loading time of the page. You have a 1MB image, each page is about 1MB total by itself (some can be more or less it varies). If they let everyone just have a 1, 2, or 3MB (or more) image, guess what you're basically downloading a couple of pages all at once. Plus it does put some strain on the servers, because they cache the images. But regardless the reason, they say no more than 100,000 bytes, if you go over your signature is liable to be disabled. Period.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sigh... Wait wait wait wait! Didn't you say you could pay in good for it to stay?

-leans in-

How do you do that mistro?

Skilled Genius

Neoni12
Sigh... Wait wait wait wait! Didn't you say you could pay in good for it to stay?

-leans in-

How do you do that mistro?
No the signature will be disabled and you will have to pay to re-enable it, with the image removed. You cannot purchase a larger signature size.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff