-1 (Nnoooo!! don't leave me!!!) D: 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
1 2 >

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
So I want my current clock gear background but not tiled just one full image. I also want the borders for my content boxes to be a tannish color to match the background and I want the white background of the content boxes to be see through so that the background shows instead as well. Only problem is I don't know how to do that could someone explain or give me an easy do it yourself website link? confused

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Please somebody help me. crying

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Twisted Time Lord
So I want my current clock gear background but not tiled just one full image. I also want the borders for my content boxes to be a tannish color to match the background and I want the white background of the content boxes to be see through so that the background shows instead as well. Only problem is I don't know how to do that could someone explain or give me an easy do it yourself website link? confused

Ok, the code for making the background one large image is:
body{
background:url(*insert url!*) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

For the transparent white part, the first code will get rid of the blue bar, the second, the white boxes:
.panel h2{background: transparent;}

.panel{background: transparent;}

If you have any other questions, just ask... also tell me what you think of my profile.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord

body{
background:url(*insert url!*) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

For the transparent white part, the first code will get rid of the blue bar, the second, the white boxes:

If you have any other questions, just ask... also tell me what you think of my profile.

Your profile is amazing, also the smiley zombie vampire thing at the bottom is adorably ghoulish lol. I love how you made your avatar partially transparent very nice effect. Does the first code just make the blue bars disappear or can I change the color?

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord

body{

Your profile is amazing, also the smiley zombie vampire thing at the bottom is adorably ghoulish lol. I love how you made your avatar partially transparent very nice effect. Does the first code just make the blue bars disappear or can I change the color?

Yes, you can use a hex code, to change the color. Click on the link for a list of hex codes.
User Image
Any other profile questions?

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord

body{

Yes, you can use a hex code, to change the color. Click on the link for a list of hex codes.
User Image
Any other profile questions?

Does the image I want for the background have to be a certain size for it to work with the code? (last question promise)

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
no, if it does not work, try replacing the 100% with the word absolute.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee

Still not working, I must be doing something else wrong, I guess I will just continue to tinker with it till it works right, thank you for the help. cool

Skilled Genius

Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

Still not working, I must be doing something else wrong, I guess I will just continue to tinker with it till it works right, thank you for the help. cool
Too lazy to read all of that, brief me on the problem.

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

one last trick, try this:
#columns {background:url(*insert url!*) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

#columns {background:url(*insert url!*) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

I'm not sure why but my profile seems to be split into 2 seperate sections, the top and the bottom and different images. confused Am I putting the code in the wrong place, it's the theme override section right?

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

I'm sorry I have to go drive my mom somewhere, thanks for trying to help I wish I was better at understanding all this stuff. sweatdrop

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

I'm not sure why but my profile seems to be split into 2 seperate sections, the top and the bottom and different images. confused Am I putting the code in the wrong place, it's the theme override section right?

Try this exact code:
body{background: #000 url(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/rikku18_2007/steampunk-girls-taringa-935684.jpg) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }
#columns{top: 0px;position: absolute;}

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

Try this exact code:
body{background: #000 url(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/rikku18_2007/steampunk-girls-taringa-935684.jpg) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

it seems to have raised some of my boxes up higher on my profile so you can't see them but I'm still getting 2 different backgrounds.

Fashionable Fatcat

Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

Try this exact code:

it seems to have raised some of my boxes up higher on my profile so you can't see them but I'm still getting 2 different backgrounds.

Okay, there's quite a bit wrong there... Try deleting that code and put this instead (and yes, the theme override section is right):
html,body{
background: url('your image url') no-repeat fixed top left;
background-size:cover;
}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items