Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rampaging Fairy

User ImageI've spent forever teaching myself how to code it and was finally happy with it.
When I update the theme on my profile it looks fine/just how I want it, but when I click save it breaks. Please help crying

When I update the CSS/theme:
User Image

When I click save:
User Image

UPDATE: I fixed it xd

Rampaging Fairy

Rampaging Fairy

Rampaging Fairy

Rampaging Fairy

User ImageHELP BECAUSE IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYYYYY DX

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
i WISH i KNEW exactly HOW TO FIX THIS. I'm having trouble with mine too. I wanted to move my cute dogs photos down so my entire wish list from hell could show. I specifically added gold shop items and cheaper things so anyone who was not rich could find something to give me without spending too much but it won't let me move the photos in chrome or IE. Normally if it doesn't work in Chrome I could go into IE and make changes and it would save it fine. Now I go to IE click save and a pop up from the site asks me do I really want to leave this page my changes are unsaved. Not much I could do if it wont save changes. Then I said heck with it let me just delete all the pictures on the left side covring the wish list but it won't do that either. I can reach the left side of the picture to delete it on IE but not chrome and of course its not saving anything in IE,

when you chose profile options did you choose current or classic?

Rampaging Fairy

cutester
i WISH i KNEW exactly HOW TO FIX THIS. I'm having trouble with mine too. I wanted to move my cute dogs photos down so my entire wish list from hell could show. I specifically added gold shop items and cheaper things so anyone who was not rich could find something to give me without spending too much but it won't let me move the photos in chrome or IE. Normally if it doesn't work in Chrome I could go into IE and make changes and it would save it fine. Now I go to IE click save and a pop up from the site asks me do I really want to leave this page my changes are unsaved. Not much I could do if it wont save changes. Then I said heck with it let me just delete all the pictures on the left side covring the wish list but it won't do that either. I can reach the left side of the picture to delete it on IE but not chrome and of course its not saving anything in IE,

when you chose profile options did you choose current or classic?

User ImageI managed to fix my profile by saving it as one of the presets/standard profiles they offer when you click theme. I use the current profile option, it gives more freedom in coding for me 4laugh

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Argh_Bubbles
In the future, just going to Theme > URL > Typing none in to the field there (or just hitting your spacebar) > Update > Save will fix this as well
Gaia's profile editor gets wonky at times and will inject any custom text (inside of text decorations, custom panels, or media) you have into the URL field

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Rampaging Fairy

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Argh_Bubbles
In the future, just going to Theme > URL > Typing none in to the field there (or just hitting your spacebar) > Update > Save will fix this as well
Gaia's profile editor gets wonky at times and will inject any custom text (inside of text decorations, custom panels, or media) you have into the URL field

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

User ImageIt seems so simple now....thank you xd

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
Argh_Bubbles
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Argh_Bubbles

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I'm so glad you were able to figure it out and that it's fixed! Eventually when not so much is going on for me I need to try to get some help with mine. There is probably a long line of people asking for help with theirs already. I don't really want to delete it all and start from scratch (assuming it will allow me to delete the entire thing at all). It took me a long time to put all those NPCs on there and I love seeing them. However it won't let me add any more or move them to where I want them. I wondered if maybe I reached some sort of limit without knowing it.

Oh before I go I wanted to tell you how beautiful your profile is!

Rampaging Fairy

cutester
Argh_Bubbles
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Argh_Bubbles

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

I'm so glad you were able to figure it out and that it's fixed! Eventually when not so much is going on for me I need to try to get some help with mine. There is probably a long line of people asking for help with theirs already. I don't really want to delete it all and start from scratch (assuming it will allow me to delete the entire thing at all). It took me a long time to put all those NPCs on there and I love seeing them. However it won't let me add any more or move them to where I want them. I wondered if maybe I reached some sort of limit without knowing it.

Oh before I go I wanted to tell you how beautiful your profile is!

User ImageThank you! smile Good luck with your profile, I really have no clue how to help >.< I would if I could? xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff