Welcome to Gaia! ::

Boy, I'm happy someone bumped this thread. Helped out a ton. Is there a certain code to make the youtube bar invisible? The bar that shows you the elapsed time, play/pause, etc., without making the whole video invisible?

Devoted Lunatic

Confelicity
That code should work, but it looks like you deleted part of something from your code and not all of it, and the bracket is messing up your code. This part is at the beginning of your code from what I can see:
position: absolute; }

Delete that and I think the rest of your codes will do their jobs.

User Image

Hadn't noticed that yet~ stare
Deleted it but the media panel still refused to hide from me... emotion_donotwant

Eloquent Glitch

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Mytho -TC- Vex
Boy, I'm happy someone bumped this thread. Helped out a ton. Is there a certain code to make the youtube bar invisible? The bar that shows you the elapsed time, play/pause, etc., without making the whole video invisible?
You'll need to use AS3 to hide the progress bar -- this guide only covers AS2
There's a mini guide (under construction) for both of them over here, but just in regards to what you are after:
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/video-id-here?controls=0

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Mytho -TC- Vex
You'll need to use AS3 to hide the progress bar -- this guide only covers AS2
There's a mini guide (under construction) for both of them over here, but just in regards to what you are after:
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/video-id-here?controls=0

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Oh wow, that was a shot in the dark. I didnt think a code for that was implementable, but thanks a bunch! xD

Beloved Darling

Sineaed

Ah ha! Found the error:
.panel{
opacity:0.50;
filter:alpha(opacity=50) ;
.media_panel{position: absolute; left: -9999px;}

.panel doesn't have a closing bracket, so it's swallowing up the media panel stuff and as a result, .media_panel isn't doing anything. I think you can take it from here wink (Btw, you can take out the second opacity line, leaving opacity:0.5, because the other code applies to older browsers, and updated browsers do fine with just the first one.)

Devoted Lunatic

Confelicity
Ah ha! Found the error:
.panel{
opacity:0.50;
filter:alpha(opacity=50) ;
.media_panel{position: absolute; left: -9999px;}

.panel doesn't have a closing bracket, so it's swallowing up the media panel stuff and as a result, .media_panel isn't doing anything. I think you can take it from here wink (Btw, you can take out the second opacity line, leaving opacity:0.5, because the other code applies to older browsers, and updated browsers do fine with just the first one.)

User Image

Yes! It has shied away from my vision!

Thank you so very much ^_^

Beloved Darling

Sineaed

You're welcome! And also, just a useful note is if you ever have some kind of problem that might be attributed to an error like this, you can use this handy website to validate your CSS.

Devoted Lunatic

Confelicity
Sineaed

You're welcome! And also, just a useful note is if you ever have some kind of problem that might be attributed to an error like this, you can use this handy website to validate your CSS.

User Image

Now THAT! is what I call handy! *glues it to bookmarks bar*
Thanks again!

Blessed Bear

gaia_spoons gaia_diamond

Desirable Fatcat

hello, i'd like to ask about how to end the media early.
i've tried adding &end but it doesnt seem to work ;.;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces