Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone

i have a feeling this has to do with all that jazz you were talking about the copyright stuff, and w/e, but no matter what kind of link i put into the media panel, (or what code i put into the css), nothing works. it turns out like this all the time. confused

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone

i have a feeling this has to do with all that jazz you were talking about the copyright stuff, and w/e, but no matter what kind of link i put into the media panel, (or what code i put into the css), nothing works. it turns out like this all the time. confused
A white box usually means what you're using is broken. Are you using Googleapis URLs?
Copyright policies apply to non-American URLs, like jp.youtube or hk.youtube or etc. That will still display the button, but it won't play anything.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone

A white box usually means what you're using is broken. Are you using Googleapis URLs?
Copyright policies apply to non-American URLs, like jp.youtube or hk.youtube or etc. That will still display the button, but it won't play anything.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

yes, i tried googlepis urls too, and still got the white boxes. sad

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Well, the googleapis URLs are the ones which are broken X'D
The workaround was to use non-American URLs, but those got hit with copyright changes in February

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Lady Saxophone

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Well, the googleapis URLs are the ones which are broken X'D
The workaround was to use non-American URLs, but those got hit with copyright changes in February

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

well the music isn't by any huge artists, or have anything to do with big companies, so would the non-american be fine for what i need it for?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
well the music isn't by any huge artists, or have anything to do with big companies, so would the non-american be fine for what i need it for?
It all depends on the actual video
You might be surprised by all of the songs which have gotten hit by the copyright restriction e-e;;

But the basic URL for that is to just substitute "youtube.googleapis.com" with "jp.youtube.com"
Like so: http://jp.youtube.com/v/video-id-here?parameters...
I'd reccomend throwing your final URL into your browser's address bar first before using it on your profile.
If it redirects to a video and plays the video, then you're fine. Otherwise, you'll get a message saying something like:
"This video contains content from [Some Company Name]. It is restricted from playback on certain sites."

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
It all depends on the actual video
You might be surprised by all of the songs which have gotten hit by the copyright restriction e-e;;

But the basic URL for that is to just substitute "youtube.googleapis.com" with "jp.youtube.com"
Like so: http://jp.youtube.com/v/video-id-here?parameters...
I'd reccomend throwing your final URL into your browser's address bar first before using it on your profile.
If it redirects to a video and plays the video, then you're fine. Otherwise, you'll get a message saying something like:
"This video contains content from [Some Company Name]. It is restricted from playback on certain sites."

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

well the video works on the profile but no button. it just makes the video the actual size of what the button would be.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
well the video works on the profile but no button. it just makes the video the actual size of what the button would be.
Is that with using the jp.youtube URL or with the default Youtube player URL...?
In order to make it the play/pause button with jp.youtube, you'll need to add some other parameters -- I just gave you the basic set-up.
It's also possible to make a play/pause button with just the regular www.youtube.com URL from your browser's address field. You just need to use some extra CSS.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben
Is that with using the jp.youtube URL or with the default Youtube player URL...?
In order to make it the play/pause button with jp.youtube, you'll need to add some other parameters -- I just gave you the basic set-up.
It's also possible to make a play/pause button with just the regular www.youtube.com URL from your browser's address field. You just need to use some extra CSS.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

yea, i used what you gave me and it made the tiny video. with the jp

if it's just some css, i think at this point i'd rather use that, if you could give me the stuff for it. gonk

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben

if it's just some css, i think at this point i'd rather use that, if you could give me the stuff for it. gonk
.media_panel h2{display: none;}
.media_panel{height: 27px !important; width: 55px !important; overflow: hidden; padding: 0;}
.media_panel object{height: 400px; width: 400px; position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0;}

That will work with just the regular www.youtube.com URL -- no need to use jp.youtube or googleapis
You can't color customize it, and it's a bit more rectangular, but it works ;o

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Flamatik's Husband

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Kleben

.media_panel h2{display: none;}
.media_panel{height: 27px !important; width: 55px !important; overflow: hidden; padding: 0;}
.media_panel object{height: 400px; width: 400px; position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0;}

That will work with just the regular www.youtube.com URL -- no need to use jp.youtube or googleapis
You can't color customize it, and it's a bit more rectangular, but it works ;o

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

you know what? the works just fine. thank you very much for the help exclaim blaugh

i'm having an issue with the jp.youtube url

when i add the video url as http://jp.youtube.com/v/xxxxxx?version=2, the player looks how i want, but when i use http://jp.youtube.com/v/xxxxxx?version=2&autoplay=1 it strips the video - instead of showing i.e. 0:00 / 4:25 it shows 0:00 / 0:00 and won't play

i've tried changing the order of how i insert it but autoplay will not work with the jp.youtube url for me cry

EDIT
i've also tried the hk.youtube url and that omits the same result

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
to dust I guess
i'm having an issue with the jp.youtube url

when i add the video url as http://jp.youtube.com/v/xxxxxx?version=2, the player looks how i want, but when i use http://jp.youtube.com/v/xxxxxx?version=2&autoplay=1 it strips the video - instead of showing i.e. 0:00 / 4:25 it shows 0:00 / 0:00 and won't play

i've tried changing the order of how i insert it but autoplay will not work with the jp.youtube url for me cry

EDIT
i've also tried the hk.youtube url and that omits the same result
Read the posts above you on this page -- it's due to the copyright change
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items