Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystbite's Kouhai

Divine Trash

13,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Married 100
I have a few avi's on my profile, but I have them kinda translucent. I would prefer it it they were grey scale, then when you hover over them they go into colour.

Any code for this???

Mystbite's Kouhai

Divine Trash

13,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Married 100
Or even better, grey scale and translucent then when you hover over them they go 100% opacity and colour... Any code for that either?

Fashionable Fatcat

Protected Fate
Or even better, grey scale and translucent then when you hover over them they go 100% opacity and colour... Any code for that either?

It is possible, but the crossbrowser compatibility of it is limited. For Gaia, it's so far only compatible with Webkit/Blink browsers (Chrome, Safari, and new versions of Opera) and Internet Explorer versions 6 to 9. If we had access to the HTML we could add support for Firefox and IE10 using SVG filters, but we don't, so this is the code that you are left with:
.avatar_decoration{
opacity:0.5;
-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%) ;
filter:gray;
filter:grayscale(100%) ;
transition:0.5s;
}
.avatar_decoration:hover{
opacity:1;
-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%) ;
filter:none;
filter:grayscale(0%) ;
}
This is not very well supported so the code is a bit of a mess, but it's necessary if you want to get as much cross browser support as possible.
I've added a transition as well but if you don't want it, just remove transition:0.5s;

Mystbite's Kouhai

Divine Trash

13,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Married 100
kittymmeow
Protected Fate

It is possible, but the crossbrowser compatibility of it is limited. For Gaia, it's so far only compatible with Webkit/Blink browsers (Chrome, Safari, and new versions of Opera) and Internet Explorer versions 6 to 9. If we had access to the HTML we could add support for Firefox and IE10 using SVG filters, but we don't, so this is the code that you are left with:
.avatar_decoration{
opacity:0.5;
-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%) ;
filter:gray;
filter:grayscale(100%) ;
transition:0.5s;
}
.avatar_decoration:hover{
opacity:1;
-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%) ;
filter:none;
filter:grayscale(0%) ;
}
This is not very well supported so the code is a bit of a mess, but it's necessary if you want to get as much cross browser support as possible.
I've added a transition as well but if you don't want it, just remove transition:0.5s;

Thank you so much ^.^ It works fine~~

Blessed Prophet

Endangered Fate
I have a few avi's on my profile, but I have them kinda translucent. I would prefer it it they were grey scale, then when you hover over them they go into colour.

Any code for this???

what is the name of that remix?? i know it's ya soshla s uma

Mystbite's Kouhai

Divine Trash

13,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Married 100
Exculsor
Endangered Fate

Any code for this???

what is the name of that remix?? i know it's ya soshla s uma

?? What? The song?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out