• Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
x-norte-4
Kutaru kun
great salt lake
Kutaru kun
Catippie
Like to fade in (so you can see the background) then fade out back to transparent/solid colour?

Not even gold and silver can

.panel {opacity: 0.5; -moz-opacity: 0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -khtml-opacity: 0.5;}
then you make them "light up":
.panel:hover{opacity: 1; -moz-opacity: 1; filter:alpha(opacity=100); -khtml-opacity: 1;}

those codes dont work

.panel {opacity: 0.5; -moz-opacity: 0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -khtml-opacity: 0.5;}
.panel:hover{opacity: 1; -moz-opacity: 1; filter:alpha(opacity=100); -khtml-opacity: 1;}

......................................................................................................................................
three not workin for me eitehr, are you sure you got the codes right?
at least for me what i am trying to get at is boxes that are whited out until you put your mouse over them and these jsut white out your whole profile
with both codes , and with both codes tried seperate, can you please verify that your coding is correct?

freddy san has different codes so now i am completely lost as to who has the right codes as x-norte said i think it would be a good idea to have all codes double checked just to be safe

Wealthy Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
Couy
Sorry, how do I get that code to work?

if you can get the correct code and there seems to be alot of debate as to what people want and who has the correct code because everything has a different code to it and even one wrong thing can cause lots of problems
anyway you put it in your theme override box and the link for that is here

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
great salt lake
this topic is for people who want the about box to fade on there v2 profile and somehow this looks like far more code than is needed for that and also wouldn't 1 be normal so opaque shades would be like 0.9, 0.8 , 0.7 .etc or am i wrong in that?

Yes, opacity value ranges from 1.0 (solid) to 0 (full transparent)

Also, have you give the code a try?

Okay let me tell you guys something to clear up this:

YOU JUST NEED ONE OPACITY PROPERTY, that's it, you may ask why? Because Opacity has been an old standardized CSS

This code from first reply
.panel {
opacity: 0.5;
-moz-opacity: 0.5;
filter:alpha(opacity=50)
-khtml-opacity: 0.5;
}

.panel:hover{
opacity: 1;
-moz-opacity: 1;
filter:alpha(opacity=100)
-khtml-opacity: 1;
}

Is SHORTENED by removing old codes (ref:http://caniuse.com/css-opacity , check at least 2 versions back), so it is turned into

.panel {
opacity:0.5;
}

.panel:hover {
opacity:1.0;
}

and to add SMOOTH FADE-IN / FADE-OUT effect instead of INSTANT BLINK, you add transition
.panel {
-moz-transition: all 1s;
-o-transition: all 1s;
-webkit-transition: all 1s;
transition: all 1s;
}

opacity:1;
}

Wealthy Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
Fredy-san
great salt lake
this topic is for people who want the about box to fade on there v2 profile and somehow this looks like far more code than is needed for that and also wouldn't 1 be normal so opaque shades would be like 0.9, 0.8 , 0.7 .etc or am i wrong in that?

YOU JUST NEED ONE OPACITY PROPERTY, that's it, you may ask why? Because Opacity has been an old standardized CSS

.panel {
}

}

Is SHORTENED by removing old codes (ref:http://caniuse.com/css-opacity , check at least 2 versions back), so it is turned into

.panel {
}

}

and to add SMOOTH FADE-IN / FADE-OUT effect instead of INSTANT BLINK, you add transition
.panel {
}

}

none of those work at all
I DON'T WANT the whole profile to be whited out ONLY the about box those codes ONLY white out the whole profile, idk why this seems so hard to understand i know its possible to affect individual boxes as someone else gave me a code and turned my about box blue which i really dont want but it proves this can affect only ONE BOX
please re examine the codes

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
great salt lake
Fredy-san
great salt lake

.panel {
}

}

.panel {
}

}

.panel {
}

}

I DON'T WANT the whole profile to be whited out ONLY the about box those codes ONLY white out the whole profile, idk why this seems so hard to understand i know its possible to affect individual boxes as someone else gave me a code and turned my about box blue which i really dont want but it proves this can affect only ONE BOX
Then just change the selector from .panel to #id_about

example

.panel:hover becomes #id_about:hover

Wealthy Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
Fredy-san
great salt lake
Fredy-san
great salt lake

.panel {
}

}

.panel {
}

}

.panel {
}

}

Then just change the selector from .panel to #id_about

example

.panel:hover becomes #id_about:hover

thank you Freddy-san its working the way i was hoping for now

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items