Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
This is probably a very easy question for those of you who are good at CSS, but I am extremely new to it.

Here is what my profile is so far:

#content{
background: none;
}

body{
background-color: #000000;
background:url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/ShadowTigress/GaiaProfileBackground.jpg')
}

Everytime I try to change the font color for the background, the background picture disppears and changes to black, so I am obviously entering it in wrong. I looked at various tutorials and tried different ways. I tried to put it in as:

"body{
background:url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/ShadowTigress/GaiaProfileBackground.jpg')
color: #FFFFFF
}"

or

"body{
font-color: #FFFFFF
}"

Also, will changing the background font color change the color of the font at the very bottom, where it says " * Terms of Service
* | Rules & Guidelines
* | FAQs
* | Grow Gaia
* | About Us
* | Contact Us
* | Gaia Store
* | Gift Certificate"

Because that's what I'm aiming for.
Well, I might be misunderstanding, but there is not font color on the background. The font is on the foreground. Therefore, if you wish to change only the font color and leave the background the same, try this:

(section or body code here) { color: #(desired color's code) }

If that's not the problem or the code doesn't work, feel free to scream at me. sweatdrop

Original Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
NowhereManXP
Well, I might be misunderstanding, but there is not font color on the background. The font is on the foreground. Therefore, if you wish to change only the font color and leave the background the same, try this:

[code:1](section or body code here) { color: #(desired color's code); }[/code:1]

If that's not the problem or the code doesn't work, feel free to scream at me. sweatdrop

Oh, I see what you mean. In that case, is there no way to change the clashing blue color of the font at the very bottom of the page, where it says, "Terms of Service, Rules & Guidelines," etc?
I'm not sure either,

#corp a{ color: #000000 !important; } will change the text colour at the bottom (I saw other people have the !important in their code and it seems to be necessary to change that text)

or to change the colour of the bar
#footer{ background-color: #000000; }

Original Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
You Rule Supreme
I'm not sure either,

#corp a{ color: #000000 !important; } will change the text colour at the bottom (I saw other people have the !important in their code and it seems to be necessary to change that text)

or to change the colour of the bar
#footer{ background-color: #000000; }

Thank you! That worked!
Indeed there is... I think. Try this:

#corp a:link { color: #(desired color code) }
#corp a:visited { color: #(desired color code) }
#corp a:active { color: #(desired color code) }
#corp a:hover { color: #(desired color code) }

Note: I have not tried this code myself and that the section code might actually be "#footer".

I hope it works.

Edit: Oops. Beaten. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas