Fashionable Genius

10,700 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
Horntastic
Mistress Wickid
http://dead2theworld423.wix.com/cwsdf

On that page there are two lines of transparent pixels on the left of the Wix.
Gaia doesn't support transparent Flash areas, so it turns them white.
Did you try adding a black background to the master page?

no i havent not quite sure how to do that. i only messed around with a premade one

Dapper Phantom

Mistress Wickid
Horntastic
Mistress Wickid

no i havent not quite sure how to do that. i only messed around with a premade one

Ok when you're in the editor there's a toolbar on the left and one of the buttons says "background" click that then click the one on the left it says "master page" and pick the black background then save.

Fashionable Genius

10,700 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
Horntastic
Mistress Wickid
Horntastic
Mistress Wickid

Ok when you're in the editor there's a toolbar on the left and one of the buttons says "background" click that then click the one on the left it says "master page" and pick the black background then save.

yay fixed

4,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
really really blaugh blaugh thx

B3NJ3US's Boyfriend

Big Member

Toxxn
Quote this for comments or for fast responses.

I'm trying to put wix on my profile and I'm following the steps listed, but I'm stuck at finding the embed code. I'm looking at the bottom of the edit page and I don't see an embed button anywhere. Am I going blind or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Dapper Phantom

Beelzebutt
Toxxn

I'm trying to put wix on my profile and I'm following the steps listed, but I'm stuck at finding the embed code. I'm looking at the bottom of the edit page and I don't see an embed button anywhere. Am I going blind or am I just looking in the wrong place?

The publish button should come up when you click the publish button, wait for it to save, then on that page it should be like share and then an embed button. If there is no embed button, you may have made an HTML5 profile, which isn't compatible with Gaia. To tell what kind you have, try right clicking anywhere on your Wix page - if the dropdown doesn't say something about Flash, you probably made an HTML5 page. In addition, if I remember right, the publish button is white instead of green on the HTML5 editor. If you start a new page, make sure to use the filter options to filter by Flash templates only.

B3NJ3US's Boyfriend

Big Member

Horntastic
Beelzebutt
Toxxn

The publish button should come up when you click the publish button, wait for it to save, then on that page it should be like share and then an embed button. If there is no embed button, you may have made an HTML5 profile, which isn't compatible with Gaia. To tell what kind you have, try right clicking anywhere on your Wix page - if the dropdown doesn't say something about Flash, you probably made an HTML5 page. In addition, if I remember right, the publish button is white instead of green on the HTML5 editor. If you start a new page, make sure to use the filter options to filter by Flash templates only.

AGH. I've been in HTML5 this whole time! Thanks for your help.

Friendly Player

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Toxxn
User Image

Hello fellow wix users,

I HAVE RETURNED!
Therefor my inbox is now back open to the public.
Previous to my departure for personal reasons, my inbox was filled daily with questions and comments regarding Wix.
These sorts of PM's are welcome, however if you have a question regarding general "How To's" involving Wix,
please check with my guild for assistance before sending me your PM.
Thanks!
Happy Wixing,
-Toxxn

I have successfully coded playlist to work on Wix!

Do not Quote the Guide posts as to it stretches the pages!
For fast responses or comments quote my post below the guide.

// The Official Wix Guild
My Coding Team and I release new and updated Guides & Tutorials with the Official Wix Profile Guild.
We also give Tips & Tricks on Wix that we professionals use when creating our own profiles.
By joining, you will receive Updated Announcements when new guides and tutorials are released.
You will also have access to a bunch of amazing stuff.
To join, please click the button below, the fee is FREE!
User Image

// Horntastic's Fantastic Wix Embed Converter
Horntastic, has created a very nice converter for the Wix user population here on Gaia.
The converter will convert your embed code for you while also providing your CSS codes. [X]

// Regarding the Sale of Wix
Selling WIX profiles is strictly PROHIBITED, both by Gaia ToS & US Copyright Laws.
If you are caught you willl be reported accordingly.
For more info on Copyright Infringement please click here. [x]
Me nor any staff member of the Official Wix Profile Guild endorse or promote the sale of Wix.

User Image

In this guide you will learn how to code and set up your own Wix profile with ease.
What throws people off is, Wix gives you an HTML Embed code which is useless on Gaia
as to Gaia strictly uses cascading style sheet coding, css for short.

// Navigation
Part 1: Converting from HTML[x]
Part 2: Resizing your media[x]
Part 3: Warnings, Credits, and Q&A[x]

Video Guide: [x]

Please read before watching video guide:
The video is outdated as to Wix has changed its Editor since the video was made.
As always I am happy to help you any way I can so please still feel free to PM me with questions of comments.

Hey! How can I add my WISHLIST to my gaia WIX PROFILE ?

Friendly Player

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Horntastic
How can I add my WISHLIST to my WIX Profile?

Dapper Phantom

dark_boy_xXx
Horntastic
How can I add my WISHLIST to my WIX Profile?

Can you delete the post where you quoted the front page? It's really big.
You can add your wishlist in two ways:
1. Outside the Wix:
Remove the CSS you have (put it somewhere safe), then place your wishlist panel in the same panel as the media panel containing the Wix, either on top or bottom. When you put the CSS back in the Wishlist will appear above or below the Wix, and you can format it with more CSS if you like.
2. Inside Wix:
This isn't your real wishlist, and won't update as you add/delete items here on Gaia. But if you want you can add the thumbnails of the items you are questing somewhere in the Wix profile itself. This probably isn't what you wanted.

Desirable Prophet

I read everything and all, I have my profile made, but not published.
Before I publish; How will my avitar get on the profile and when I change, will it change on the profile as well?
I accidentally made a html type format for my profile. Is there any way to convert it or do I just have to start over?

Dapper Phantom

luiemule89239032
I accidentally made a html type format for my profile. Is there any way to convert it or do I just have to start over?

No, you have to start over with Flash, sorry. ):
Wix has (or is working on) a method to go from Flash to HTML5, but I doubt they'd make one to go the other way since HTML5 is the new (better) version and they wouldn't want to go backwards.
When you start a new profile make sure you filter the templates to show only Flash ones.
Alright, I have everything done for my wix profile, except the media part. I have the code in, but it wont let me move the media content into the second collum. it's really pissing me off. :c Help please?

Dapper Phantom

x-OhAmelia
Alright, I have everything done for my wix profile, except the media part. I have the code in, but it wont let me move the media content into the second collum. it's really pissing me off. :c Help please?

Which code are you using, and why do you want it to be in the second column?
The second block of code on the front page and the code from the converter stack the columns on top of each other so that it doesn't matter which column the Wix is in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff