Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

Lady Saxophone

ooh~
someone told me that i could reposition as long as the logo is there.
oopsies~ thank you very much for clearing that up~.

even when i add the code to change the color/font/ect, it's taking away the logo.
*i added the */ dfgh /*

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
qveer
Lady Saxophone

ooh~
someone told me that i could reposition as long as the logo is there.
oopsies~ thank you very much for clearing that up~.

even when i add the code to change the color/font/ect, it's taking away the logo.
*i added the */ dfgh /*
Since you don't have the code in right now, I'm not too sure o:
Are you using #gaia_header, #gaia_header ul or #gaia_header, #gaia_header * for your selector though?
I'd recommend using the first one (with "ul" ) instead of the second... it's more proper and causes less issues

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Fatcat

Lady Saxophone

i'm using the second one.
this is the code i'm using for the img.
#header_left img {height: 0;
padding-top: 23px;
background: url(http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/Knight-Yoshi/gaiaonline/pro/logo/lightgray_zps891dfda2.png)
}

and this is one my friend told me to use for my header.
#gaia_header, #gaia_header *{background: white!important; color: white!important; } #gaia_header{opacity: 1;} #gaia_header #header_left:after{color:grey; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: -1px; content: '';}

**EDIT:
my friend's code had a ton of positioning stuff in it, so i took that out.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
qveer
i'm using the second one.
this is the code i'm using for the img.
#header_left img {height: 0;
padding-top: 23px;
background: url(http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/Knight-Yoshi/gaiaonline/pro/logo/lightgray_zps891dfda2.png)
}

and this is one my friend told me to use for my header.
#gaia_header, #gaia_header *{background: white!important; color: white!important; } #gaia_header{opacity: 1;} #gaia_header #header_left:after{color:grey; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: -1px; content: '';}

**EDIT:
my friend's code had a ton of positioning stuff in it, so i took that out.
Just change the asterisk to "ul" c:
* is a universal selector, which targets everything inside of the selector you specified... so it was grabbing all of the parts inside of your #gaia_header and making their background white... and your #header_left img is inside of your #gaia_header, so it was making that background white as well. Meanwhile, ul will only target the left header and the right header.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Fatcat

Lady Saxophone

.. ahhh!
thank you, thank you!
that caused me so much frustration!

//hughug.
emotion_bigheart

Wheezing Egg

Googled and got this. Helps a lot! Thank you so much! *subscribed*

Hellraiser

LORD JESUS HAVE MERCY I NEED SO MUCH HELP PLS

I cannot get my frigga fraggin background to do anything I want it to sob
          Where am I going wrong?

html, body{background: url(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h408/otakuharuka/Gaia Arts/13-10-31_zps842e49f0.png) no-repeat;}

O.G. Gaian

popular anime

Where am I going wrong?

html, body {background: url(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h408Thg/otakuharuka/Gaia Arts/13-10-31_zps842e49f0.png) no-repeat;}

The space in the URL. Put single quotes around it:

html, body {background: url('http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h408Thg/otakuharuka/Gaia Arts/13-10-31_zps842e49f0.png') no-repeat;}

Hellraiser

faolan
popular anime

Where am I going wrong?

html, body {background: url(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h408Thg/otakuharuka/Gaia Arts/13-10-31_zps842e49f0.png) no-repeat;}

The space in the URL. Put single quotes around it:

html, body {background: url('http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h408Thg/otakuharuka/Gaia Arts/13-10-31_zps842e49f0.png') no-repeat;}

HALLELUJAH
          BLESS U
          TYVM

Greedy Kitten

13,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
if i want to make avatars transparent, but when hovered over go solid and shift to the right, how would i do that?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
fagguccino
if i want to make avatars transparent, but when hovered over go solid
opacity
selector{opacity: 0.5;}
selector:hover{opacity: 1;}

fagguccino
and shift to the right, how would i do that?
There are a lot of different ways to do this. Easiest way is just adding padding to the opposite side you want it to move (so if you want it to move to the right, add padding to the left)
selector:hover{padding-left: 10px;}

Combined:
selector{opacity: 0.5;}
selector:hover{opacity: 1; padding-left: 10px;}

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
how do you move all of your boxes on your profile to the center, left, etc. ?

Beloved Darling

pimpcessn13
how do you move all of your boxes on your profile to the center, left, etc. ?

User ImageUser Image

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´User Image

You can use the following codes, changing width and (top) position depending on your preferences. Width refers to the space that your columns take up; the top position will designate the distance between the Gaia header and the panels.

Center:

#columns {width: 1020px; position: relative; top: 172px; float: none; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}

Right:

#columns {width: 1020px; position: relative; top: 172px; float: right}

By default, the columns float left, but if for some reason you need to specify it again, just change the above code to float: left instead of right.

User Image`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

Devoted Lunatic

User Image

I've figured out most I want to get done on my profile thanks to this gem of a thread, save for two things...
#1: Can I center the columns with them staying side by side? Most codes I've tried make the columns fall under each other...
Gonna give the option shown in the post above a shot! *scurries off*
Aaaand that one did the trick!
So that leaves me with:
#2: I've seen it on a few profiles but for the love of can't figure the coding out: The panels have a 'fixed' size but expand when hovering over them?

Sorry to be a bother sweatdrop

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Sineaed
User Image

I've figured out most I want to get done on my profile thanks to this gem of a thread, save for two things...
#1: Can I center the columns with them staying side by side? Most codes I've tried make the columns fall under each other...
Gonna give the option shown in the post above a shot! *scurries off*
Aaaand that one did the trick!
So that leaves me with:
#2: I've seen it on a few profiles but for the love of can't figure the coding out: The panels have a 'fixed' size but expand when hovering over them?

Sorry to be a bother sweatdrop
#1: Well, Confelicity pretty much answered your question, but you might also want to keep in mind that you can also adjust the widths and margins of the individual columns
#columns width = #column_1 width + #column_1 margins + #column_2 width + #column_2 margins + #column_3 width + #column_3 margins

#2: See this guide.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas