Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a question I hope someone can help me with, assuming I don't discover it somehow on my own first xD; but I've been trying for the past 20mins to no avail...

actually, it's a few questions

1. if I have a custom background image that is about 600px in height, but is being cut off a bit at the bottom, is it possible for me to have it not get cut off? I can't set it to repeat because it's a custom image I drew myself.
solution
I realized I had to change the height of the #id_about to the same height as the image to make it work.

2. I want to add links to the bottom of the 'image' that go to my posts, 'friend me' option, 'pm' option, etc. How do I do that?

3. How would I add links for 'view comments' and 'add comment'?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Owlsomniac
I have a question I hope someone can help me with, assuming I don't discover it somehow on my own first xD; but I've been trying for the past 20mins to no avail...

1. if I have a custom background image that is about 600px in height, but is being cut off a bit at the bottom, is it possible for me to have it not get cut off? I can't set it to repeat because it's a custom image I drew myself.
solution
I realized I had to change the height of the #id_about to the same height as the image to make it work.

2. I want to add links to the bottom of the 'image' that go to my posts, 'friend me' option, 'pm' option, etc. How do I do that?

1. Alternatively, you could have also set background-size: cover; to make the background image fit just right.
  2. You cannot insert hyperlinks in using CSS, so you would need to either edit that panel and link things in there with BBCode or make them floating text decorations.
  3. Same method as above, or you can add a Comments panel and put this into your theme override:
    #id_comments dt:nth-of-type(n+1) , #id_comments dd:nth-of-type(n+1) {display:none;}

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Owlsomniac

solution

1. Alternatively, you could have also set background-size: cover; to make the background image fit just right.
  2. You cannot insert hyperlinks in using CSS, so you would need to either edit that panel and link things in there with BBCode or make them floating text decorations.
  3. Same method as above, or you can add a Comments panel and put this into your theme override:
    #id_comments dt:nth-of-type(n+1) , #id_comments dd:nth-of-type(n+1) {display:none;}

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

This is pretty helpful for me as well, I've been trying to make my own custom one for ages. XD thanks

Dengeki Blue's Kouhai

Cultist

the code to remove avatar from your details panel, is it not

#id_details img{display:none;}

???
Because that used to work but now it doesn't seem to. Or did gaia make it now impossible to edit that?
I've even tried the opacity code and set it to 0, and still it doesn't affect it.

Aged Misfit

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Change that comma after "center" to a semicolon --
html, body{background: url(http://www.psdgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/colorful-triangles.jpg) no-repeat center; background-size: cover; background-color: #000000;}
You need a semicolon to separate each property you code c;

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Can I just butt in here and give you a enormous thank you for this tidbit of code? It's fixed my space background.
emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

Pure-hearted Investigator

13,250 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Canny Agent 50
how would I put CSS coding from a website like W3schools.com into this?

(I am trying but failing, all I want is one centered transparent box with a scroll bar and text... I am so lost....)

Edit: basically like this this profile

Beloved Darling

The Angelmaker

It still works, but since your avatar has an animated item, it uses flash, so it has its own selector. Use #animated_item in addition to #id_details img.

Dengeki Blue's Kouhai

Cultist

Confelicity
The Angelmaker

It still works, but since your avatar has an animated item, it uses flash, so it has its own selector. Use #animated_item in addition to #id_details img.
worked now
need help with my profile please help i will pay gold!

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Hello Im Angel
need help with my profile please help i will pay gold!
This guide is majorly outdated, so you won't get much help in here ^^;
Instead, why not make a thread and clearly describe what exactly you need help with?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Anxious Lunatic

Hey, I have no idea if this thread is still running but I've found some very useful things here.
I was wondering if there's any way to give your columns different positions.
So far, if I try to split my columns, the code just breaks and they disappear.
Can they ONLY be beside one another? They can't have different top - bottom positions?
Let's say I want my colums in a triangle shape (Which IS what I'm trying to do)

Column 1

Column 2........................................................................................Column3

Witty Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
AngelSuey
Hey, I have no idea if this thread is still running but I've found some very useful things here.
I was wondering if there's any way to give your columns different positions.
So far, if I try to split my columns, the code just breaks and they disappear.
Can they ONLY be beside one another? They can't have different top - bottom positions?
Let's say I want my colums in a triangle shape (Which IS what I'm trying to do)

Column 1

Column 2........................................................................................Column3

Sure it's possible.
I kinda did this.
#column_1 {
position: absolute;
background: #rgba(0,0,0,0.4)
color:#297ACC;
font-family: Verdana;
-moz-transition: all 0.5s;
-webkit-transition: all 0.5s;
transition: all 0.5s;
opacity: 1;
top:70px;
left: 50px
}
#column_2 {
top:-50px;
left: 300px
}
#column_3 {
top:70px;
left: 800px
}

I just changed the top values depending on how steep I wanted the 'triangle' and the left value depending on how wide I wanted the triangle.

EDIT: Oh and add this as well so that stupid transparent border doesn't bother you.
#columns, #column_1, #column_2, #column_3{overflow:visible;}

Adorable Waffles

3,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
This was actually helpful. thanks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash